A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

Find a non-super-popular bottle for around $25 and you're set.

For a scotch example, Dalmore is quite good at that price. Johnny Walker and Glenlivet are shit. For bourbon, Woodford Reserve or Knob Creek are great.

Note: Glenlivet was my introduction to fine scotch, but I have since learned that really, it just isn't very good. Johnny Walker isn't even worth mentioning, except that is at least the third time that I have in this thread, dammit.

Well-spoken. Glenlivet is something to drink when your other choices are a bunch of crap poly-malt like J&B and Johnny Walker and the like.

This is my kind of thread :dopey: !!

Here is my liquer cabinet:
(as taken 5 minutes ago)

Booze2_1.JPG

My immediate response is mixed:

1) That's a LOT of Scotch
2) Where do you get your jew-gold to amass such a collection?
3) Marry me?

The obvious solution is to combine them all:

Marry me so that I may partake in your whisky and your Jew-gold

Wow.

One of these days I'll try Johnny Blue, and try to be objective, even though I already know it can't be very good. :loco:

EDIT: not a bottle, just a dram from a bar/friend/bum. There's no way I would give that company almost $200.

It is a lot of scotch, but I do like my fine single malt...
I do not drink scotch "until I pass out" - that would be just wrong, and a total waste of
great liquid...
Which is why I pity the fools who drink single malt ON THE ROCKS.

Johnny Blue lable is fantastic, but to be honest with you... not the best I've had....
I prefer Laghroaig / Macallan 18/ Lagavulin

Edit: and actually: the Green Lable is better, IMO

M00se: my parents bought me the blue lable haha!

^ haha, thank you Jim!
I know you are one of the few people I know that trully appreciate single malt in room temperature ;)

Who the fuck refrigerates single malt?!!?!?! I pity the foo'.

Also, who the fuck puts ice in it? Just boggles my mind. If ANYTHING, just a tiny drop of SPRING WATER to open it up a bit.

godamn, i have to go and buy me a bottle of Lagavulin 16 this weekend. :oops:

Who the fuck refrigerates single malt?!!?!?! I pity the foo'.

Also, who the fuck puts ice in it? Just boggles my mind. If ANYTHING, just a tiny drop of SPRING WATER to open it up a bit.

godamn, i have to go and buy me a bottle of Lagavulin 16 this weekend. :oops:

Not refrigerate, but you'll be suprised how many idiots came to my house
and said "yes" to my offer for a drink, and then told me: "do you have ice?"
I just look at them and think: why oh why did you say yes then???
what a waste.
I actually refuse to let my guests put ice in anything that is aged more than 10 years :loco:

I've done me shopping for everyone else... and I have some left over... I've been seriously thinking of grabbing a couple of bottles, and I blame this thread for deciding exactly what I shall purchasing.

And Karen, I would never use you for your single malt. Your body, yes, but single malt I would provide. :oops: