At the Gates

It's not that Slaughter is a bad album, but it simply isn't up to par with what At The Gates was before that. It's more or less recommended that he gets the first four releases before considering Slaughter.

Nah, it IS that it is a bad album.

SotS gets old after a while, but its enjoyable. Memorable riffs, aggressive in nature, same passion of old AtG, without the thought put into the composition (thus its somewhat repetitive nature). Its main weakness is it becomes somewhat redundant when compared to the first 3 I mentioned, but as I am alluding to, its worth the listen.

No, SotS is pretty much a steaming pile of shit

Nah, it IS that it is a bad album.

What is with the hostility towards that album? Frankly, it's my personal favorite. I feel like it gets a lot of hate for not being tr00 enough (i.e. you can hear every instrument). I think Slaughter of the Soul is their most well thought out album, and the songs have more structure. The songs on With Fear and Red In The Sky seem to just happen, not unlike early dark tranquility. It's utter chaos with relatively little evidence of conscious songwriting. Good stuff, but I think Slaughter is excellent. I really don't understand stuff like "SotS is pretty much a steaming pile of shit."

TRITSIO
Gardens of Grief
WFIKTBD
SoTS

to be honest, its all essential listening.

Except I would invert the list, but that's all personal choice...

No, SotS is pretty much a steaming pile of shit

What is with the hostility towards that album? Frankly, it's my personal favorite. I feel like it gets a lot of hate for not being tr00 enough (i.e. you can hear every instrument). I think Slaughter of the Soul is their most well thought out album, and the songs have more structure. The songs on With Fear and Red In The Sky seem to just happen, not unlike early dark tranquility. It's utter chaos with relatively little evidence of conscious songwriting. Good stuff, but I think Slaughter is excellent. I really don't understand stuff like "SotS is pretty much a steaming pile of shit."

You're a fag.

Except I would invert the list, but that's all personal choice...

For truth :kickass: