Reorute To Remain... Nu-metal?? yes or no??

IS "REOUTE TO REMAIN" NU-METAL???

• YES... ITS NU-METAL

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • NO... ITS NOT NU-METAL

Votes: 62 84.9%

• Total voters
Steve420 said:
Well, I guess the secret got out...

This winter, In Flames are going on a world tour to spread their new style, they'll be playing guitars tuned so low that the strings sag an inch below where they should be, and Bjorn will stop plaing guitar and scratch on turntables the whole show. Anders is going to bleach his hair, cut it short, and wear black plastic glasses that are half an inch thick, and his new companion will be a chinese rapper. Their clothes will all be size XXXXXXXL and will have graffiti like writing in plastic on them. Their new jewelery will be chains that they have to put back on their snow tires after every show, and they may add on huge emblems that nobody can read and choke them if they lean back. Their videos will now be shot from behind them with all the lights in front of them so nobody can see them. despite all of the cosmetic changes, they will all wear burlap sacks covered in shit on their heads, and there will be ana dditional three drummers to accompany Daniel, although they will just beat the shit out of each other on stage and never play drums, just sit behind their drum kits during the sound check. Of course, to gain street cred, the new drummers will be black. After all this, Anders will be shot in the face 7 times to give him a better gimmick than a certain rapper. Admission to shows will have to jump to accomodate the tape they put on their faces. Guests will include Korn, Limp Bizkit, and Slipknot each recording four songs for them, and one compilation with The Infamous F.A.T. and 6-Pak Shaker. Their four tour busses will be stretched Escalades with ridiculously large rims and TV's and video game systems anywhere they could possibly fit. This will accomodate their new "posse", which of course, will include Dave Chappelle.

Steve

Fucking funny!!!!:tickled::tickled:

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
Ok.. Is REOUTE TO REMAIN NU-Metal,... YES OR NO???..

I say NO.

What do you say??...

I would say that "it's not."
I would say that it's more contemporary, than stuff that the fans were used to. And it's safe to say that it turned off the "gloom n' doom" crowd. So what? They needed something to bitch about anyway...

Its very simple.

Old In Flames (Clayman included) = Ruled!!

New In Flames (reroute...Trigger e.p.) = lame mainstream.

Every In Flames fan (old or new...hopefully) Knows that these guys are probably some of the best musicians out there, and are obviously capable of putting out great compositions, but you cannot convince me that "Reroute..." is equal to any of the previous releases. It doesn't even come close.

I am not saying that every release has to sound the same or anything like that, and I agree that doing different things is cool, but this new album is too much.

I think that RTR isn't nu metal, but it's still the worst IF album :erk: . I really hope that they'll return to their usual style.

I'd really say no. The vocals are still mostly growling despite of some clean parts and it sounds really death metal to me.

It is almost the weakest album In Flames has ever done (well, the weakest if you don't include Tokyo Showdown) , but that doesn't mean that it doesn't have any good sections in it! And sometimes Anders' clean vocals sound pretty good... As long as he doesn't forget to growl, everything is fine to me...