Are you christian and like Black Metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.

Erik had a point about BM being a mixture of ideology and style. If you define BM by that, then certain bands 'are' and others 'are not.'

I define BM by the style alone, so I consider And Oceans and Borknagar black metal.

Guardian of Darkness said:
They aren't even black metal aesthetically!

...and Oceans' old stuff is black metal.

Lyrical themes are deviant from usual "omg stan j00 r christchun u sukz0r lzol" themes, but it still sounds symphonic BM.

im a christian, church of england, and i listen to black metal, and hate all christian rock stuff, but im not really hardcore about black metal

and nicko the drummer from iron maiden is a christian

magic rooster said:
im a christian, church of england, and i listen to black metal, and hate all christian rock stuff, but im not really hardcore about black metal

and nicko the drummer from iron maiden is a christian

so is Tom Araya, if Metal Hammer is to be believed...

Int said:
Most Christians are stupid arseholes...sadly.

I don't know if you've met the real Christians or the facades, but it's still stupid to deny credibility of a belief based on the believers' examples and how they live their lives. Being a Christian does not convince everyone to be nice or set a good example sadly. Some people take their beliefs for granted, just as much as some people express them in arrogant or offensive ways. Still doesn't make it right to stereotype Christians, because anyone can say it, yet few can support it.

TaylorC said:
I don't know if you've met the real Christians or the facades, but it's still stupid to deny credibility of a belief based on the believers' examples and how they live their lives. Being a Christian does not convince everyone to be nice or set a good example sadly. Some people take their beliefs for granted, just as much as some people express them in arrogant or offensive ways. Still doesn't make it right to stereotype Christians, because anyone can say it, yet few can support it.

What the hell are you talking about? I was repeating what that fool Anthony said, replacing 'black metallers' with 'Christians', to show how stupid saying something like that is.

Well, this thread has proved most interesting. Both in it's "serious" content and the more humerous aspect of it...

Good to see Mr Nick trying to see things from different views unlike a certain Solar affiliated person...

On some side notes, Scandanavia rocks. I've never been there unfortunately but from what I know of the place and those that I've met who hail from there I think the place is great.

Not wanting to doubt the POWER of Catfish, but is it really necersary!? necarssary!? Essential to have such a monstrous sig?

Reactions: anonymousnick2001
Int said:
What the hell are you talking about? I was repeating what that fool Anthony said, replacing 'black metallers' with 'Christians', to show how stupid saying something like that is.

Well then let me congratulate you for posting such an original and intelligent statement. :Smug:

It wasn't meant to be congratulated. Still, maybe it's true, looking at you.

Giles said:
Good to see Mr Nick trying to see things from different views unlike a certain Solar affiliated person...
Thank you.

Not wanting to doubt the POWER of Catfish, but is it really necersary!? necarssary!? Essential to have such a monstrous sig?
The monstrosity stems from the fish. Therefore, the sig must be large to accomodate it.

I'll get a smaller fish pic next time I change it...

Satanism was invented by christians- the concept of devil worship is just another backwards branch of christianity. So all this bs in some lyrics about blah blah, i hate god, worship satan is actually CONFORMING to the christian caste of belief systems.

so i wholeheartedly agree that black metal is actually about nihilism than it is about satanism and burning stuff. Plus, when I listen to black metal, i can't understand ANY of the lyrics... I just listen for the great music.

Also, some of my friends who are christians (i am not) love black and power metal and can appreciate it on a musical basis instead of a weak-based philosophical/theological one.

Status
Not open for further replies.