A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

I just heard from my brother that he found some whisky in my deceased grandfather's basement that he believes might be from the 1950s.

My grandfather's teetotaling, ultra-Christian son flew in from Denver to collect some things, found the bottles, poured them out and threw the them in the garbage.

Corsair Triple Smoke is fucking amazing. You should try it. It's a malt whiskey where the malt is smoked with peat, cherrywood, and beechwood. Very layered flavors and beyond the cherrywood, you get this toasted marshmallow flavor that rules. I believe it won an award from Whiskey Advocate a couple years ago. I first tried it at that EPIC tasting a couple weeks ago. It was eye opening towards American craft whiskies.

The Amrut is from India is fucking awesome as well. Gobs of flavor.

My grandfather's teetotaling, ultra-Christian son flew in from Denver to collect some things, found the bottles, poured them out and threw the them in the garbage.

tNx7nB4.gif

Corsair Triple Smoke is fucking amazing. You should try it. It's a malt whiskey where the malt is smoked with peat, cherrywood, and beechwood. Very layered flavors and beyond the cherrywood, you get this toasted marshmallow flavor that rules. I believe it won an award from Whiskey Advocate a couple years ago. I first tried it at that EPIC tasting a couple weeks ago. It was eye opening towards American craft whiskies.

Sounds wonderful

I look forward to never being able to taste it

I'm sure this incident of utter stupidity is not isolated. Please write a book regaling his idiotic tales, make a fortune off the pending movie deal, and then donate the proceeds (after your comfortable life is established) to the Church of Satan. Dedicated in his name of course.

gramps also had a Luger that he (probably) grabbed out of some Nazi's hand and beat him with it. I had my eye on it since I was a kid and my Mom said I would get it when Gramps died. The whiskey-pouring son snatched it on one of his trips back to the homestead....pretty sure he got it before his Dad was even dead. I bet he just threw it in a drawer somewhere never to be seen again.

Had another epic tasting last night amongst a few friends:

Penderyn
Bunnahabian 8 (Macphails Collection)
Glenlivet 1974
Amrut CS
Glenfarclas 17
Compass Box Spice Tree
Compass Box The Lost Blend
Old Pulteney 21
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
Kilchoman Machir Bay
Allt-A-Bhainne 15