Tim's Picks

NekrogoblinTim

Your skin is mine.
Von Doom's got his thread going, so I'm gonna shamelessly copy him and do this too. I'll try not to mention big name bands, but if you're really new to this whole metal thing, go here.

Animosity - I'd call this band confusing-core, because their rhythm patterns are completely incomprehensible. Brutal as fuck, and their drummer is one of the most creative you will ever hear.

I Am Ghost - Epic goth-core at its finest. Flowery choral passages, violins, and tons of vocal harmonies. Not to mention a good heaping of metal and some prog elements.

Embrace The End - A little known metal-core band who are brutal as fuck and have some of the most confusing breakdowns you will ever hear. Also, two vocalists that sound exactly the same.

Spawn Of Possession - Swedish tech-death masters with completely off the fucking wall melodies. Cabinet is pretty good, Noctambulant owns.

Estradasphere - Instrumental jazz/metal/hungarian folk mix. Really fucking weird. Best albums = It's Understood and Palace Of Mirrors. All the songs on both of those own.

Ghoul - Imagine Nekrogoblikon, but with more thrash, and replace goblins with ghouls and folk elements with surf-rock elements. Also take the production down two notches. My favorite song is "As Your Casket Closes".

August Burns Red - My favorite metal-core band right now. Very catchy and super tight. Their drummer is phenomenal.

Between The Buried And Me - Their new album 'Colors' is the metal equivalent of Dark Side of the Moon. One of the top releases of the year. Check it out.

Enjoy.
-Timbus