Non-Weebo Chill Bros Anime Thread

I'm so old that the first animes that I remember seeing on tv were Mazinger Z and Gatchaman.

Edit: to be fair, the very last episode was pretty fucking good and sad at the same time.

It would have actually been awesome if the series ended after the first season, with Light as victor.

If the both of you saw the special episode, when they remake the last episode to end the series just like in the manga, it was...:headbang:

I liked N, as I liked L and Kira. But, as the plot was progressing Kira was becoming more and more uncool so he just deserved to die.

Just remembered another serie that I need to watch the second season. Jungle Wa Itsumo.

I never watched the special ending, but I do remember that I checked the last chapter of the manga. Misa was dressed dark and leading a cult or something like that, I can't remember anymore. Someone wore black, that's all I know for 20% certainty.

I never watched the special ending, but I do remember that I checked the last chapter of the manga. Misa was dressed dark and leading a cult or something like that, I can't remember anymore. Someone wore black, that's all I know for 20% certainty.
:tickled:
That's the world of the death.

You can read it here

http://www.gomymanga.com/manga/Death_Note/108/1

And yes, that's what they added in that special chapter.

Wait, so what did I just read?

- Watari died in the anime
- Kira had a cult and Misa seems to be the leader of it. But what does it change exactly?

I read somewhere that after Light's death, Misa committed suicide on Valentine's Day a year later.

Aaand a blast from the past; I don't like many AMVs, but this one is one my favorites! Too bad no 720p option, I remember having it on my computer back then and it looked beautiful.

Too bad most AMV's are more busy syncing the lyrics with the way people talk, than actually making a decent AMV. No, it's not impressive when you fucking waste time making it look like that the characters are singing the lyrics, zzzZzzzz.

Reactions: eochaid
Wait, so what did I just read?

- Watari died in the anime
- Kira had a cult and Misa seems to be the leader of it. But what does it change exactly?

I read somewhere that after Light's death, Misa committed suicide on Valentine's Day a year later.
DOn't know. Kira is the leader of a cult in the afterlife. So maybe, he wins.

Aaand a blast from the past; I don't like many AMVs, but this one is one my favorites! Too bad no 720p option, I remember having it on my computer back then and it looked beautiful.

Too bad most AMV's are more busy syncing the lyrics with the way people talk, than actually making a decent AMV. No, it's not impressive when you fucking waste time making it look like that the characters are singing the lyrics, zzzZzzzz.

Good AMV. This is mine:

On ething that I like is that the lyrics fit well the images.

To be fair, that fucking song is cheating. :D Still have eternal chills after hearing it right after finishing Dragon Age: Origins. Just laying back in my seat and embracing the ~70 hours of what happened.

To be fair, that fucking song is cheating. :D Still have eternal chills after hearing it right after finishing Dragon Age: Origins. Just laying back in my seat and embracing the ~70 hours of what happened.
:tickled: i understand what you mean.

So, guys, I started Clannad. I'm currently on episode 11. First impressions:

- I really hate that kind of design. Never liked it and will never like it. Specially the eyes.
- The voices of the girls, as always on this kind of stories, suck.
- I still don't understand how comes the main character is a delincuent. If it is about skipping classes then I should be the number one in the interpol list.
- I like the story, it is a harem that is not a harem (until now, at least), the main character and the male characters are very, very funny. I laughed a lot in almost every episode.

So far, despite the designs and the voices of the girls, the show is very good. I hope it gets better.

I know what you mean about the eyes, they are huge. That kinda put me off at first too. Apparently that's just how Key animate. Eventually I forgot about it, but it took a little while to adjust.

I assume you're watching sub? I don't think the girls voices are any worse than most other anime shows in this genre tbh, but they do sound ridiculous sometimes. Not sure why they can't just have normal voices like Kurisu in Steins;Gate.

The story verges on harem during Clannad but never actually goes there. The second season, After Story, has absolutely no harem elements as far as I remember, and is definitely superior to the first season. Animation and voices are the same though :D

No, the voices aren't worse, is just that I don't like that kind of extremely innocent voices. But there are a couple of strong female characters and I'm OK
with that.

I like that the main character is not the usual good boy of these stories. He has a lot of sense of humour and likes to make pranks on the female characters. Without this it would be, so far, the typical good boy surrounded by innocent girls story.

Now I'm with the smart girl arc. I'm laughing a lot.

Yeah, Tomoya is actually a great male lead character. The relationship with his dad is expanded more in After Story, but it provides a really strong back drop to explain why he is the way he is.

So any of you guys watched Attack on Titan? My first and only anime, it have pretty good plot so I decided to watch it long time ago. It was awesome. I wonder when they gonna release new episodes, its been forever.

So any of you guys watched Attack on Titan? My first and only anime, it have pretty good plot so I decided to watch it long time ago. It was awesome. I wonder when they gonna release new episodes, its been forever.
I don't know if there is something planned for this. If you likes it then watch kabaneri of the iron fortress. Same team, similar story, pretty good animation.

Last edited:
Just finished first season. Best characters so far: akio, tomoya and sunonahara. Worst character, nagisa. I can't stand that girl.

Nagisa improves a little bit in After Story. If you enjoyed the first season then the second season should be even better.

Sometimes, while watching shows like this, I wonder if it's natural for Japanese parents to leave their sons alone at home for long periods of time of during illness.

Sometimes, while watching shows like this, I wonder if it's natural for Japanese parents to leave their sons alone at home for long periods of time of during illness.

I think it's more of an anime thing, parents are conspicuously absent in 99% of them :D