Enter The Grave vs Infected Nations

Enter The Grave vs Infected Nations

• Total voters

metallicdistort

Shite name.
Sep 10, 2008
Leicester, UK
www.lightwithin.org.uk
You all knew this thread was going to happen one day...

Well Infected Nations has been out for several months now, so I think it's now ready to be properly compared to Enter The Grave. Or is this too early?

So what's your favourite Evile album so far?

I personally think that Enter The Grave is currently unbeatable imo. It's just one of those near flawless thrash albums. Although Infected Nations is still awesome in it's own right, I prefer the faster tempos, riffs and vocals on Enter The Grave. However, I have the feeling the 3rd Evile album will be the best, as is the case with many other bands. Well there's no way of possibly predicting, but I just have the feeling it will be mindblowing.

Anyway... Over to you guys!

Enter The Grave. Infected Nations is great, but ETG just wins it over for me. But i still like the Hell Demo the most cos it got me into Evile.

But yeh the second album is always the hardest because you can get accused of doing the same thing or just ruined what you have done. So its strange. The 3rd album people usually know exactly where they are going. Its clear Evile are still finding a sound, yet still have one of their own. So im excited to see where they will go. Weeeeevile.

You're right it's too early

I can't choose as both are great in their own ways, ETG for being a crackin debut which showcases the abilities of Matt, Ol, Ben & Mike

IN for showing the maturity not only in song writting but depth and scope of their music, it takes a brave band to change direction right away from their debut album where they could have played it safe.

You are right in saying we need to wait for the 3rd one to be able to gauge which of the 3 albums is the strongest, for now, I would say IN but that's because there is more to discover each time this album is played.

I reserve the right not to vote as their is no choice at this moment in time, be interesting though to see what the others think

I voted for Enter the Grave. I feel the songs go on for too long on Infected Nations, but that's really just my dislike for Progressive music. I also find most songs on EtG memorable while most songs are boring and drawn out on IN. I feel like EtG is more aggressive and has more heart.

ETG is the record that got me into Evile, the songs are just mean and make my brain bleed from banging. The songs on IN drift aliitle sometimes, taking the songs in all kinds of routes. There is music you can listen to like a movie experience like Dream theater and Opeth. Then there is music that makes you move, fuels adrenaline, makes you headbang and it's thrash and this is why I voted ETG.

Thats like asking first born or second born child? :lol:
I think I'm gonna have to go with........... INFECTED NATIONS. :kickass:

Infected Nations - it's superior to Enter the Grave in everyway. performance, production, songwriting, tone... you name it. Not to mention the fact that as good as ETG is, it's pretty bog-standard.

Enter the Grave < Infected Nation
Thrasher > Now Demolition
First Blood < Nosophoros
Man Against Machine < Genocide
Burned Alive < Plauge to End All Plagues
Killer From The Deep > Devoid of Thought
We Who Are About To Die > Time No More
Schizophrenia < Metamorphosis
Bathe In Blood < Hundred Wrathful Deities
Armoured Assualt < My Parasite

I made a chart out of boredom! :D
7-3 in favor of Infected Nations.

(it was a VERY tought choice between Bathe in Blood and Deities.... it hurt to choose :lol: )

Enter the Grave > Infected Nation
Thrasher > Now Demolition
First Blood < Nosophoros
Man Against Machine > Genocide
Burned Alive > Plauge to End All Plagues
Killer From The Deep > Devoid of Thought
We Who Are About To Die > Time No More
Schizophrenia < Metamorphosis
Bathe In Blood > Hundred Wrathful Deities
Armoured Assualt > My Parasite

It's 8-2 in favour of Enter The Grave for me :lol:

I see it the same way I see Ride the Lightning and Kill 'em All (sorry for making a metallica comparison but it's a good one for me).

I like Kill 'em All more but I know for a fact that Ride the Lightning is a superior album.

Dave speaks the truth. Infected Nations is far superior; it's a huge leap forward. Enter the Grave is a good debut, but Nations destroys it.

I enjoy both albms but IN is better. end of.

I hear some people say 'But ETG sounds thrashier' which will ALWAYS result in me sayng 'So basically you prefer great but rehashed generic music that does nothing new as opposed to records that could almost be classed as avant-garde? You're a fucking idiot'.