Are you christian and like Black Metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely consider myself a Christian. However, there's no denying the greatness of an album like Enslaved - Below the Lights, Emperor - Anthems.., or Darkthrone -Transylvanian Hunger....I don't care what these bands believe. Their words are their words and like alot of Christian bands...they're not attempting to force the listener into what they think or believe. I love the music...religion doesn't affect that.

Tanith said:
If a Christian were to listen to black metal for the lyrics, THEN it would be idealogically contradicting. However, if they were to listen to black metal, simply because they liked the style of music, that should be perfectly acceptable.
This has been said millions of times over in many topics in the General Music Discussion forum. Can't we all just accept it and move on? Every Christian you find who listens to black metal will say the same exact thing.

JACKO said:
Your all fucking morons, you have no idea what the fuck your on about. black metal is about satanism and destruction. christians are stupid. christians listening to black metal is one of the biggest jokes in 'metal' history. fuck all your shit.
Hey Oog, better get back to the cave. Your woolly mammoth meat's getting cold. Fuckin' Neanderthal...

Charubic Murder said:
Christian's listening to black metal is idealogically contradicting. It's akin to a man joining in a feminist revolution.
Happens all the time. Welcome to the 21st century, buddy.

People, there is no rule stating that every black metal band has to be Satanic, or Nazis, or Atheists. They say if it swims like a fish, looks like a fish, and smells like a fish...it could just be a retarded dolphin.

Extol would be a great example.

clangorous said:
Hmmm, Another thread abt Religion and God, As far as this thread goes. I am not a Christian,
Your case is very interesting.
You are from India. What is your religion? What is the concept of boundary between the Good and Evil in your religion?
Do the priests of your denomination forbid to listen Black Metal?

Is it true that you do not eat cow meat?

This is easily argument is easily simplified:

A christian can't listen to black metal because the lyrics are satanic.
To listen to the music is to support the lyrics.
If you listen to black metal you are therefor a satanist.

:loco:

or

anyone can listen to what they want to

From what i'm led to believe, the satanic overtones in the black metal culture weren't really ever (or maybe originally) about being a satanist. In norway christianity overtook that countries traditional beliefs and gods etc. Those in the black metal scene didn't like it and wanted to follow the old ways. Making satanic music was a way they voiced their opinion. The church burning was a further display of that contempt with christianity. So basically, what i'm getting at is that it wasn't really making music about their worship of a deity as much as just rebeling against something they despised for another reason.

I hate religious debates. :err:

The ones who do actually take their lyrics seriously are the royally fucked up band members who do the church burnings and shit. I'm having a great time laughing my ass off over here at you dumbasses who think the satanic stuff in the songs is 'a message'. :lol:

Dusk, nice job of that 2nd paragraph. well said. But Idon't get the first half... are you saying that the first one is true or that Christians can listen to any music they want is true?

epicous said:
Your case is very interesting.
You are from India. What is your religion? What is the concept of boundary between the Good and Evil in your religion?
Do the priests of your denomination forbid to listen Black Metal?

Is it true that you do not eat cow meat?

Hey epicous,
Yup i am from India, I am supposed to be a Hindu, but i am an Atheist, Hinduism is one of the oldest religion predating Christianity,Islam, Buddhism ..., As far as the boundary goes, there are more than 30 million Gods in Hinduism and equal number of Demons and Evil, Atleast in Hinduism ,most of the true Religious preists or followers never force anybody to convert.

Abt the Black Metal stuff, most of the Preists don even know such form of music exists. They all believe that Music as a form of Divine Language and a mode of getting closer to god. As far as my knowledge goes Hindus enjoy the max freedom in terms of believing the so called God , I have seen max number of Atheists in my so called Religion, among the people i know from different Religion.

Yeah thats True that Hindus don eat cow meat, Cow is considered as God which fulfills believer's Wishes, but i don give a damn , i wanna try beef once , i am not able to coz i get blisters if i eat meat which causes intense body heat. :D

clangorous said:
Hey epicous,
Yup i am from India, I am supposed to be a Hindu, but i am an Atheist, Hinduism is one of the oldest religion predating Christianity,Islam, Buddhism ..., As far as the boundary goes, there are more than 30 million Gods in Hinduism and equal number of Demons and Evil, Atleast in Hinduism ,most of the true Religious preists or followers never force anybody to convert.
Even after posting this in the Satanism and Metal thread, you still feel the need to take another whack at the Christians... I've told you and stressed more than enough already most of the stuff I'm about to tell you. First off, how do you KNOW that Hinduism is older? and second, didn't you take notice of when I said that NOT EVEN 2% of true priests FORCE their ideas on people. to Stick up for one's religion is one thing and forcing it on somebody is completely different. You need to tell the difference between the two. ANd also realize that if an unordained person is forcing it on you, then it is not an act of the CHURCH but of the PERSON. The CHURCH does not teach such things.

Abt the Black Metal stuff, most of the Preists don even know such form of music exists. They all believe that Music as a form of Divine Language and a mode of getting closer to god.
You say this as if it were fact also. Of course priests know this form of music exists. Probably not all of them know, but the general population of priests are not out of touch with reality. And i SERIOUSLY doubt that they 'all believe that music is a form of divine language and a mode of getting closer to God'. That is completely ignorant. You're making priests out to be uninformed idiots with no personal interests in their music tastes, when that definitely isn't true. Where do you draw your information from? the vast majority of priests have plenty of outside-of-church music that they like that doesn't express 'divine language' or bring them 'closer to God.'

As far as my knowledge goes Hindus enjoy the max freedom in terms of believing the so called God , I have seen max number of Atheists in my so called Religion, among the people i know from different Religion.
uhh... dude. last time i checked, atheism means they don't believe in a 'God', so how can someone be Atheist and Hindu at the same time?

Yeah thats True that Hindus don eat cow meat, Cow is considered as God which fulfills believer's Wishes, but i don give a damn , i wanna try beef once , i am not able to coz i get blisters if i eat meat which causes intense body heat. :D
ok this is new... yet very confusing. what are you saying? Cow is considered as God which fulfills believer's wishes? you're making no sense. I know you're in India and all, but please do make better English translations.

The way I see it, it doesn't matter. I am Catholic and I listen to a lot of satanic bands, but does that necessarily make me a satanist? No, of course not. I don't advocate the beliefs of any of those bands, I just listen to the music and don't even try to discern the lyrics. I think the whole satanic thing in metal is played out anyway, it's just stupid, but I don't let that affect my overall assessment of the band because my chief concern is the music and brutality (and no, satanic content does not make a band more brutal).

and diabolical vengeance, :lol: :lol: i nearly died laughing when I saw that link. There's people out there who actually take the satanic bullshit seriously :lol:.

*not disagreeing with them on that for one second to explain something:
for one, if Satan is supposed the lord of all evil, wouldn't he be the lord of lies also, since that falls under that? If he's the lord of lies, why do people honestly believe they'll in some way rule in hell or something like that when they die? what's the whole point in following a leader who is the king of lies, who lies to you to get you to follow him? really stupid concept to me and you'd have to be stupid to follow it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.