A band that needs some buzz...

I'll be the downer. Some interesting things occur on this album, but at the heart of it there isn't much new. Its a genre love album that feels like more of an attempt to make music that they already love. Full of talent, some wicked guitar melodies, enjoyable to listen to, but doesn't seperate from the pack from me! But I have some high hopes that their next album will define them more.

Its a genre love album that feels like more of an attempt to make music that they already love. Full of talent, some wicked guitar melodies, enjoyable to listen to

What's your point then? :p I'll be the first to admit they're not breaking any new ground. With that said, they do what they do and do it very, very well! Honestly, this is one of those discs that I'd toss at someone wanting to know what power metal is. :headbang:

~Brian~

The album is great. I hadn't heard any news about them for awhile until hearing they're making another album recently.

:OMG: Sweet baby Jesus!

Steel Lord on Wheels just ran me the Hell over :kickass: Honestly, those two samples on their MySpace have me sold. I'll buy that album and the upcoming one blindly

:OMG: Sweet baby Jesus!

Steel Lord on Wheels just ran me the Hell over :kickass: Honestly, those two samples on their MySpace have me sold. I'll buy that album and the upcoming one blindly

:headbang: It's beyond me how anyone that likes wicked guitar leads, outstanding drumming, and soaring vocals wouldn't be able to enjoy Defying The Rules. Hopefully, their sophmore effort will be just as if not stronger than their debut.

~Brian~

Bryan316 first posted about this band and turned me on to them originally...nice to see that they're moving forward with a 2nd album.

Obviously, it's not groundbreaking material, but when you're in the mood for some fast, ferocious, aggressive soaring power metal...you've got Hibria!

Nice to see there's some love for these guys...

Rock on!

I was on here touting the talents of this band as soon as the debut album was released and no one seemed to care or know about them. It appears that time has finally allowed people to experience this incredible band and become familiar with their work. I am pretty good friends with the guys in the band and I told them to submit a promo package to Glenn for his perusal. Hopefully, he will find it appealing enough to have these guys over here!!

I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but i think Glenn has mentioned before that a band from Brazil is really hard to get to the US due to the VISA issue, and I can vouch for that as we Brought MINDFLOW to MADFEST and they are from Brazil, and it took 7 months to get a visa, and they were willing to do it themselves(how they did it I won't speculate), so unless things have changed I don't see this band happening anytime soon unless the visa rules change.