Any good prog/power/neo-classical style metal bands that I haven't heard?

"I'll check out that friend's stuff, since I always like to hear talented amateur musicians."

Pardon me sir, but I somewhat take offense to being called an "amateur musician", maybe I'm reading what you've written wrong, because it sounds like you don't consider yourself an amateur and you make it sound like whatever an "amateur musician" is, that you are above that. Anyway, hopefully you didn't mean to say what it sounds like you said, and hopefully I read it wrong. I'm not gonna waste my time starting shit on a forum, especially when it's Symphony X's forum.

ps: your username is cool.

oh and for anyone interested in hearing ArgleBargle's keyboard chops:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/alchemystic.htm

And one other thing, Mr. Matt Moliti is getting ready to unleash quite an album. Don't take my word for it, the stuff on his site is but a snippet of what he's got in store for all of us. Trust me. He's been quite busy writing and recording, his stuff is just vicious, is got that sound, you know, the kind that pierces holes in people...good stuff all around...

Feel free to email me anytime,

Jeremy...

Here's a few more from me:

Sinergy/Children of Bodom
Avantasia
Spock's Beard ~ not as heavy, but they know how to write a killer tune.
Dream Theater :-D
Nightwish is great
OSI ~ not as heavy, but it's Kevin Moore...you can't go wrong with Moore.

ShokaiShimizu said:
"I'll check out that friend's stuff, since I always like to hear talented amateur musicians."

Pardon me sir, but I somewhat take offense to being called an "amateur musician", maybe I'm reading what you've written wrong, because it sounds like you don't consider yourself an amateur and you make it sound like whatever an "amateur musician" is, that you are above that. Anyway, hopefully you didn't mean to say what it sounds like you said, and hopefully I read it wrong. I'm not gonna waste my time starting shit on a forum, especially when it's Symphony X's forum.

ps: your username is cool.

oh and for anyone interested in hearing ArgleBargle's keyboard chops:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/alchemystic.htm

And one other thing, Mr. Matt Moliti is getting ready to unleash quite an album. Don't take my word for it, the stuff on his site is but a snippet of what he's got in store for all of us. Trust me. He's been quite busy writing and recording, his stuff is just vicious, is got that sound, you know, the kind that pierces holes in people...good stuff all around...

Feel free to email me anytime,

Jeremy...
*sigh*

I knew that my wording of that sentence would cause trouble.

I didn't mean "amateur" in the sense of "not good enough to be pro", I meant it in the sense of "not being paid for what you're doing". I believe that's the actual defenition of "amateur", anyway. There are some amateur musicians that outclass the pros, and I have the highest respect for good unsigned bands. Take the band that was mentioned in this topic already, Circus Maximus. Until recently, they were unsigned, but they can give any pro band a run for their money.

I didn't mean to cause any confusion, and I certainly meant no insult.

P.S., don't get the idea that I'm some kinda shredmaster or anything, my keyboard stuff is all MIDI sequenced. If anyone is a mediocre player, 'tis me. o_O

Some CD's I cannot get out of my player:

Symphorce phorcefullahead and Twice Second

Brainstorm Soul Temptation

Since I got turned onto these guys, just loading up on all their cd's. Great Metal, or Prog Metal if you must, that I can't get enough of! \m/ I also just purchased Anathema's digipak and Circle 2 Circle thanks to threads like this and peoples great taste in music! Keep the metal comin'! :hotjump:

Rhapsody
Nevermore
Symphorce
Chroma Key
Sinergy/Children of Bodom
Avantasia
Spock's Beard
Dream Theater
Nightwish
OSI
Magnitude 9
Metalium