DOGS

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
does anyone have a dog? tell me about your dogs if you've got 'em

at some point (when we have more money and better jobs and whatnot) we're going to buy a finnish lapphund, i'm 99% certain of this

2ur11fm.jpg

look at this pretty dog

The first day I moved out of my parent's house, I bought a dog. I've typically owned two dogs, at any give time, since then. I can't ever see living without a dog. They are amazing animals.

If you intend to buy a purebred dog, I would do a significant amount of research on the breed before buying them. Each breed has so many different requirements; cost, maintenance, space requirements, diet, interaction, etc. For instance, those who would own Huskies, should be aware they howl incessantly. They also like to run away.

The other cost factor, aside from the initial purchase, are the types of health problems inherent to the breed. I own two Boxers. Boxers often have leg problems. We just spent nearly $4K on leg surgery. As I said, just know what you're getting yourself in for.

Good luck.

The first day I moved out of my parent's house, I bought a dog. I've typically owned two dogs, at any give time, since then. I can't ever see living without a dog. They are amazing animals.

If you intend to buy a purebred dog, I would do a significant amount of research on the breed before buying them. Each breed has so many different requirements; cost, maintenance, space requirements, diet, interaction, etc. For instance, those who would own Huskies, should be aware they howl incessantly. They also like to run away.

The other cost factor, aside from the initial purchase, are the types of health problems inherent to the breed. I own two Boxers. Boxers often have leg problems. We just spent nearly $4K on leg surgery. As I said, just know what you're getting yourself in for.

Good luck.
oh yeah, i know all this, we've done a ton of research and ended up being pretty set on the lapphund

when i lived with my dad we had a tibetan terrier, great dog

i would NOT buy a husky, beautiful as they are, unless i lived a pretty active life in a rural area

I would think the shitting everywhere might be a problem also
If you mean in the house, dogs don't do that. If you mean in your yard... we've constructed a dog run along the side of the house where they relieve themselves. In essence, it functions like a large litter box, which makes it very easy to clean, and the shit doesn't end up scattered throughout our yard.

eehhhh....that still sounds kinda disgusting. Makes sense though, I guess.

dogs don't poop inside

you go walking your dog a couple times a day, and that's when the dog poops

i can't believe i'm explaining the finer points of dog pooping to someone over the age of 8. you should know this