5 Fav Instrumental Albums

Death_To_False_Metal said:
All the Shrapnel catalog kick mucho booty !!!

Malmsteen, MacAlpine, Vinnie Moore, Greg Howe ( Metal Holdsworth), Racer X ( Pablo Gilberto !!!)

But then again, Chick Corea live At Blue Note Tokyo destroys any pussy ass post core melo death pseudo black prog ( zzzzzzzzzzz snorefest here we come !! ) AgallOch Enslaved Paatos or whatever lame bands are worshipped on this board !!!

Stay Be Bop and Jazz Rock my friend !!

:headbang:

paatos is lame because you think youre reinventing the wheel by name dropping chick corea? dont be an idiot. be original. kthx

Uhhh...

Weather Report - Tale Spinnin'
Weather Report - Heavy Weather
Pat Metheny - Secret Story
Pat Metheny Group - Imaginary Day
Pat Metheny Group - Still Life (Talking)

As far as metal stuff goes I dunno I guess the last Pelican was good even though I never listen to more than a few songs on it, "March to the Sea" is absolutely awesome. Chris Poland's "Return to Metalopolis" also rules. Uh...behold: the arctopus maybe? Gordian Knot? I'm really reaching, I almost never listen to any metal/prog instrumental albums.

you should fall asleep to sunn0))) more often :lol:

sunn0)) has riffs?
i though it was just feedback :erk:

but yeah, second vote for when day descends, probly my fav instrumental band so include the two releases theyve got so far
also,

october falls - tuoni
explosion in the sky - those who tell the truth...
russian circles - enter
buckethead- population overides

Hector Berlioz- Symphonie Fantastique
John Petrucci-Suspended Animation
John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess- An Evening With John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart- Clarinet Concerto in A, K. 622 and Clarinet Concerto in A, K. 581
Alex de Grassi- The Water Garden

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Volume II
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
John Coltrane - Blue Train
Brian Eno - Ambient 2: The Plateaux of Mirrors
Jaga Jazzist - The Stix

Hector Berlioz- Symphonie Fantastique
John Petrucci-Suspended Animation
John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess- An Evening With John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart- Clarinet Concerto in A, K. 622 and Clarinet Concerto in A, K. 581
Alex de Grassi- The Water Garden

It's always really...wrong when people put classical pieces in their list of "favorite instrumental albums," no top 5 list including Berlioz and Mozart should have two John Petrucci albums in it. It reminds me of when rolling stone was like "hey 100 greatest albums ever let's put a grand total of 3 token jazz albums on the list, and thus cheapen them immeasurably by ranking them behind Green Day - Dookie." Not that those petrucci albums suck (haven't heard them), I just think classical stuff should be left out of this thread cause it's a different beast.

It's always really...wrong when people put classical pieces in their list of "favorite instrumental albums," no top 5 list including Berlioz and Mozart should have two John Petrucci albums in it. It reminds me of when rolling stone was like "hey 100 greatest albums ever let's put a grand total of 3 token jazz albums on the list, and thus cheapen them immeasurably by ranking them behind Green Day - Dookie." Not that those petrucci albums suck (haven't heard them), I just think classical stuff should be left out of this thread cause it's a different beast.

True. But they are my favourite and most listened to instrumental stuff. And to the guy up there who said Petrucci isn't original. I agree that he has his ups and downs. Some of his stuff is fantastic and some is incredibly boring. For example, Octavarium (with the exception of The Root of All Evil, These Walls, and Octavarium) was a pretty bad album. Enjoyable? Yes. But there is a lot of pointless shredding in some of the songs. An Evening with John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess is absolutely fabulous!

I don't know that much instrumental albums, certainly not much of what is named in this thread. I'll check it out, I like instrumental tracks.

From the ones that I know, two albums come to mind:

When Day Descends - Transcend
Kitaro - Kojiki

I'm sure most of you are familiar with WDD. Kitaro is real nice music too, I don't think a lot of people know it. If you can find some albums, try it. Kojiki is my favorite.

Good call on Kitaro, have you heard of Casiopeia?

Look out for an album entitled, "Mint Jams" mind blowing stuff.

Enjoy. :)

I just think classical stuff should be left out of this thread cause it's a different beast.

Indubitably.

- Charlie Hunter - Bing Bing Bing
- Zappa - Hot Rats
- Yamashita plays Dvorak "New World Symphony" (now this is an exception, cause its transcribed to a guitar, very instrumental album)
- Uakti - Aguas de Amazonia
- Metheny & Haden - Beyond the Missouri Sky