so, the Gremlin...what do you think

Sorry I'm old school and square. I record the CDs on my 90 min chromium oxide cassettes and use them in the car, the walkman, etc.

CDs was a concesion I made to technology when vinyl become unavailable (and afterwards became difficult to go back), so I guess that when tapes become unavaulable I may switch to a MP3 player :D

kittybeast said:
looking into the whole mp3, Ipod player things and came across this. 8GB and it's wireless. I'm just beginning to look and this looks appealing.
http://www.musicgremlin.com/Device/deviceEnd.aspx

I don't much about the Gremlin, but it looks like its big draw is downloading on the go. If you're like most of us, with huge catalogs of CDs or MP3s, you probably want to focus more on getting the best playing MP3 player rather than one that downloads. That still could be this one, but check reviews from that angle, rather than the "downloading" gadget angle.

If you're technologically up to date like Wyvern, you could probably save money and pick up two tin cans with a string between them, and listen to your music through that. :heh:

Steve in Philly

DarkOne said:
If you're technologically up to date like Wyvern, you could probably save money and pick up two tin cans with a string between them, and listen to your music through that. :heh:

Steve in Philly

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's the thing, I'm not a tech type person. I was trying to read more info on the downloading as if I read correctly you can dl from your computer. I'll read up on it, I like the 8GB and the pricing so far. But looking for more info.

kittybeast said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's the thing, I'm not a tech type person. I was trying to read more info on the downloading as if I read correctly you can dl from your computer. I'll read up on it, I like the 8GB and the pricing so far. But looking for more info.

Hmmm. Do you have any MP3s yet, or are you just venturing down that path of no return?

Steve in Philly

rokk said:
Looks to me like a limited selection of music and I saw NO METAL!!! Stay away! Stay away! :)

actually if you search by name a lot more pulls up than what you see in the "rock" or "classic rock' selections. I'm not one to make a rash decision (unless it involves the Scorps or Maiden hehehehe) so I'll be researching for a while.

Thanks ya'll for your input. It's new to the market and is expected to make quite an impact in the market.

DarkOne said:
Hmmm. Do you have any MP3s yet, or are you just venturing down that path of no return?

Steve in Philly

I have a couple handfuls but not any that I couldn't live without. :)

The path of no return?!?!? what... once you go Mp3 you never go back :lol:

Death Animal said:
What. Does somebody still use casettes.

All 90 minutes, been recording them since 1984 or so. Used to buy TDK but they came off the market so I switch to Maxell, not bad, not bad at all.

Always high position chromium oxide, I don't like normal the sound is no good.

DarkOne said:
I

Steve in Philly

I tried but is not stereo :err:

poundingmetal74 said:
They already were FIFTEEN YEARS AGO. Although I still listen to cassettes quite a bit (I only have cassette in the car)

Not here. I still buy my beautiful Maxell Type II C-90 :D

looks like the Nano is a bit better comparing to this... 80GB and plays movies, stores pics, etc. don't bash on an old lady too bad, I am trying to keep up with the times:lol:

Video iPod is great, and with new software update they have "no gap" playing etc., plus it's easier to download artwork and stuff now. I couldn't be happier with mine.

I already did my research on mp3 players in the spring. I found what I wanted and am very happy with the iAudio G3. It's ugly as sin and the headphone jack is very sensitive, but the sound is AWESOME! They use the BBE technology sound enhancement. I've never heard music sound better if you like full, rich sound. And I do!

Of course, there's nothing fancy about it like wireless downloads or video, but I didn't care about that. I just transfer mp3s from my computer to my iAudio player and I'm good to go.