Michael Vick and his amazing dog-fighting ring

Now if we're done accusing me of nor caring about the dogs because more people on the UM Forums prefer cats, we can move on.

Actually I was just talking to the people who had replied already. Because they all prefer cats but okay.

Mostly I simply disagree with calling for the sanctioned death of a human being. If he had tortured, killed and kept humans to fight, then I'd probably agree that he should, but that's not what happened. He killed animals. That isn't worth taking a human life.

In your opinion. I for one A) Don't think all humans are equal (not for reasons of gender, race, or class but by intelligence and overall worth) and B) I value all life, especially beyond humans because quite frankly---There are plenty of us. We're not going anywhere. I am aware that pitbulls aren't going anywhere either, but animal's lives in general are important to me because there are so few of them in comparison to us. The less there is, the more they are worth. We humans are making our individual worth less and less important because there are so many of us. A species is worth so much more when it is not an infestation. An overpopulated species will quickly breech its carrying capacity forcing many to die away... This is also related directly to a myriad of other things as I'm sure you can imagine (poverty, environmental issues,etc etc).

If Vick killed to save himself, fine. But he killed for no reason. He KILLED FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN FRIVOLITY, SPORT, PLEASURE, HOBBEY, AND PEER PRESSURE. Maybe you were brought up to believe killing for sport is healthy, but I was not. And you will not change my mind on this. There is no need to kill deer unless you need to eat it for food. There is no need to kill a dog simply because s/he lost a fight. It goes against everything I value as a person and because of that I would punish him severely.

To whoever asked me what my idea of a punishment is, fine. I would not have Vick killed. I always believe in redemption. Humans are very capable of it. However I would give him much more than a fucking year. I'd give him 10. And not ever let him own a dog again. :p

Nothing fixes the problem more then complaining on a forum dedicated to heavy metal frequented by people who don't like you/ don't give a shit, eh susperia?

But his career isn't ruined...The coach wants him back on the team when he gets out. In 3 years I'm sure his life will be peachy again.

Um...what? Where the fuck did you hear that from? He's losing everything he has. When he gets out of jail all he'll have is his name. We don't even know what the NFL is going to do to him AFTER he finishes his prison sentence, for all we know he might be banned for life. So if I were you, I'd hold on making up something dumb like that to try and prove your point.

edit: Funny part is, Bobby Petrino, which you obviously didn't know, is their new head coach. He's met Vick maybe a handful of times. So he doesn't even really know the guy, let alone want him to return to a team he won't see for a good 3+ years. Oh and did I mention, Arthur Blank the owner of the Falcons, is filing an appeal to the NFL to retrieve the $30 million signing bonus he gave Vick. So yeah, I doubt they want the guy back.

Actually I was just talking to the people who had replied already. Because they all prefer cats but okay.

You were quoting me when you said it. It doesn't take an idiot to know that you were making an assumption about me.

In your opinion. I for one A) Don't think all humans are equal (not for reasons of gender, race, or class but by intelligence and overall worth) and B) I value all life, especially beyond humans because quite frankly---There are plenty of us. We're not going anywhere. I am aware that pitbulls aren't going anywhere either, but animal's lives in general are important to me because there are so few of them in comparison to us. The less there is, the more they are worth. We humans are making our individual worth less and less important because there are so many of us. A species is worth so much more when it is not an infestation. An overpopulated species will quickly breech its carrying capacity forcing many to die away... This is also related directly to a myriad of other things as I'm sure you can imagine (poverty, environmental issues,etc etc).

If Vick killed to save himself, fine. But he killed for no reason. He KILLED FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN FRIVOLITY, SPORT, PLEASURE, HOBBEY, AND PEER PRESSURE. Maybe you were brought up to believe killing for sport is healthy, but I was not. And you will not change my mind on this. There is no need to kill deer unless you need to eat it for food. There is no need to kill a dog simply because s/he lost a fight. It goes against everything I value as a person and because of that I would punish him severely.

Well than maybe you should have some fucking perspective. These were DOGS. The reason he isn't going to prison for forty years and having "MURDERER" burned into his forhead is because the laws are made by people who are generally reasonable and not fuckwads like you.

Oh, and this?

Maybe you were brought up to believe killing for sport is healthy, but I was not.

You can take that shit and shove it up your fucking ass. I am so sick to fucking death of what a condescending bitch you are. Someone needs to hammer it into your closed up little mind that you aren't as fucking perfect as you think you are.

Um...what? Where the fuck did you hear that from? He's losing everything he has. When he gets out of jail all he'll have is his name. We don't even know what the NFL is going to do to him AFTER he finishes his prison sentence, for all we know he might be banned for life. So if I were you, I'd hold on making up something dumb like that to try and prove your point.

I did not make that up. You must think I am more stupid than I really am. It was on NPR's news hour Friday evening or morning (I can't remember which since i listen to and from work) they interviewed either the coach or someone involved in the team and he said that even though it is emotionally reasonable to ban Vick for the rest of his career, it wouldn't necessarily be the practical thing to do and that he is going to do some negotiating.

Fuck you for thinking I'd lie to prove a point. That is really insulting to me.

I hope you realize that there's more than one coach. So saying "either the coach or someone involved in the team" is a pretty vague statement. Which means you have no idea what you are talking about. Not only that but a coach is powerless in this whole process. Imo, if the goddamn owner is trying to get all his money back from the guy, and has stated numerous times that they are looking towards the future of the franchise, then I highly doubt they want Vick back.