08-09 NFL Thread

what a fucken week

how bout them cowboys

They are a JOKE!!!! And it has nothing to do with Romo being there or not..
Nobody wants to be man enough to admit that the team has cancer. And as long as T.O. is on the team good things will remain FAR AWAY!! J.J. is one of the most meddlesome owners in the league and should hire a legitimate G.M. and just collect his checks. The team has too much talent to never be able to win the big game.

And even though all the blame will go on Johnson their defense DID NOT show up and should be embarassed:cry:

Another banner week......

Chargers LOSE...
Cowboys LOSE
Saints LOSE
What about Jeff Garcia......
Philly should have kept him, fuck Mcnabb
and yes i guess the Raider finally won in OT and they almost blew it.Calling a time out with no time remaining while the Jets MISSED the field goal. Of course everyone remembers last week when the Cardinals and Dallas did the same thing..... Jets make the kick and its overtime..... I might be mistaken but you can't give Brett Farve the ball that many times without him scoring... Kudos to the Raiders DEFENSE.......

What happened to the Broncos? Cutler out..... Bailey??? What a beating they took....
nfl_a_welker_412.jpg

And Nolan fired..... Kiffen is free.......

Seven games into the NFL season, the San Francisco 49ers fired head coach Mike Nolan on Monday.

Assistant head coach Mike Singletary will be the interim head coach, general manager Scot McCloughan said. ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported the two sides are working on a suitable contract for a head coaching position.

"The decision was difficult, because Mike has been both a friend and a valued coach of our team," said McCloughan, who was hired by Nolan but gained authority over the coach last year. "My first obligation is to do what is in the best interest of our fans and the entire 49ers organization."

They are a JOKE!!!! And it has nothing to do with Romo being there or not..
Nobody wants to be man enough to admit that the team has cancer. And as long as T.O. is on the team good things will remain FAR AWAY!! J.J. is one of the most meddlesome owners in the league and should hire a legitimate G.M. and just collect his checks. The team has too much talent to never be able to win the big game.

And even though all the blame will go on Johnson their defense DID NOT show up and should be embarassed:cry:

Johnson stunk. And you are right JJ should get a "quality" GM. I agree. For years the Cowboys "D" has been suspect on 3rd and long, but MAN they STUNK awful this past week. No heart, no desire, poor execution. Did I mention penalties, lack of coaching (D, O & ST)????

I don't know what to make of this team. The season's a long way from over, but in the NFC East, they are going to have a helluva a hard time getting in the playoffs. Oh well, I try to take things like this with a huge grain of salt. After all football is billionaires (owners) paying millionaire (playes) to entertain "thousandaires" (the fans).

Have a Blatz fuckers, relax.:kickass:

I wouldn't read too much into that loss.... You could tell that they expected to walk into St. Louis and breeze thru a game with a dead team, they were looking right past the Rams (Something that NEVER would've happened under Parcells, who left because he didn't want the T.O. headache.. See how that works?)

They have talent on both sides of the ball... You already know my feelings on Romo but having Witten, Roy Williams, Crayton and T.O. I'm pretty sure I could throw TD's with talent like that downfield.

Your Cowboys are getting real close to getting a Raider like reputation in the league (No offense Thraxx) where the owner is fucking up anything good that the team can do... Jimmy Johnson wanted JJ to keep his ass in the box, he doesn't Johnson quits... And we all know the Parcells story.

Johnson stunk. And you are right JJ should get a "quality" GM. I agree. For years the Cowboys "D" has been suspect on 3rd and long, but MAN they STUNK awful this past week. No heart, no desire, poor execution. Did I mention penalties, lack of coaching (D, O & ST)????

I don't know what to make of this team. The season's a long way from over, but in the NFC East, they are going to have a helluva a hard time getting in the playoffs. Oh well, I try to take things like this with a huge grain of salt. After all football is billionaires (owners) paying millionaire (playes) to entertain "thousandaires" (the fans).

Have a Blatz fuckers, relax.:kickass:

Hey Thraxx...what did you think of the game Sunday ;).

Really......Really....... I think that the play calling for the Raiders sucked, THe Ravens stopped the run..... so through the ball...... 4 sacks..... your defense ruled. I thought we had a chance after beating the Jets last week but AGAIN I WAS WRONG.......

DA RAVENS!!!!

Yeeehah!!! Not a great game, but was I ever relieved for them to squeeze out a win. It's painful watching Brad Johnson play though. The guy has the mobility of an oak tree. I will be glad to see Romo back in a few weeks.

It was nice to see there decimated "D" make some hits, stop the run, and hold 'em off.

I am not expecting them to win against the G-Men this weekend, but I hope they play with some passion and fire going into the bye-week. Dallas has so many expectations this year, just don't know if they can live up to them.

Blatz for you all!:kickass:

Yeah, I noticed that your little troll has all but disappeared.. Oh well, guess he'll be back after their next win..

On a much better note... Flavio!! Good to see you bro!! How the hell you been??

Hey T-man, are you pretty pumped that NE is 5-2? I am mildly surprised. I think they will make the playoffs and shock some people when they get there. Billichick (sp?) is a great coach, no matter what has gone down in the past. I have a ton of respect for him. Should be an interseting second half of the season.

Go Cowboys!!!!:kickass:

FINALLY I GET BACK ON!!!!!!!!!!

So...Football....wTF!!!!!

my team has sucked their way into first place on the AFC west

SD is dead i think
raiders....
KC cant believe we lost to them.

the pats game was embarrassing.

Next Stop Miami

Hey T-man, are you pretty pumped that NE is 5-2? I am mildly surprised. I think they will make the playoffs and shock some people when they get there. Billichick (sp?) is a great coach, no matter what has gone down in the past. I have a ton of respect for him. Should be an interseting second half of the season.

Go Cowboys!!!!:kickass:

To be honest with you my expectations dropped the minute Brady hobbled off the field minutes into week 1.. I think what's going to happen is people are going to start believing in Cassel and expecting things to be Brady like and then we'll probably drop a wild card game and be out of the playoffs.

Belichick is an excellent coach!! Probably the best in the league, but he let this defense get way too old and now will have to start rebuilding that side of the ball.

I fully expect to beat the Colts this Sunday but in truth that's not the achievement it used to be..

I'm a Pats fan to the very end!!!

Well this Sunday of football provided a few more anwsers after 9 weeks.

The Broncos are DEFINITELY frauds!!
The Raiders will be picking in the top 3 again this year
Seems like the Giants will be representing the NFC in the Super Bowl
The Cowboys will be lucky to secure a wildcard spot
Most improved team in the NFL -- Miami Dolphins
Most likely to lose in the 1st round of the AFC Playoffs -- N.E. Patriots
Rookie of the year -- Matt Ryan
AFC Team in the Super Bowl -- Tenn Titans (Their "D" is ferocious!!)
AFC Playoff upset possibility team -- Baltimore Ravens
NFC Playoff upset possibility team -- Washington Redskins

Anyone have anything to add??

EMBARRASSMENT
Oakland in free fall as Atlanta romps
David White, Chronicle Staff Writer

(11-02) 20:43 PST -- Just when it seemed the Raiders had discovered rock bottom, they broke out the shovels and dug themselves ever deeper into the earth's crust. The offense was toothless. The defense masqueraded as a swinging gate. The coaches managed not to drop their pants, but the Falcons got the drop on them all day long, just the same.

It's tempting to say it doesn't get any worse than Sunday's 24-0 loss to Atlanta at the Coliseum, but that would underestimate the potential of the next eight games.

"It was crazy," Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell said. "It was like everything possible that could go bad went bad."

So ends half No. 1 of another lost season, and all those who insist the Raiders are just two games out of the AFC West lead, call it a night.

The Raiders aren't as bad under interim coach Tom Cable as they were under Lane Kiffin, who went 5-15 before his Sept. 30 firing. They're worse, as evidenced by three blowout losses -in four games.

The offense is gaining fewer yards by the week. The defense is handing out more runner's yards by the mile. All this has Cable looking more interim by the minute as his temporary team slips out of his loose grip.

"I've never been in a situation where it's been this bad," said strong safety Gibril Wilson, who won a Super Bowl with the Giants last season. "We've just got to buckle up, man."

The offense had ... three ... first ... downs. That's history, in a franchise-low sort of way. The Raiders were out-first downed by the Falcons, 20-zip - in the first half.

Their inaugural first down came with 9:26 left in the third quarter. The crowd tried to contain its excitement.

"Quite simply, we just did not do anything in terms of what we were trying to do offensively," Cable said. "We never got going."

They gained 77 total yards, the second-fewest in Raiders lore - and the least since Al Davis first became head coach in 1963. It ranks 27th in fewest yards since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger.

Russell had more yards running than throwing, 46-31. And they remained stuck on one first-half touchdown, 48 possessions running.

"I don't know how it happens, but it happened," running back Justin Fargas said after rushing six times for 23 yards.

The saving grace of it all: At least the crowd only had to watch this lousy offense for 14 minutes, 45 seconds.

The Raiders three-and-outed their way through the first half, with the fans booing every failed third-down attempt. They got to halftime with minus-2 yards in total offense (minus-7 yards by air).

"We had the ball for 44 minutes, right?" Falcons receiver Michael Jenkins said (actually, it was 45:15). "In an NFL game, that's kind of unheard of."

Give the defense a hand for that prolonged exposure. It did virtually nothing to persuade the Falcons to leave the field.

Oakland's run defense has long missed tackles and assignments. This time, the Raiders outdid themselves.

Former Chargers backup Michael Turner had 31 carries for 139 yards. The Falcons hammered out 252 rushing yards in all.

That's the 16th-most rushing yards against a Raiders defense, and the fourth-most when Oakland was the home team, according to Stats, LLC. No word on whether Atlanta's plus-27 first down differential is a record, but it's got to be in the neighborhood.

Don't say that was all padded in the second half of a blowout - the Falcons ran for 135 yards on their merry way to a 24-0 halftime lead.

And don't even get started with Falcons rookie Matt Ryan, who threw two touchdown passes to Jenkins and completed 17 of 22 passes for 220 yards and a 138.4 passer's rating.

Just think, eight games to go.

"Everybody has to make plays and we're not making plays," Wilson said. "It's a total embarrassment to this whole Raider organization."

Play like champs in practice, chumps in game
So much for practice making perfect.

Interim head coach Tom Cable said the Raiders had their best week yet of practice and preparation. They apparently saved their worst for the game itself, losing 24-0 to the visiting Falcons on Sunday.

"During the week, we look like we're a Super Bowl team," strong safety Gibril Wilson said. "We come out there and we're damn near the laughingstock of the league, and it's ridiculous."

Everyone involved said the team seemed ready to play well. The practices were crisp, the game plan seemed solid, the players came to meetings on time.

Then the Raiders were shut out in the first half (24-0) for the first time since ... the previous Sunday, when they trailed the Ravens 19-0. Both times, they looked every bit the practice-squad part.

"We did have a good week of practice," cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha said. "Everybody was excited about the opportunities that Atlanta was showing us on film. So it did kind of come out of nowhere."

Net yards for the Raiders in the first half. Oakland produced 14 "positive" yards and lost 16 on three sacks.

First downs for the Raiders. They got their first of the game at 9:26 in the third quarter. They got none in the first half, so three in the second half is a considerable improvement.

Net passing yards for the Raiders. So much for the return of the downfield pass.

Total rushing yards for the Raiders. That's on 11 rushing attempts for an average of 6.1 yards a carry - but that's small consolation.

DA RAIDERS?????

The sad thing is the most convenient excuse for a loss like this is
"Well, the Raiders suck anyway" or they'll lay blame on the coach..

Truth be told, all this loss really did was make Lane Kiffin's case against Al Davis and the Raider organization all the more credible!!

There is no doubt that they were playing harder and looking better before Davis pulled his boneheaded shit!! It was completely obvious from what I watched that they got down to Atlanta and just decided to take the loss and doing so are being unfair to their fans and season ticket holders who deserve more..

I'm not a Raiders fan!! Not in the least, but when owners are retarded and teams decide to just mail in a game (At HOME no less) as football fans we all lose!!! I hope the league rules in favor of Kiffin and that something can be done about Al Davis repeatedly sabotaging his own team with stupidity.

I feel for you Thraxx man!!

Well this Sunday of football provided a few more anwsers after 9 weeks.

The Broncos are DEFINITELY frauds!!

so Sad so true

but same goes with

SAn Diego:Spam::Spam::Spam::Spam:

Cowboys:Spam::Spam::Spam::Spam::Spam:

Pats:Spam::Spam::Spam:

Oakland...wait knew that already

Raiders cut ties with Hall after 8 games...

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP)—The Oakland Raiders’ decision to waive DeAngelo Hall just eight games after signing him to a $70 million contract brought surprised reactions from his teammates who now wonder even more about the future of the franchise.

“I’ve never been in a situation where you cut one of the best players,” said safety Gibril Wilson, another of the team’s offseason acquisitions. “That’s strange to me. It’s almost like we’re throwing in the towel.”

The Raiders waived Hall on Wednesday, bringing a disappointing end to a short tenure in Oakland. The Raiders sent a second-round draft pick in 2008 and a fifth-rounder next season to Atlanta in March to acquire Hall, who immediately was given a seven-year contract.

Hall was supposed to form one of the top cornerback duos in the league with Nnamdi Asomugha, but struggled from the start of the season as he adjusted to the Raiders’ man-to-man defense.

Hall had shown signs of improvement in recent weeks, but was let go anyway following a 24-0 loss to the Falcons that dropped Oakland to 2-6 on the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I’m obviously disappointed,” Asomugha said. “I don’t agree with what happened. I don’t agree with what’s going on. But I am just a player so I can’t speak on it. I don’t make the decisions. All I can do is play but I don’t agree with what happened at all.”

The move to cut Hall follows other changes made by coach Tom Cable since taking over from Lane Kiffin on an interim basis after four games. Michael Huff, the No. 7 overall pick in 2006, lost his starting safety job and is now a third-stringer. Ronald Curry, the team’s leading receiver the past two years, has been relegated to special teams play.

Asomugha said the recent moves have led to some players being tentative on the field, afraid that they could be next to lose their starting job or spot on the team.

“There’s been some things that have been going on, some shakeups, that I haven’t agreed with,” Asomugha said. “Like I said, I’m not allowed to speak on it because we’re just supposed to shut up and play. But you ask me if I agree with it? I don’t agree with it.”

Just a week ago, interim coach Cable said that Hall was back to resembling the player he was in Atlanta, when he made it to two Pro Bowls. But in his last game, he was beaten for a 37-yard touchdown pass to Michael Jenkins on the opening drive of a 24-0 loss to his former Falcons team.

After a meeting with Cable, owner Al Davis and defensive coordinator Rob Ryan on Tuesday, the decision was made to get rid of Hall.

“When you look at the consistency and the play and those sorts of things, it was just the decision we felt was right for this football team,” Cable said. “We did not want to stay where we’re at. Felt like that was very important that we don’t do that, that we move forward and that was the decision that was made.”

Chris Johnson, who had mostly been the fourth cornerback this season, has moved ahead of Stanford Routt and will start on Sunday against Carolina. Routt will remain the nickel cornerback.

Cable said he hopes the move sends the message that no one’s job is safe, but he went out of his way to say that receiver Javon Walker won’t be the next high-priced acquisition to go. Walker, who signed a $55 million contract in the offseason, has only 13 catches at the midpoint of the season.

“Javon has really brought his game to a whole new level the last few weeks, whether it’s on the practice field or in the games,” Cable said. “Javon Walker is in no way not going to be a part of this football team. I don’t know about all the money stuff, or high priced, or this or that. I just know what I’m trying to do to make this team better.”

With most teams choosing to avoid throwing Asomugha on the other side of the field, Hall became a frequent target of opposing offenses, starting with a poor performance against Denver in the opening week.

In his eight games in Oakland, Hall was beaten 40 times for 552 yards on 66 passes thrown his way, according to data compiled by STATS LLC. He gave up more yards than any defender this season and was tied for third worst in catches allowed.

“When you’re losing there’s a lot of finger pointing,” Asomugha said. “I don’t think he’s the one scapegoat. There’s fingers pointed everywhere. I don’t think it’s just him. He was kind of singled out in regards of let’s cut someone.”

Hall said earlier this season it took him time to get used to Oakland’s man-to-man style of defense after being able to freelance frequently while playing zone with the Falcons. He had 17 interceptions in his four seasons in Atlanta, making the Pro Bowl in 2005 and ‘06. He had three interceptions this year, but frequently got beaten on big plays.

Hall got about $8 million of his contract for playing in eight games. But by releasing him now, the Raiders can use some of the money they planned to give Hall to try to keep Asomugha.

Oakland placed the franchise tag on Asomugha this year and would like to sign him to a long-term deal in the offseason. Asomugha would not comment on questions about whether this latest move would reduce his desire to want to return to Oakland.

In other moves, the Raiders placed safety Tyvon Branch (shoulder) and linebacker Robert Thomas (hamstring) on injured reserve with season-ending injuries. The Raiders signed defensive tackle William Joseph and defensive back Michael Waddell, who were both released in training camp. Linebacker Marquis Cooper was also signed.