Non-Weebo Chill Bros Anime Thread

eochaid

Judge Dredd of In Flames
Aug 14, 2014
Spain
So, since there has little to.do with the main topic, that is, how bad battles is as an album :p I think that maybe it's better to have a thread just for anime talk, so that we don't disturb our fellow comrades.

But I want to disturb only4theweak...

Anyhow, I want to continue reading Fairy Tail (I'm after the S-class tourney arc, the guild vs. guild fights), but I also have to learn for my upcoming exam in January. Meanwhile I'm posting on this useless board.

Reactions: Midas
I left it a long time ago. The same as one piece. I need some rest between arcs when reading an action series.

Don't know. I've read all bleach and naruto. And dragon ball many times.

The last that I remember is that they were entering an island, don't remember if it was for training or for what.

These days I'm reading some series like
One punch man
Prison school
Kingdom
Vinland saga

And a few more whose titles I cannot reproduce now :rofl:

One piece I left before the saga of the siren's island. It was starting to become very repetitive.

Naruto, Bleach, One Piece... never watched them. Bleach looks fucking ugly, Naruto was too popular, and One Piece.... I don't know, that dude looks ridiculous in that hat.

Dragon Ball is cool, abandoned Super though. Not as cool as Z.

A good idea, some bros can't handle anime talk it seems. And then Krofius got obsessed with loli and disappeared... hopefully his google search didn't get him in too much trouble.

I recently picked up Odin Sphere Leifthrasir from the PS Store for £19.99, I like that it gives you the option to have Japanese voices with English subs. I find that almost every anime/game with English voice overs just sound terrible.

Exceptions are Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing and Cowboy Bebop. English VAs did an excellent job on those.

Reactions: Midas and eochaid
Naruto has a good story and development. Many emotive moments. Bleach has a very good design and the story used to be very good until it became repetitive and boring. One piece was cool and crazy, but now is boring and way too long for what it has to tell.

Dragon ball was good until the end of the namec saga. Toriyama should have ended it there.

But really, when talking about design, among the most popular shonen, bleach is.my favourite

A good idea, some bros can't handle anime talk it seems. And then Krofius got obsessed with loli and disappeared... hopefully his google search didn't get him in too much trouble.

I recently picked up Odin Sphere Leifthrasir from the PS Store for £19.99, I like that it gives you the option to have Japanese voices with English subs. I find that almost every anime/game with English voice overs just sound terrible.

Exceptions are Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing and Cowboy Bebop. English VAs did an excellent job on those.
You should hear anime voices in Spain, they make you.want to puke. But yes, I prefer anime and videogames in their original language, except for dragon ball, for real son goku's voice is still that of a female, even though he must be 50 years old?

An exception.was Catherine. I liked a lot the English dub.

You should hear anime voices in Spain, they make you.want to puke. But yes, I prefer anime and videogames in their original language, except for dragon ball, for real son goku's voice is still that of a female, even though he must be 50 years old?

An exception.was Catherine. I liked a lot the English dub.

Unfortunately, Goku's voice is pretty much the only one the English dub got right. Practically every other character sounds like shit (from Funimation Season 3 onwards, before that Brian Drummond did well with Vegeta, and Scott McNeil was a fantastic Piccolo).

Cowboy Bebop is probably the best dub I've ever heard. They got it spot on.

Dragon ball was good until the end of the namec saga. Toriyama should have ended it there.

From recollection, Toriyama did want to end it numerous times, but because it was so popular he felt he had no choice but to keep going. I stopped watching after the Cell saga. I watched some of DBGT but it kinda sucked, and the new DBZ movies have basically retconned GT anyway.

The manga ended with the Cell saga as far as I know, and it was fucking badass. I mean, come on, that episode when Gohan went SSJ2... holy fucking shit, one of my favorites among the first SSJ transformation and Vegita going ape-fucking-shit when Future Trunks died. The Buu-saga was mainly fan-service, but a quality one at that. SSJ3, Vegito, that friendship scene with Goku and Vegita, Vegita knocking out his son and Goten before he sacrificed himself... aaah, what a great arc too!

Now GT on the other hand... lol, could watch like 10 episodes before I called quits.

Oh, and for the Cell saga... you would erase THIS????!!! (hate english dub, but Vegita's theme is epic)

The anime ends with the bu saga, that is even worst than the cell saga. Son goku resurrects once again and everything is shit.

Last edited:
Cell Saga was definitely the right time to end it. The series totally lost my interest after that.

You should hear naruto in Spanish. It was so bad that the company asked the fans for forgiveness.

Hah :D brutal. Have you heard the DBZ Big Green Dub? That's hilarious.

:rofl:

Don't know why, they decided that naruto should talk as if he was a retarded.

Dragon ball was well dubbed in my mother language, Galician:

But what was really successful was the opening in Galician

Well, I don't understand what's being said but your version of the DBZ dub sounds OK. Freeza's voice in the Funimation dub is the worst. I couldn't believe how badass the Japanese Freeza sounded when I first heard him. To quote AVGN: "What were they thinking?"

Naruto dub sounds terrible. Lol. People got paid to create that... sad times.

I forgot how badly the second season of School Rumble ended. Loads of shitty filler episodes because they ran out of manga material to use, and no ending whatsoever. I watched the OVAs and they don't really solve anything. A really poor end to an otherwise hilarious series. Apparently the manga was just as bad.

Reactions: eochaid