How the fuck do I meet other metalheads?

Here in Denver it's pretty easy. There's a record store run by metalheads called Black and Read, it's actually really well known within the community and makes it into our local indie newspaper as one of the best businesses in town.

I was handing out flyers for my upcoming show at the 16th St Mall on Saturday and the place was crawling with metalheads.

However, I also went to TRVE Brewery on Friday and their clientele seems to have shifted towards bros and their ilk, despite the fact that they still play metal so loud that you have to shout to be heard in the place. Which is fine by me because they make delicious beer and deserve the attention.

The metal community in Denver is pretty well-knit though.

I'll usually introduce myself to anyone who supports the local talent, because the bands in the scene are awesome and anyone who can appreciate that much can't be that bad.

So that's like... 200+ people and growing.

Yeah I'm pretty happy to be relatively close to Chicago, especially with the Peoria buttsex brigade across the Mississippi from me.

Yeah it's not uncommon to see guys with patch jackets roaming around parts of Chicago, especially the north side. Suburban Chicagoland, where I live, isn't nearly as awesome, though I am lucky to have a few metal dive bars in my vicinity. Those are definitely the best places to meet fellow metalheads.

I know collectively three guys into metal.

One fortysomething old school thrasher
One guy into crossover and thrash and occult doom/rock
One guy into slam
Maybe a few girls into shit like A7X and Slipknot/Korn/Whatnot. I'll pass on that.

West Virginia isnt the place to find more either.

I know collectively three guys into metal.

One fortysomething old school thrasher
One guy into crossover and thrash and occult doom/rock
One guy into slam
Maybe a few girls into shit like A7X and Slipknot/Korn/Whatnot. I'll pass on that.

West Virginia isnt the place to find more either.

I think slam fans are hard to find. I've never had any friends who were into it, even my metalhead friends that I was with in Germany. At the time I was there, I didn't really know slam even existed. I learned A LOT on my own since leaving Germany. I'm sure a lot of those guys would like it, but no one really knew much about it.

Introduce your friends to the music! I introduced my friend to heavy music with shit nu-metal bands like slipknot back years ago and he searched alot about it and now he's a big fan of all thing black metal, started his own band and is studying music in college!

Meet them at concerts. Also, gradually get them into metal. Recently i was at Disney's California Adventure (i know that sounds fucking stupid) and a guy working at a restaurant noticed my Immortal shirt and we struck up a conversation about great fucking metal. Shit can happen almost anywhere

I'm in high school now and this is a bad thing to say but the only other people I have met who listen to metal have been to put it delicately a bit school shootery

I don't think it's pointless. I think my previous comment is still relevant.

Find the cool dude at the show standing in the pack with his arms crossed looking pissed off and talk to him about his badass Manilla Road shirt. Or, find the other dude up front who is going apeshit for Saint Vitus with you, grab his shoulder, and belt out the lyrics to Dying Inside with him.

And you are on this forum, meet up with people that live fairly close to you.

I once saw a buff blonde guy in Ray-Bans wearing an Atheist t-shirt. He's confident sexual aura prevented me from approaching.