08-09 NFL Thread

ok ... Now that you got your Raider BASHING out of the way can we pick on someone else?????

say the Cowboys???

Tony Romo is an overrated creation of the NFL hype machine!!
Owens is the worst form of ass cancer there is!!
Wade Phillips's fathers nickname is BUM... Does the apple fall too far from the tree?!?
Other than Al Davis Jerry Jones is the biggest jackass of an owner the NFL has EVER seen!!
I'm seriously hoping that Oakland finishes with a better record than Dallas!!!

ok ... Now that you got your Raider BASHING out of the way can we pick on someone else?????

say the Cowboys???

Tony Romo is an overrated creation of the NFL hype machine!!
Owens is the worst form of ass cancer there is!!
Wade Phillips's fathers nickname is BUM... Does the apple fall too far from the tree?!?
Other than Al Davis Jerry Jones is the biggest jackass of an owner the NFL has EVER seen!!
I'm seriously hoping that Oakland finishes with a better record than Dallas!!!

Dallas haters hey? God bless you guys....always reminding me that EVERYBODY who isn't a Dallas fan hates them for all the greatness that they have brought to the league in there times:

"The Cowboys are the most successful team of the modern era (since 1960). They have won 5 Super Bowls and 8 Conference Championships. The Cowboys have more victories (40) on Monday Night Football than any other NFL team; the Miami Dolphins are 2nd with 39 and the San Francisco 49ers are 3rd with 38.[5] They hold NFL records for the most consecutive winning seasons (20, from 1966 to 1985) and most seasons with at least 10 wins (25). The team has earned the most postseason appearances (29, which includes another league record of 56 postseason games, winning 32 of them), the most appearances in the NFC Championship Game (14), and the most Super Bowl appearances (8), two more than any other NFL team. The Cowboys also played in 2 NFL championship games before the NFL's 1970 merger with the American Football League. The Cowboys became the first team in NFL history to win 3 Super Bowls in just 4 years (a feat that has been matched only once since, by the New England Patriots). They are also tied with the San Francisco 49ers and the Pittsburgh Steelers for having the most Super Bowl wins (5). The Cowboys' success and popularity has earned them the nickname "America's Team"." Wikipedia

Notwithstanding, I am not going to defend Phillips or T.O. you can have your opinion. However Romo is only starting his 2nd year as a starter and has already been in the pro Bowl twice. I think he will be fine again this year...although he had better win a playoff game. Nevertheless think about his performance in Buffalo last year: 5 ints, and he still managed to win the game. A quote I read somewhere said, " Good QBs throw 5 touchdowns and win, GREAT QBs threw 5 Ints and win." I am sure you will disagree, but if you seen that game you would have known a lesser QB would not have been able to drive his team down like he did and put them in the position to win. By the way, as much as I dislike the NY Giants, I was quite pleased to see them put the hammer on your beloved NE Patriots. Those arrogant bastards already had there silly 19-0 T-shirts made up, and do you doubt that the whole team was already celebrating that fact after the AFC championship? And where are those shirts now? Given away to the poor childen in Guatemala or some other God-Forsaken land.

Cheers Cowboys Haters. See you in the SB.

:puke:

You know man it wasn't till after I posted that message that I remembered you're a Cowboys fan... At least you took the ribbing good heartedly!! There was no offense meant.. I was more or less appeasing Thraxx by picking on another team.. I did mean every word of my post.. But it wasn't directed to bum you out or piss you off in any way, shape or form:)

I see Dallas and N.O. as the teams to beat in the NFC and more than likely one of them will be playing my Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Stay cool bro and good luck to your Cowboys this year!!!:kickass:

Dallas haters hey? God bless you guys....:puke:

Quick F.Y.I....
Nevertheless think about his performance in Buffalo last year: 5 ints, and he still managed to win the game. A quote I read somewhere said, " Good QBs throw 5 touchdowns and win, GREAT QBs threw 5 Ints and win." I am sure you will disagree, but if you seen that game you would have known a lesser QB would not have been able to drive his team down like he did and put them in the position to win.

If you're honest with yourself in the slightest you'll admit that Buffalo lost that game and Dallas didn't have to do much except sit back and let the Bills be as bad as they were in that game..

If you don't believe that look at what he did the following week at home against the team so great people pull for teams they dislike to beat them the New England Patriots..

Their numbers respectively were...

Brady 31/46 388 5tds no ints

Romo 18/29 199 2tds 1 int

Do you think if he added 4 extra ints to that total they might've won??
Or instead of a 48 - 27 beating in Dallas it might've been 98 - 27??
I'm going to go with the later.. They beat a bad team by a point with a QB who played
less badly than a team that was destined to be picking in the top 15 picks before the season started..

I'm sure you disagree and that's cool... I'm not saying I'm right but rather just giving you another side
of the coin to look at.

Dallas haters hey? God bless you guys....always reminding me that EVERYBODY who isn't a Dallas fan hates them for all the greatness that they have brought to the league in there times:

"The Cowboys are the most successful team of the modern era (since 1960). They have won 5 Super Bowls and 8 Conference Championships. The Cowboys have more victories (40) on Monday Night Football than any other NFL team; the Miami Dolphins are 2nd with 39 and the San Francisco 49ers are 3rd with 38.[5] They hold NFL records for the most consecutive winning seasons (20, from 1966 to 1985) and most seasons with at least 10 wins (25). The team has earned the most postseason appearances (29, which includes another league record of 56 postseason games, winning 32 of them), the most appearances in the NFC Championship Game (14), and the most Super Bowl appearances (8), two more than any other NFL team. The Cowboys also played in 2 NFL championship games before the NFL's 1970 merger with the American Football League. The Cowboys became the first team in NFL history to win 3 Super Bowls in just 4 years (a feat that has been matched only once since, by the New England Patriots). They are also tied with the San Francisco 49ers and the Pittsburgh Steelers for having the most Super Bowl wins (5). The Cowboys' success and popularity has earned them the nickname "America's Team"." Wikipedia

Notwithstanding, I am not going to defend Phillips or T.O. you can have your opinion. However Romo is only starting his 2nd year as a starter and has already been in the pro Bowl twice. I think he will be fine again this year...although he had better win a playoff game. Nevertheless think about his performance in Buffalo last year: 5 ints, and he still managed to win the game. A quote I read somewhere said, " Good QBs throw 5 touchdowns and win, GREAT QBs threw 5 Ints and win." I am sure you will disagree, but if you seen that game you would have known a lesser QB would not have been able to drive his team down like he did and put them in the position to win. By the way, as much as I dislike the NY Giants, I was quite pleased to see them put the hammer on your beloved NE Patriots. Those arrogant bastards already had there silly 19-0 T-shirts made up, and do you doubt that the whole team was already celebrating that fact after the AFC championship? And where are those shirts now? Given away to the poor childen in Guatemala or some other God-Forsaken land.

Cheers Cowboys Haters. See you in the SB.

they will lose in the divisional game because of a tony romo fumble and find a way to blame it on Jessica Simpson....

You know man it wasn't till after I posted that message that I remembered you're a Cowboys fan... At least you took the ribbing good heartedly!! There was no offense meant.. I was more or less appeasing Thraxx by picking on another team.. I did mean every word of my post.. But it wasn't directed to bum you out or piss you off in any way, shape or form:)

I see Dallas and N.O. as the teams to beat in the NFC and more than likely one of them will be playing my Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Stay cool bro and good luck to your Cowboys this year!!!:kickass:

Quick F.Y.I....

If you're honest with yourself in the slightest you'll admit that Buffalo lost that game and Dallas didn't have to do much except sit back and let the Bills be as bad as they were in that game..

If you don't believe that look at what he did the following week at home against the team so great people pull for teams they dislike to beat them the New England Patriots..

Their numbers respectively were...

Brady 31/46 388 5tds no ints

Romo 18/29 199 2tds 1 int

Do you think if he added 4 extra ints to that total they might've won??
Or instead of a 48 - 27 beating in Dallas it might've been 98 - 27??
I'm going to go with the later.. They beat a bad team by a point with a QB who played
less badly than a team that was destined to be picking in the top 15 picks before the season started..

I'm sure you disagree and that's cool... I'm not saying I'm right but rather just giving you another side
of the coin to look at.

OK OK T-Man, I know you are a NE fan, and Brady is good. Don't get me wrong you guys have a hell of a team; Brady is OK in my book cuz he's from Michigan (me too); the point about the Buffalo game is that Romo came through when he needed too....and yes Buffalo did everything in its power to lose....I realized that too. The crux of the game is that most (if not all) QBs would have packed it in. Hate the Cowboys or not Romo is a top 5 (possibly top 3) QB right now. He needs to get over the playoff hump, and I think he will. At least I hope he does....lol. So let's not get uptight here. Dallas should be considered one of the best in the league....(top 4 assuredly); I think they will do well this year. IF they choke in the playoffs Phillips will be history and Jason Garrett will be Head coach.

they will lose in the divisional game because of a tony romo fumble and find a way to blame it on Jessica Simpson....

Haha....quite possible.....but I hope not.:puke:

Dude, I'm not uptight at all about anything that's been said here so I hope it's not coming across that way:)

I don't hate the Cowboys but I'm definitely not a fan.. They are in the NFC's upper class of teams to beat that's a given.... But until Romo proves he can do more than choke on the big game he can't even be considered a top 10 QB let alone top 3.

Barring a serious disaster they're a lock to make the playoffs!!
Other than that we'll all have to wait and see!! I've liked their D for quite sometime!!

OK OK T-Man, I know you are a NE fan, and Brady is good. Don't get me wrong you guys have a hell of a team; Brady is OK in my book cuz he's from Michigan (me too); the point about the Buffalo game is that Romo came through when he needed too....and yes Buffalo did everything in its power to lose....I realized that too. The crux of the game is that most (if not all) QBs would have packed it in. Hate the Cowboys or not Romo is a top 5 (possibly top 3) QB right now. He needs to get over the playoff hump, and I think he will. At least I hope he does....lol. So let's not get uptight here. Dallas should be considered one of the best in the league....(top 4 assuredly); I think they will do well this year. IF they choke in the playoffs Phillips will be history and Jason Garrett will be Head coach.

Dude, I'm not uptight at all about anything that's been said here so I hope it's not coming across that way:)

I don't hate the Cowboys but I'm definitely not a fan.. They are in the NFC's upper class of teams to beat that's a given.... But until Romo proves he can do more than choke on the big game he can't even be considered a top 10 QB let alone top 3.

Barring a serious disaster they're a lock to make the playoffs!!
Other than that we'll all have to wait and see!! I've liked their D for quite sometime!!

Alright, alright. Now I know a QB is more than statistics (as all players are); yet why is Favre considered the best by so many? Ycck! Championships are where it's at, right? Or is it? Statistics and winning the big games are important. Coming into this season I venture to say that Brady, Manning (Peyton), and Romo should be ranked the highest. No?

I concur that winning the big games are most important...hell it took Eli from a bottom-dweller to the elite in 4 games. I salute him for that. And yet, is he better than Romo? I don't know. If you look at how the Cowboys lost, it was pretty much the same way NE lost to them. For all that, Romo should be considered good, not "great"; I agree he has to win in the playoffs, has to cut down on his ints, and should be able to win the SB sometime in the future. We will see. That being said he's still better than 80-90% of the starters out there. As noted in my earlier post he is only entering his 2nd year as a starter. Aikman only won his 1st SB during his 4th year.

Keep on drinking Blatz my friend.:headbang:

why is Favre considered the best by so many? Ycck!
Wish I knew!! I share your YUCK sentiment on this guy.. Didn't he throw 7 ints in a game last year??

I concur that winning the big games are most important...hell it took Eli from a bottom-dweller to the elite in 4 games.
I don't see Eli Manning as elite... In fact I don't think alot of people do... Most Giants fans don't like to hear it but the G-men were NOT the best team on the field in last years Super Bowl!!! This irks Patriots fans too but tough shit!!! I like to call it fair... The mighty Bill Belichick got outcoached by Tom Coughlin!! No doubt about it!! Coaching cost N.E. the Super Bowl.

I salute him for that. And yet, is he better than Romo?
He's no worse...I'd leave it at that.

For all that, Romo should be considered good, not "great";
I believe he is good and nowhere near great as of yet. There are still quite a few QB's with more of an upside than Romo in the league at this time (IMO) I truthfully view him more as a backup than a starter.

Wish I knew!! I share your YUCK sentiment on this guy.. Didn't he throw 7 ints in a game last year??

I don't see Eli Manning as elite... In fact I don't think alot of people do... Most Giants fans don't like to hear it but the G-men were NOT the best team on the field in last years Super Bowl!!! This irks Patriots fans too but tough shit!!! I like to call it fair... The mighty Bill Belichick got outcoached by Tom Coughlin!! No doubt about it!! Coaching cost N.E. the Super Bowl.

He's no worse...I'd leave it at that.

I believe he is good and nowhere near great as of yet. There are still quite a few QB's with more of an upside than Romo in the league at this time (IMO) I truthfully view him more as a backup than a starter.

Well I 'm gonna let this one go for now. Opinions, as we all know, are like assholes, everyones got one. I'm not gonna convince you or anybody else that I am right and vice-versa. I am excited for the regular season; I am really hopeful this year (as I think all football fans are). A Cowboys playoff victory would probably be sufficient to make me extremely happy for the season.

As for Favre, I live pretty close to Packer country and I am here to tell you: these "fans" are the most nut-swinging band of unevevolved hominids I have ever seen. Favre can do no wrong. Just witness the debacle brewing down there right now....I am smiling all the time, because us anti-Packer fans will have a victory in any event.

Keep the Blatz cold, and keep watching the skies. :kickass:

Ok...did anybody see the hall of fame Game?

I cant wait to see my team play!!!!

Well I will be there Monday night when the Raiders will BEAT the Broncos.....
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL! ON ESPN!!!!!!!

As for Green Bay:
When Aaron Rogers loses his first game they'll want to string him up the Cheese pole(string Cheese???) or what ever they have in Green Bay!
GO PACK GO

Oh lets give him so time.... NOT!!!!! after he loses the 2nd game.... a riot !!!

GO PACK GO!

As for Green Bay:
When Aaron Rogers loses his first game they'll want to string him up the Cheese pole(string Cheese???) or what ever they have in Green Bay!
GO PACK GO

Oh lets give him so time.... NOT!!!!! after he loses the 2nd game.... a riot !!!

GO PACK GO!

if they put aaron in front of farve this season it would be a slap to all farve has done with the packers...competition my ass...farve wil start