Borknagar to play Screamfest 08

Hmm, I don't think they can afford to cancel at this point.

Well, mean they have a lot of time to fill his place... they could even just pick a few songs to play before hand and get a temporary drummer to fill in for that one show. After that though, who knows.

Why on earth would they cancel?

Like I said above, they could probably get a replacement to fill in for tha tone show but I remember Tyr saying:

Well, I certainly hope we will get a drummer that lives in the Oslo-area (most of the band lives in this area), otherwise the prospect of future concerts is pretty much gone....

Which is why I was a bit worried. I also remember reading that Asgeir's departure won't affect the album release but it could effect future shows.

Heh, Asgeir will be at the festival anyway since he helps organise it. I'm sure they could get a replacement for a one off performance anyway.

Oh well, I want to see the other bands too, also a lot of friends are going to it'll be a fun night, and of course hopefully I'll get to finally meet Asgeir <3

phew

My ticket arrived today, really excited now. Turns out the only flight I can get is the Wednesday before, late at night though. So that means Thursday and Friday daytime left to hang about Oslo, any suggestions of things to do that won't leave me too drained for the weekend?

yes i will come...i hope it will be great...i must go to Norway only for Borknagar.its crazy,man...

I'm pretty sure that we'll play. Fret not, leave the fretting to us ;)

That's good news :) .

phew

My ticket arrived today, really excited now. Turns out the only flight I can get is the Wednesday before, late at night though. So that means Thursday and Friday daytime left to hang about Oslo, any suggestions of things to do that won't leave me too drained for the weekend?

Say hi to the band for me :p (hi Tyr!).

Well Oslo is certainly a wonderful place to go to, it was amongst my fave of Europe (along with Brussels and London). I'd suggest taking the train (tube :lol: ) that goes "oppi fjellet" (up "in" the mountains), and basically get off at the last stop. There's a nice hotel over there which will charge you a lot for a damn cup of hot chocolate (and with no refill). The view is great from there, so I suggest doing that :) .

For the next day, go to this store, you might as well spend the whole ay in there (LOTS of rare stuff, one of the best Metal stores I went to in "Yurop").

http://www.neseblodrecords.com/

The guys are quite nice, and there are a lot rare (albeit somewhat expensive) items.

Downtown Oslo is pretty nice too, but not as crazy at night as Bergen was :lol: (Three girls peeing on the street? Priceless :kickass: ).

@MR. Tivaz

Kan jeg" bestille" flere sanger av "Borknagar"?Det er meget viktig for meg,ettersom jeg kommer i Norge på Screamfest bare for "Borknagar" skuld.
Jeg skulle ville gjerne hor det sanger:
"The stelar Dome"
"Ineherit the earth"
"The view of everlast"
"Future reminiscence"

Tusen takk for oppmerksomhet=):p