Atlanta Musicians?

Heavenly Call

Jul 30, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.myspace.com
Are there any musicians, SINGERS in particular in the Atlanta area interested in possibly working to start a melodic/power/heavy AOR band in the style of Edguy/Freedom Call/Dream Evil/Balance Of Power? If so send me an e-mail! I play in several bands around Atlanta, but none in this style. Looking for any kind of musicians, especially singers!!!!! Thanks for reading!

Cannon

When you say Atlanta, do you mean you live in Atlanta? Or are you in a surrounding county...

If so which one?

I live near Atlanta...just wondering

Originally posted by Mephistopheles
What is an AOR band? I have heard that term a few times today...

Depending on who you ask, they'll tell you that AOR is Album or Adult Oriented Rock. Basically, as I understand it, AOR is a style of rock/metal that has more of a poppy feel to it. The songs tend to be full of energy. You find a lot of anthemic songs in AOR, too. That's pretty much the best explanation I have for AOR. If anyone can explain it better, please do! :)

--Mike

That's about the best description of AOR I've ever heard! Just a few bands that fall into this category or at least have songs that do are:

Millenium
Blue Tears
Danger Danger
Unruly Child
Honeymoon Suite

I'm interested in mixing this style with a more powerful metal style. I think the mix could be really interesting, I just need some musicians and a good singer to help me achieve this goal.

Well, Wishmaster here is 10x better and more experienced than I am, but I play a little bass, and I've been known to put a real hurtin' on a few songs vocally (no comments from you, Mike! ;), but I'm afraid I'm not very good at that either. Seems decent singers are about as hard to find as decent drummers in ATL!

Shaye

Good to know that my definition of AOR is somewhat accurate. :)

Lady_Space is correct that I do play bass (I dropped you an e-mail last night, Chris), though I think her potential is about as good as mine. I don't know about finding singers in the Atlanta area, but I do know that bassists and keyboardists seem to be the two hardest to find musicians. The times I've looked, I've found enough drummers and guitarists to fill the Ga. Dome. :)

--Mike