My Parasite

metallicdistort

Shite name.
Sep 10, 2008
Leicester, UK
www.lightwithin.org.uk
I understand Matt and Ol are probably going to be too busy to read/answer this, so I'm not expecting an immediate reply.

Despite being a bonus track, My Parasite is one of my very favourite tracks off Infected Nations. To me it sounds like the best parts of Enter The Grave and Infected Nations fused together. Is this because it was one of the first songs you wrote in between the two albums? Or was it one of the last to be written, and represents the direction that Evile are heading in in the future?

Cheers :kickass:

A while ago we got offered a USA tour with a very cool band, and everything was apparently sorted, until last minute i got a mail saying "oh yeah, its not, sorry"

I was extremely pissed off, and wrote the track in about an hour out of anger. It was initially just a track for me to vent and i called it "pissed off" but when it came to picking tracks for the album we thought why not.

But when it came to recording the tracks for the album, we decided to concentrate on the album tracks, and not spend time on my parasite, though towards the end we thought it'd be cool as a bonus track.

A while ago we got offered a USA tour with a very cool band, and everything was apparently sorted, until last minute i got a mail saying "oh yeah, its not, sorry"

I was extremely pissed off, and wrote the track in about an hour out of anger. It was initially just a track for me to vent and i called it "pissed off" but when it came to picking tracks for the album we thought why not.

But when it came to recording the tracks for the album, we decided to concentrate on the album tracks, and not spend time on my parasite, though towards the end we thought it'd be cool as a bonus track.

Shall the band not be named? :lol:

Not bad at all for an hours writing! You can certainly feel the anger in the song, with the raging riffs and twisted solo :headbang:. It would be awesome if you wrote more songs like this in the future, maybe you could try stubbing your toe or something to replicate the anger? :lol:

Cheers :kickass:

True, but I just really liked the agression in My Parasite, and thought more raging-angry muthafucka songs would be awesome

It's good to see you guys want to stay away from writing the same album twice, makes me even more excited for a new album if your sound is constantly evolving, creating a different musical experience. Would be a while until it materialises though, as you have a pretty hectic touring schedule at the moment. Best of luck for that, and cheers for the replies Ol :kickass:

I like Fallout Boy better. That means they could be irradiated zombies instead of trendsters.