Eidolon
Helstar
Redemption
Sacred Oath
Eden's Curse
Impellitteri
Leatherwolf

ok so here goes,

Avantasia - Everyone that attends Prog Power this year should have to play and purchace 1 lotto card, and if one of us win, we get Avantasia next year!
Edguy - Please for the people that missed them??? hehe
Iced Earth - Always a good show
Demons & Wizards - I would do terrible things to see them, oh and also to have Jim Morris play the leads live that he recorded :)
Falconer - Seems like a good choice for next year
Theocracy - Always a joy seeing them
Cain's Offering - HA, we can dream ehh?
IMMORTAL! - j/k
GALNERYUS - yes that would be freaking sick
Blind Guardian - why not, I would love to see them again since I missed "and then there was silence" live
Divinefire - I will go, I will never stop, never stop! hahaha
FREEDOM CALL - My head would explode
Hibria - first US appearance????
Rhapsody - that would be amazing
Wintersun - with the new album!

Therion
Opeth
Devin Townsend
Rhapsody (of Fire)
Solitude Aeturnus
Symphony X
Wolf
Angel Dust
Almah
Leprous
Manimal
Artizan
Cloudscape
Theocracy

I agree with the Protest the Hero option and it should definitely be considered. Everyone needs a band they can break to eat or shop during.

I'm not at all a fan of Saxon. Don't own a single disc. However, I've seen them twice; Wacken and Sweden Rock. Both times, they f*cking killed.

Zod

Don't own any SAXON????
That's seriously a heavy metal offense that may land you in prison.

What's next? You are going to tell me you don't own Powerslave or Screaming For Vengence?????

DAMN ZOD!!!! I am mad at you brother.......

No... I own both of those.

Which should I own? I feel like I owe these guys a purchase for kicking my ass twice.

Zod
Denim and Leather, Power and the Glory, Crusader, Strong Arm of the Law, Solid Ball of Rock, Killing Ground, Wheels of steel, Unleash the Beast. My two favorites of all time by SAXON, though are Power and the Glory and Crusader.

Don't own any SAXON????
That's seriously a heavy metal offense that may land you in prison.

What's next? You are going to tell me you don't own Powerslave or Screaming For Vengence?????

DAMN ZOD!!!! I am mad at you brother.......

:lol:

As for Zod, you can't go that wrong with them, outside of the mid-late 80s era that is. Lionheart holds a special place in my heart though because it was my first album of theirs and after that, like they say, the rest is history. But the classics are good too like Denim and Leather, Wheels of Steel and Strong Arm of the Law. I do think though that their newest, "Into the Labyrinth" has the most variety. You get classic Saxon and the heavier Saxon.

Zod - First off, you know I am just playing.

I suppose if you don't have any, you might want to start with the HEAVY METAL THUNDER comp.
That is a current incarnation of the band re-recording the classics.

Others mentioned the obvious classics.
For the modern era, I agree with the others on LIONHEART.

I am very jealous that you saw them twice.
The last two Chicago dates they had were obviously canceled.

Gamma Ray (Festival headliner)
Therion (Friday night headliner)
Falconer
Blaze Bayley
Axel Rudi Pell
Skyclad
Scar Symmetry
Mystic Prophecy
Symphorce
Headhunter (Schmier's other great band)
Rhapsody Of Fire
Grave Digger
Helstar
Biomechanical

This isn't my festival lineup. Except for Gamma Ray and Therion to be the headliners. I'd love to see all of the others, though!
Shit, I forgot SAVAGE CIRCUS, DREAM EVIL, and DARK MOOR.

:lol:

As for Zod, you can't go that wrong with them, outside of the mid-late 80s era that is. Lionheart holds a special place in my heart though because it was my first album of theirs and after that, like they say, the rest is history. But the classics are good too like Denim and Leather, Wheels of Steel and Strong Arm of the Law. I do think though that their newest, "Into the Labyrinth" has the most variety. You get classic Saxon and the heavier Saxon.

Of the newer albums, I really dig The Inner Sanctum.

I'm not at all a fan of Saxon. Don't own a single disc. However, I've seen them twice; Wacken and Sweden Rock. Both times, they f*cking killed.

Zod

I'm in the same boat as you - except the Sweden show I saw (not sure if it was same one you were at - 2005) I didn't care for them at all. Thought they were OK, just not my cup of tea.

*meh*

To each their own...

I could cherry pick other people's replies above, especially the Oceansize, who wouldn't work well with Glenn's audience, but would for Portnoy's Progressive Nation tours.

Meanwhile, I'll simply put a vote in for EITHER band with Britt's avatar, Mister Kim Bendix Pettersen