Anubis Gate cancel ProgPower USA XVI Appearance

I've been hoping for Hourglass for a few years now. I encouraged Brick to contact Glenn, but I don't know if he ever followed through. I do know that one of their members started law school a few years back, so I don't know if they're still active.

Brick has told me he definitely would love to play PPUSA. Hourglass were also a band who would undo the loss of AG for me. Their music was very helpful to me at a crucial life moment and watching and meeting the guys would be life-changing.

The only problem is I don't think they have enough popularity to get picked. Also, their songs are very long almost all the time so picking a PPUSA set lasting one hour would be tough. Maybe their upcoming next album might get them a break. They deserve it.

This news breaks my heart. Out of all of the bands that have yet to play the festival, Anubis Gate was the band I was looking forward to seeing the most.
This.

It's hard for me to wrap my head around the reasons surrounding this cancellation, but if Kim's anxiety is at such a debilitating level, then I hope that he gets all of the help he needs.
It is an absolutely miserable thing to deal with and can be (for some people) completely debilitating. I truly hope he can find a way to cope with it.

There's a great prog band called Hourglass out of Utah that I don't think anyone ever talks about. They're not very active but have three albums (one double) who I'd love to see.

Hourglass would be an interesting addition, but there is something about that band that turns people off. I'm guessing its the singer/singers they've used over the years. A band like this would be huge with the addition of a name brand singer, ala Alder/Redemption. When Ray stepped in for Mythiasin it was a game changer. Same thing would happen with Hourglass. Now, lets see who might fit the singer role...hmmm...

Chris Salinas? It would add some dynamics but I'm not sure if his lower range would work here.

Tom Englund would fit the bill nicely but that's a highly doubtful escapade.

Tommy Karevik?

Michael Erickson?

How about Ray Alder? It worked once before, why not let it happen again?

Some day we may see a live Hourglass performance. I'd certainly be interested

First Hourglass album - meh

Second Hourglass album - awesome

Third double album - double meh.

While they are talented musicians, they lack the ability to write memorable melodies and hooks. The singer on the middle album really showed some skill with writing but lacked power in delivery.

I was truly hoping for Ascendia to fill the slot, but I'm sure logistics came into play, and Native Construct is pretty darn good.