A Sound of Thunder made it to CNN

If it was all about just losing weight why was there a mention of your band even in the story then?

Because why the fuck not? Hell, any chance to get our name out there is a chance for someone new to see us. I'd be dumb not to take that chance, and it paid off. We got new fans. We sold some albums. A few ladies saw me, got inspiration, and that feels great.

And you're right, losing weight isn't the story. The story is that I lost it, and kept it off. Anyone can lose weight, just like you said. Keeping it off? Not as easy.

It's a bummer that my name is out there for my ass and not my music, but hey, at least it's out there. And tomorrow they'll be playing our music on the local news station BECAUSE of this CNN article, which is more than I can say for a lot of my fellow local musicians. So regardless of how it happens, it's happening, and I'm going to take advantage of it.

I understand human interest stories...but all the stuff she is upset about HAD to have been told by her to the interviewer. It isn't like they had an inside guy go in and find out this info and dig it up and post it. ALL the info that was told seemed like it was used. If you don't want people knowing you business...then keep it to yourself. Of course the news team is going to run with the ex part of the story...it gives the story legs and a reason to lose the weight. Without that part it is just another story everyone knows about a heavy person losing weight. It isn't even a human interest story anymore since everyone knows at least 5 people who have lost a lot of weight. This is why it isn't even an interesting human interest story. It just seems she again wanted attention from something and it sort of backfired on her sadly.

It is like saying I was in a human interest story about me walking to the store...and then the story comes out and mentions that walked and didn't drive because I am saving gas money to buy food. Then me getting upset because I didn't want the reason told. I don't want to look cheap. Now the human interest story about me walking to the store is all messed up and now people view me as a cheapskate. While not a total mirror on what happened above but you get what I am saying. A reporter is ALWAYS going to make the story more interesting than it really is.

If anyone who should be upset is the ex. He looks like a jerk in this and how do we know what he said was even true or even in the context of being abusive? See this now opens up a whole new window in the story. For all we know she could be saying this just for attention. I have seen many many many people do stuff like this in the past.

how do we know what he said was even true or even in the context of being abusive? See this now opens up a whole new window in the story. For all we know she could be saying this just for attention. I have seen many many many people do stuff like this in the past.

If I said all this to get attention, it totally worked. :fu: Good thing I never mentioned his name!

Seriously though, I don't know why you'd be so bothered by it. This is my story and if you're not into it, there's a thousand other stories you can be entertained by. My whole job is to be an entertainer, and my life is apparently interesting enough for people to want to write about it, even if they don't do it in the way I would have wanted.

Though my WTOP interview was done by an actual metal fan, so I have higher hopes for that one. HURRAY!

If I said all this to get attention, it totally worked. :fu: Good thing I never mentioned his name!

Seriously though, I don't know why you'd be so bothered by it. This is my story and if you're not into it, there's a thousand other stories you can be entertained by. My whole job is to be an entertainer, and my life is apparently interesting enough for people to want to write about it, even if they don't do it in the way I would have wanted.

Though my WTOP interview was done by an actual metal fan, so I have higher hopes for that one. HURRAY!

I don't think your life is interesting. There are thousands of people doing the same thing you are. I think the reporter saw an human interest story where the "supposive" mean ex said something mean to girlfriend and girlfriend lost weight and moved on.

Honestly you seem like a person who feels the need for attention about everything but then get upset when you get called out. If you don't like negative attention...don't put yourself out there then.

If you are using this all for attention for your band...there are way better ways to get attention. These types of antics won't carry you far. Do you want your band to be known for it's music or the stupid antics of the singer? At the end of the day you really have to sit back and think on that. Sure you will always have your close friends who will be behind you...but it is a huge turnoff for a lot of people as well.

Like I said..it is always great to see people better themselves health wise. it is super hard to keep the weight off. I have gained a lot in the past few years and it is super hard to get rid of 5 to 10 pounds and keep it off. But you can't sit here and whine now that it was reported wrong after you gave them all the info to report on and that the people on CNN.com's forum are making comments. They see it as what it is and how it was presented to them.

Good luck on the future and hope this will get you many more local shows.

Because why the fuck not? Hell, any chance to get our name out there is a chance for someone new to see us. I'd be dumb not to take that chance, and it paid off. We got new fans. We sold some albums. A few ladies saw me, got inspiration, and that feels great.

See, this is what I was talking about in my original post.

The fact you inspired other women??? AWESOME!!

Just me personally, I am not so sure I would have brought up the band.
As one comment suggested, people are taking issue that you are taking a stand for women by losing weight and dumping a jerk boyfriend, but boast a song called "Kill that B"

That's why I said that a CNN interview, in my opinion, would not be the place to present my "heavy metal" band.

But it all depends on how you want the band name to get out there.

I mean, you could just go the NORTH SIDE KINGS route, and punch out Glenn Danzig next time he is in town!!!! :)

Jesus WTF is with all the pissing and moaning directed towards Nina? She lost the weight, kept it off, got rid of the asshole ex, seems to be in a great place in life, AND got some PR for her band! Who gives a flying fuck about anything else! Let her be happy and leave her be for christsakes!

A couple quick comments from the banjo player:

1) CNN comments section is always filled with horrible comments. That has very little to do with the content of the article.

2). Nobody thinks Alice Cooper is a necrophiliac. Just because we have a song called "Kill That Bitch" doesn't mean Nina doesn't support women. She's just playing a character in that song, no different from Queen of Hell.

3). There is no "backfire". Traffic and shares are way up on the band FB, we're getting positive emails through the site, got a bump in CD sales, and Nina's gotten several additional interviews lined up because of the CNN article.

Jesus WTF is with all the pissing and moaning directed towards Nina? She lost the weight, kept it off, got rid of the asshole ex, seems to be in a great place in life, AND got some PR for her band! Who gives a flying fuck about anything else! Let her be happy and leave her be for christsakes!

The issue is that she was then complaining about the comments and the fact the article wasn't exactly as she thought it was going to be. How do you know he was an asshole? This is just one persons opinion...he must have liked her for who she was because he was dating a heavy person. So he looked beyond looks to get to know her. So in the end she seems like the jerk because she did the....I lost weight and now I can get better looking guys to go out with me now. So in the end it seems that the "ex" was the push she needed but was the jerk? There is a lot to this human interest story than is being said.

Like I said..great she lost the weight. Sad that she has to use this to push her own agenda with it. If it was truly about losing weight...congrats but it seems she is doing it more to push her band. Like Jason said...there are better ways to push a band than this. Sure you got CNN coverage but are those people going to even remember in 5 minutes about your band?

It seems more about a young girl just doing anything for the attention. And when the attention isn't the kind she wants she is now the victim?

Quick question: If a man had a story written about him that was edited to make him look bad, what would your opinion be about it?

The issue is that she was then complaining about the comments and the fact the article wasn't exactly as she thought it was going to be.

Uh, duh, I'm a girl. I can complain about whatever the fuck I want! But you seem to be complaining way more than I am, especially when it comes to me wanting attention. Dude, I'm in a band. Of course I want attention. If I didn't want attention, I'd be a shitty frontmanlady. If you don't like it, that's cool. You don't need to like it. But you're bitching about my bitching and it looks silly.

So how 'bout if my life stories don't entertain you, you just let it go and...

Sashay_Away.gif

Yessir.

A couple quick comments from the banjo player:

1) CNN comments section is always filled with horrible comments. That has very little to do with the content of the article.

2). Nobody thinks Alice Cooper is a necrophiliac. Just because we have a song called "Kill That Bitch" doesn't mean Nina doesn't support women. She's just playing a character in that song, no different from Queen of Hell.

3). There is no "backfire". Traffic and shares are way up on the band FB, we're getting positive emails through the site, got a bump in CD sales, and Nina's gotten several additional interviews lined up because of the CNN article.

1) Truth. Never go into those.

2) Lol, and yes.

3) Awesome!

Uh, duh, I'm a girl. I can complain about whatever the fuck I want! But you seem to be complaining way more than I am, especially when it comes to me wanting attention. Dude, I'm in a band. Of course I want attention. If I didn't want attention, I'd be a shitty frontmanlady. If you don't like it, that's cool. You don't need to like it. But you're bitching about my bitching and it looks silly.

So how 'bout if my life stories don't entertain you, you just let it go and...

Sashay_Away.gif

Why does being a girl make it OK then? So you think you deserve something better because of that? Literally in the past few postings you have basically bought down everything female singers have worked hard to get past. Just last week we were on here talking about the book "Not Just Tit's in a Corset" and the struggles females in music have. Then you go and do an article about losing weight and looking hot and using that to sell your band? Now you are saying because you are a girl you deserve special treatment? You just went against every aspect of what was talked about.

I know TONS of frontmen and women who are amazing singers and put on great performances and they are not attention seekers. I think you are very confused about what makes good front people. Again you go against what every female musician has been trying to get past and be taken serious for their skills and not their body. It is just sad that you didn't realize you were just doing this. I know a bunch of female musicians who would be sick seeing these antics here. It is sad really. I always respect people who don't use crutches to get stuff in life...sadly you seem to want to exploit that for a quick return but then go on the defensive about anyone questioning your motives.

The issue is that she was then complaining about the comments and the fact the article wasn't exactly as she thought it was going to be. How do you know he was an asshole? This is just one persons opinion...he must have liked her for who she was because he was dating a heavy person. So he looked beyond looks to get to know her. So in the end she seems like the jerk because she did the....I lost weight and now I can get better looking guys to go out with me now. So in the end it seems that the "ex" was the push she needed but was the jerk? There is a lot to this human interest story than is being said.

Like I said..great she lost the weight. Sad that she has to use this to push her own agenda with it. If it was truly about losing weight...congrats but it seems she is doing it more to push her band. Like Jason said...there are better ways to push a band than this. Sure you got CNN coverage but are those people going to even remember in 5 minutes about your band?

It seems more about a young girl just doing anything for the attention. And when the attention isn't the kind she wants she is now the victim?

If in fact he was abusive as Nina said, then he was an asshole. Period. As is anyone else who is abusive. That's how I know.

Nina must have spilled a drink on Diabolik on our first trip to Chicago or something. He is pretty quick to shit on her at every given opportunity. Never trust a man with a cat for his avatar.

I'm just speculating, but I think that this is all evidence that he might have a monster crush on me.

Which is totally fine, mind you.