Non-Weebo Chill Bros Anime Thread

Well thats good news. I wonder why it took so long for them to release season 2.
Maybe the money. Productions like this tend to be very expensive, involve a lot of different compañías and they do not aleays get their money back.

I watched 'Guilty Crown' over the last few days. It held my interest and had some really nice visuals, but the plot was a little stretched and kind of confusing. A lot of the characters weren't given enough depth, either. Also a lot of typical animé cliches which was disappointing as a lot of the time they weren't necessary. The beach episode, the school fair w/maid cafe, the animators proving that they can draw big boobs and realistic asses, etc.

Anyway, I'd give it a solid B. Enjoyed watching, but could have been better.

I watched 'Guilty Crown' over the last few days. It held my interest and had some really nice visuals, but the plot was a little stretched and kind of confusing. A lot of the characters weren't given enough depth, either. Also a lot of typical animé cliches which was disappointing as a lot of the time they weren't necessary. The beach episode, the school fair w/maid cafe, the animators proving that they can draw big boobs and realistic asses, etc.

Anyway, I'd give it a solid B. Enjoyed watching, but could have been better.
So you think it is worth watching or it isn't? How is the character design?

So you think it is worth watching or it isn't? How is the character design?

The visuals are nice enough to make it worth a watch. The story is pretty cliché, but if you don't mind the typical anime tropes you'll probably enjoy it. It's nothing spectacular and the plot is at times a bit ridiculous, but at the same time quite entertaining.

I just finished watching both seasons of Code Geass. Very good, highly recommended. One of those shows that you just can't stop watching. Glad to see that they're doing a third series next year, even though it officially finished something like eight years ago. I will be looking forward to that.

Reactions: eochaid
I've started watching Konosuba. Stupid, but I like it. Also, good memories from my MMORPG past. :D

Also, not exactly anime, but did any of you saw the game (visual novel) Doki Doki Literature Club? I don't want to spoil anything, it's a psycho-horror game. I've watched someone play it on twitch and holy shit, my mind was blown :D

Fuck, I forgot about Guilty Crown. I've almost had no tiem to watch anime or anything in the past few months. I watched Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul. It was a good show but they screwed it up in the last chapters.
I've started watching Konosuba. Stupid, but I like it. Also, good memories from my MMORPG past.
No idea about his one. Plot?

Also, not exactly anime, but did any of you saw the game (visual novel) Doki Doki Literature Club? I don't want to spoil anything, it's a psycho-horror game. I've watched someone play it on twitch and holy shit, my mind was blown
Do they exist? I only play eroges. Such an otaku I am. Is it any good? Again. Plot.

The last anime seasons have been... almost everything was crap. But this new one. There's nothing that I want to see.

Ah, and I watched the monogatari movies. They were sooooo good.

Now I've gotta see Kimi no Na Wa (your name).

Fuck, I forgot about Guilty Crown. I've almost had no tiem to watch anime or anything in the past few months. I watched Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul. It was a good show but they screwed it up in the last chapters.

No idea about his one. Plot?

Do they exist? I only play eroges. Such an otaku I am. Is it any good? Again. Plot.

The last anime seasons have been... almost everything was crap. But this new one. There's nothing that I want to see.
Jesus fuck I have no idea what you just said in your last message so I just reply to this lol.

Konosuba is about... an otaku. Our protagonist is a young, virging boy who only leaves his house (aside fro mgoing to school) to get one of the first copies of a new computer game. He can't even stand sunshine. On his way back from the game shop, he sees a girl from his high-school and she is about to be hit by a big ass truck. He hesitates a bit, but in the end he drops everything and pushes her out of the way, but killing himself in the process. Such a hero, right? Wrong. In the afterlife, Aqua, a (not the, just a) goddess tells him that it was just a tractor not a truck, and it would not have hit her anyway. It did not even hit him. He just got into a shock by the thought of being hit by a truck that he actually died. Eventually he is sent to another "world", a gaming world, an RPG. You know what WoW, Skyrim/Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, etc right, yes? Well, he gets sent to a world like that. There are guild, monsters, level ups, classes, quests, everything. By the end of episode 3 (that's where I stoppd now), the party of 4 assembled:
- The boy (everyone else is a girl in his party) - He played video games in his entire life, so he is very familiar with the concept, however, he has to start from the bottom. The 3 girls are already advanced classes, while he is a novice. He is the only reasonable member in the party and has quite a hard time (wink-wink) among all these girls.
- A high priest, who is fucking useless. She thinks she is the best and she wants everyone to adore her, but she keeps picking the most useless skills.
- A high wizard who is actually very strong. But she only learned skills from one magic school, because she has an unhealthy obsession with explosion magic. She is a parody of characters from other animes (and players in MMORPGs) who thinks they are dark and mysterious.
- A crusader who can't hit anything. And I mean : anything. That sword is basically just a decoration. On the plus side she is sturdy and she can tank. Tanking means enduring the enemies attacks while the others kill them. The problem is that she enjoys it, because she is masochistic, and her dream is to be captured and tortured.

It's hard to say much about Doki Doki without spoiling anything, because part of it's shock is the surprise. The plot is that we are in high-school and we get invited in the literature club by our childhood friend, Sayori. There are 3 other girl members: Natsuki,Yuri and Monika, the latter being the president. You share poems and rate it. You "write" poems by picking from a series of words, and each word is assigned to a club member. Like, if you keep picking dark words, it would resonate well with the girl who likes depressed stuff. And it will be apparent quite soon that something is wrong. The very first main story is that Sayori confesses her love for you and she also reveals that she is suffering from depression for a long time now and that's why she rather stays home, because she doesn't want to be a burden.
Aside from this, you can start noticing glitches in the game. For example, you keep talking with someone, then suddenly a super fast text with big ass black color appears on your screen and you have no time to read it, it already skips back to the normal conversation. It is either erased from conversation history or it is forged into something else.

It is a free game, and if you are familiar with visual novels then I think you should definitely give it a try until Act 2. By then you will know if it peaked your interest or not. If you don't want to play it but interested in the story and horror stuff, then watch a playthrough. If you don't have a favorite streamer/youtuber, I can pick you one. In any case, I'm going to spoil the story until mid-Act 2, if you are not convinced, but you don't have to read it. Honestly, after typing that one out, I am grateful I watched it live on stream. It wasn't that scary then, rather fucked up, but even reading my shit after the spoiler, I got second thoughts and I'm sure I could not play the game through, I'm too much of a pussy. Also, the game has good replay potential; if you are long into the story, you will understand what I mean.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Act 1 begins with you meeting with Sayori and walking to shcool together, like many times before. After the literature club session, she confesses. You can either tell her that you love her too or that you love her as a friend. Either way, you will tell her to chin up, and that you will be there for her in these hard times, she can count on you. She is extremely grateful. The next day she is late from school. You keep sharing poems with the others, but Sayori is still not arrived. You read her poem from yesterday. It is basically a million "Get Out Of My Head Get Out Of My Head" lines. Seriously, she wrote it down like 100 times plus something at the end. You get worried so you leave school and visit her at home to wake her up. You open her bedroom door and there she is. Hanging by the rope. Dead. The game starts glitching, the music too. Everything turns to static thn the game restarts, but it's still glitchy. The opening screen has Monika, Natsuki and Yuri, but Sayori is not there. Instead, Sayori is a combination of the 3 other girls' parts. The "New Game" option is replaced with gibberish characters. You can either click on that and start a new game, or try to load a save file, but then the game says the file is corrupted and it automatically starts a new game. It starts out the exact same way as the first time, but Sayori's name is Gibberish. Like "I walk down the road and I see [Đ$ß˙`^ˇ˘ˇ~˘there. I know her sinche childhood." When "Sayori" talks to you, it's all gibberish. The game crashes again and starts a new game. This time, she is erased. You don't meet with her, you don't even mention her. You get recruited in the literature club by Monika, who was your classmate for 1 year. You start sharing your poems again, but you don't remember that his already happened once. And strange fucking things starts to happen again. The black texts become more regular and sometimes you can read part of them if you are quick. They are quite insane. You can see words like "kill" "fucking" "bitch", etc, though you don't have enough time to read it all. Sometimes the music gets sped up or changs, or is gone entirely. Sometimes random shit appears in your screen and disappeares. Everything becomes more tense, some of the girls seems to like you romantically and it seems to be a reason of jealousy, while their poems become more and more... umm, let's say interesting. Also, you can randomly trigger things. This includes some jumpscares, but there is one instance where after you finished writing your poem, if you pay close attention, there is an extra poster at the back of the classrom. If you look closely it is a drawing about Sayori hanging on the rope in her room.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry too much about Guilty Crown. It's ok but there are much better series out there.

New season sucks. Nothing interesting.

Just seen the boy and the beast. Loved it.

Currently watching your name. I'm confused about the pace of the movie. I've just seen the first third and it looks as if the main plot has yet happened.

Didn't want to put this on the main IF thread as last time it caused all kinds of problems :D but everyone should watch Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0. Two of the best anime series of all time imo. If it was non-anime and some kind of live action shit people would be losing their minds over how awesome the plot is.

I started steins gate and did not like what I saw. Maybe a second chance.

I've seen b: the beginning and children of the whales. Totally recommended.

It's a bit of a slow burn, first few episodes especially. It gets much better. Depends of you like sci-fi/time travel stuff though, if you don't then it might not be for you.

I think it was more about the animation and designs.

The girl who leapt through time is one of my favourites.

I was told many times now HxH is a must watch, and I'm an inferior human being as long as I fail to do so. Is that so or is it overrated?

Heard the same thing about AoT, aaand.... well, it most certainly wasn't bad, and at times it was even really-really good. But I thought it had a decent ending, or at lest a decent cliffhanger, but no. It was a let down, when I realized that this story is like The Walking Dead, essentially not going anywhere, not to ruin the main problem of the show, aka zombies/titans. Never touched S2.

I was told many times now HxH is a must watch, and I'm an inferior human being as long as I fail to do so. Is that so or is it overrated?
If you mean hunter x hunter then I stopped reading the manga. Why? If the characters have to explain what they're doing during a battle then there's definitely a problem with the drawnings.

I think it was more about the animation and designs.

The girl who leapt through time is one of my favourites.

Can't say I've had an issue with the animation side of things. I've seen far worse. In this one the characters look pretty normal, rather than having eyes that fill half their face :D as with any anime you normally get used to the designs if you watch enough episodes. Steins;Gate has some pretty awesome music as well.

Dem openings doe :cool: