How the fuck do I meet other metalheads?

Nephilim96

Nov 1, 2012
california
I know I sound like a little fag, but how do I find other metal heads to befriend? I'm tired of having nobody to talk to regarding *insert band*'s new album coming out soon, etc. other than people on the internet (i.e. UM). I'm only in HS fwiw.

Well I went through my high school, college and later uni years without doing so. So don't have high expectations in regards to this. Go to the local bar that has metal nights with a friend who can be convinced to come and see if there are any approachable looking girls.

Go to shows, obviously.
Find other metal heads at your school.

It's difficult to meet others if you don't venture out.

I wonder if there's a metalhead specific dating website. They have those kinds of things for everyone these days it seems.

If there isn't one, I'm sure you could make a killing by creating one. :lol:

Find the cool dude at the show standing in the pack with his arms crossed looking pissed off and talk to him about his badass Manilla Road shirt. Or, find the other dude up front who is going apeshit for Saint Vitus with you, grab his shoulder, and belt out the lyrics to Dying Inside with him.

And you are on this forum, meet up with people that live fairly close to you.

I have one "metal" friend outside this board, and he doesn't live anywhere near by. Whenever I see what appears to be "metal heads" at school, they don't appear to be of the ah, quality I would prefer. No, Black Dahlia Murder and CoB are not the most badass bands ever.

The last actual metalhead friends I had were when I was stationed in Germany. I left there in 2008. It just worked out that the shop I was in had a bunch of metalheads and it was great that we could all talk about the music, bands, go to shows, etc. When I came to Missouri, no one I work with is really into metal. And it seems like no new people who come are into it either...So hear I am with no metalhead friends. I kind of got a couple of guys into some metal, but I wouldn't call them die hard fans. There's only one guy around here that I know who is a big metalhead. I guess I can call him a friend, but we never hang out. The only time I see him is randomly at the local bar I met him in.

same as Ozz. Only one of my friends is a metalhead, but he's not into the same shit I am. he's more into prog, djent and other nonsense. I really don't mind not having any of my friends listen to metal because I listen to plenty of other music, and our conversations generally don't involve music anyway

I've run into enough acne-ridden constantly-scowling camo-panted tr00-Gorgoroth-patched black metal guys, ponytailed anorexic computer-lab-inhabiting Sonata Arctica fans, and chubby denim-vested Individual Thought Patterns-wearing 18 year olds to not bother seeking any more out. I only associate with non-physically-repulsive individuals, and thankfully on internet forums I don't need to know what you guys look like. Although I did come across this really hunky blonde guy wearing an Unquestionable Presence t-shirt and Ray-Bans. I regret not getting his number, but we were just talking in opposite directions likely between classes and couldn't think of a good pick-up line.

EDIT: Oh, and there was this one cutie that looked like an older version of the kid from Terminator 2/American History X wearing a Hirax t-shirt, and he was in a class across the hall of mine. Only saw him once though.