Enter The Grave vs Infected Nations

Enter The Grave vs Infected Nations

• Total voters
There's free will then there's fact. Infected Nations is a better album than Enter the Grave in every possible aspect - that's a fact. People prefer Enter the Grave - that's an opinion. But it's a nonensical one that I can't understand whatsoever.

Keenan is a fag - fact.

So's ya face? :lol:

I'd have to compare it to (Sorry, yes this band again) Metallica's first two albums.

Kill 'Em All (Enter the Grave) - Fairly straight forward thrash metal. Great riffs, double bass, bad lyrics :lol: Its a "Fun" album.

Ride the Lightning (Infected Nations) - Better, albeit, slower riffs, more complex time signatures, longer songs, great lyrics, "Fun time is over, time to get serious" album.

Fuck it I'm fed up wih trying to get the point across so let's see if you can understand this:

You're all fucking stupid.

Dave, my respect for you has gone downhill, I always say that you have lost the arguement when you retort to childish insults and name calling, if you can't get your point across in a reasonable manner then don't be part of the debate

I try to get my point across in a reasnable manner and people miss the sodding point my friend. It's like trying to teach infants quantum physics on here.

:lol::lol::lol:

Thats why I failed in science, I was too busy swinging a bulls eye above my head to listen to the teacher (In those days Biology was part of the science class for some reason)

On a serious note though, some of us are more advanced than others and they are maybe not as clued up on the subtleties of the English language as we are, and will think that you are firing cheap shots

:lol::lol::lol:

Thats why I failed in science, I was too busy swinging a bulls eye above my head to listen to the teacher (In those days Biology was part of the science class for some reason)

On a serious note though, some of us are more advanced than others and they are maybe not as clued up on the subtleties of the English language as we are, and will think that you are firing cheap shots

You ever tried teaching quantum physics to a bunch of children who're preoccupied with eating crayons and shoving scissors up their nose? It's fucking impossible :lol:

I'm past the point of giving a shit mate, I'll fire cheap shots all over their faces (the forum members, not the children!!)

i've never heard anyone say of an album that got them into a band in the first place that it was generic shite. thats a new one on me.

Haha, didn't see this post :lol:

I didn't mean 'shite' as in 'this album is bad', maybe that was a bad choice of words. It's a good album, I've always said it's a good album - but good as it is, there's no denying whatsoever that Enter the Grave is a generic slice of thrash, it's nothing groundbreaking or new is it? No offence intended towards you fellas, but after hearing Infected Nations, Enter the Grave is sub-par in comparison. I think even you'll agree with that Matt. Hell, even at the Mancheser show I was getting slightly bored about halfway through because going from Time No More into Bathe in Blood (or whichever song followed TNM) just put the difference between the two albums into perspective for me.

There was a discussion on UK Thrash awhile ago (I may have mentioned this here before) where everyone came to the conlusion that the more you're 'into' a particular genre of music - like thrash - then you'll automatically discover new bands/albums and your tastes, standards and most importantly your expectations, get raised. I've heard so many albums and bands that my expectations have been raised to a ridiculously high standard, and 80% of the thrash albums I hear these days are just more (shitty) replicas of what's been done before. Enter the Grave was an exception because, unlike a lot of these new thrash albums, it was the same old stuff but it was GOOD as opposed to just being boring plodding shite. Infected Nations is far more original and experimental, yet just as furious and fun as the first one was - not to mention the huge leaps in production, performance etc.

You hear something like that, then go back and listen to ETG and it's almost funny how such a massive leap was made between albums, especially so early on in the band's career. Couple that with the fact that I played the first album almost constantly since it's release and you've got something that has grown stale, which is why I got in contact with Ol amongst my bouts of pant-shitting when I heard the new record. See what I mean? I'm all for opinion and all that gay stuff, but I don't comprehend how people can take overdone and generic thrash - no matter how great it is - over something that's superior in every single way and far more original. It makes no bloody sense. And people have the sodding nerve to call me close minded sometimes, all I can see in this scenario are people who are afraid to turn their brain on in a totally unsexual way and venture out of the stereotypical thrash stuff. It makes me want to suplex a train into a church full of puppies.

Also, for the record it was the Killer from the Deep demo that got me into your music so... aye, just throwing that out there :lol:

Look its all just a matter of taste, and in a way the only way the albums ARE comparrable is the fact that the same guys put it out. But they are different albums and both are good for different reasons. Which is why people will favoure ETG over IN or the other way round. I couldnt possibly say somebody is wrong by liking ETG more (well i do myself). IN has a higher standard of skills and origionality, but for me that wont make me favoure the album over ETG because things dont have to be a step up in origionality to be good. I mean if this was the case people would never be listening to bands like Electric Wizard, Cathedral or Sleep as it all comes from ripping Black Sabbath off, but the music is good and its enjoyable.

It is just all taste, and that now said... i think there's too much salt in my soup.

(I do love Infected Nations though, a grower indeedy)

You ever tried teaching quantum physics to a bunch of children who're preoccupied with eating crayons and shoving scissors up their nose? It's fucking impossible :lol:

I'm past the point of giving a shit mate, I'll fire cheap shots all over their faces (the forum members, not the children!!)

I like this analogy. Its like teaching Quantum Physics to most people anyway :lol:

So's ya face? :lol:

I'd have to compare it to (Sorry, yes this band again) Metallica's first two albums.

Kill 'Em All (Enter the Grave) - Fairly straight forward thrash metal. Great riffs, double bass, bad lyrics :lol: Its a "Fun" album.

Ride the Lightning (Infected Nations) - Better, albeit, slower riffs, more complex time signatures, longer songs, great lyrics, "Fun time is over, time to get serious" album.

Keenan speaks truth. I admittedly prefer RTL, but I would never say to someone "HOW CAN YOU NOT PREFER RTL TO KILL EM ALL YOU PIECE OF SHIT?" I can understand how they would prefer Kill Em All even though I don't agree with them. It's all just opinion, and the great thing about opinion is that people have different ones, makes life more interesting. But often it's hard to understand someone elses' opinion, that's fair enough, but people should be tolerant of their opinions, otherwise you're discouraging freedom of speech.

Just saw that and i think RTL is their best album, even though this is nothing to do with this topic. I've heard people says its there worst but they are just talking out of their fucking arses. They read it in magazines and go "OH IT MUST BE TROO!!!!"

I see where you are coming from but I atleast have heard a lot less thrash so it seems much better to me. IN is great they both are. I don't think you can really compare them from what i've seen here.

If anything I'd say it's more like ...And Justice for All, but comparisons can be limiting. :p I see the point Keenan was getting across though, Enter the Grave is a much more 'immature' or 'fun' album in comparison to Infected Nations. Both great albums nonetheless!

If anything I'd say it's more like ...And Justice for All, but comparisons can be limiting. :p I see the point Keenan was getting across though, Enter the Grave is a much more 'immature' or 'fun' album in comparison to Infected Nations. Both great albums nonetheless!

You've hit the nail on the head!!! My thoughts exactly!!!:headbang:

Infected is a lot like AJFA with it's musical style and AJFA is one of the most underated albums of all time (and one of my favourite albums)!!!

As much as I love ETG, I love the more 'mature' approach the band have taken on Infected Nations. Leave all the party thrash to Gama Bomb & Municipal Waste...