Bands... like Stride

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
Was listening to Stride today. I really really love the band. What other bands ... that maybe I haven't listened to are similar? Its not just the shred, its the singing, and mostly the overall song creation. They remind me of Rush, in that they really focus on writing songs that are easily identifiable, and have quite different riffs.

I guess Stride is more on the AOR side of metal?? And I do like Circus Maximus which has some of the same elements, but looking maybe for the lesser known bands...

THE QUEST
LAST TRIBE
VOX TEMPUS
MIND ODYSSEY
LEE Z
KHALLICE
ODD LOGIC
SCUDIERO
WORLD OF SILENCE
AGE OF NEMESIS
MIND'S EYE
TEARS OF ANGER
HUBI MEISEL
SCENES
VENTURIA

*****These bands do not neccesarily sound like Stride but have the same elements you might enjoy as well. I'm sure you heard most of them, there are many many more but it's late and I'm going off the top of my head. If you need more I can look at my collection and slam plenty more at you :)

Spheric Universe Experience and Mindflow have really stood out for me over the past year.

100% totally agree, plus add to this list:

LEE Z as mentioned above

SCALE THE SUMMIT instrumental band from Houston(home of Stride) totaly awesome

EMPTY TREMOR

DGM

POVERTY"S NO CRIME

Speaking of Stride...

What is going on with them? Their website hasn't been updated since last October. I think I read on these forums that the basist quit or was let go from the band. That's the last I heard.

Anybody have updated information? I saw them in 2005 at PP USA and thought they were a good up and coming band. It would be a shame if they fell apart after finally obtaining a lead singer.

Check out Sieges Even's recent I/O release "The Art of Navigating by the Stars". That and Stride's "Imagine" were both on my top 10 list last year. If you liked Circus Maximus's "The 1st Chapter", I'd also check out Pagan's Mind's "Enigmatic Calling", both also on my top 10 list the year they came out.

Stride's former bassist, Mike Martin, resigned from the band a while back. He is now in Eternity Black. Stride is supposed to continue but they haven't updated anything about a new bassist or what they are doing. At one point, the singer had quit but then rejoined. It would be good to get an update from them.

Yes, Mike Martin is in ETERNITY BLACK, and what an awesome band they are. Had the priviledge of having them Open TEXAS MADFEST, and what an opeining. They really set the bar High.

First of all, thanks so much for your interest in Stride. We always valued our fans and reminded ourselves constantly that without you, we were nothing.

That being said... We regretfully have gone our seperate ways at this point, and have no time table of re-grouping. Joel and Matt have started a killer Van Halen tribute, Mike is with Eternity Black, Rick is doing movie soundtracks, and I am working on a recording project in the Vein of the Beatles but more aggressive. We still talk with one another almost weekly and have remained good friends.

Again we appreciate all of your support, and who knows, we may be back in the studio before you know it.

That being said... We regretfully have gone our seperate ways at this point, and have no time table of re-grouping. Joel and Matt have started a killer Van Halen tribute, Mike is with Eternity Black, Rick is doing movie soundtracks, and I am working on a recording project in the Vein of the Beatles but more aggressive. We still talk with one another almost weekly and have remained good friends.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully you'll all be able to cross paths again and record some more tracks. You guys put on a good show in 2005 at PP USA.

Gary, I think it's very cool that you took the time to respond with an honest update of the band status.

I must say though, after being privy to some of your demos for the upcoming album...it would be a real shame to see that material go to waste. Judging from the 3 or 4 tracks that I sampled, you guys were working on some excellent material.

I know how hard it is to keep a band together...but...man...what a shame...

Good luck to all!

Rock on!

Gary, I think it's very cool that you took the time to respond with an honest update of the band status.

I must say though, after being privy to some of your demos for the upcoming album...it would be a real shame to see that material go to waste. Judging from the 3 or 4 tracks that I sampled, you guys were working on some excellent material.

I know how hard it is to keep a band together...but...man...what a shame...

Good luck to all!

Rock on!

Thanks. I to really loved the stuff we were doing, and am a little sad that the public didn't get to hear some of the heavy stuff we had been working on. We really had the mindset of delivering a heavier album this time. However, I by no means am stating that we won't at least come back with an album in the future.

Again, thanks for the kind words.

Thanks. I to really loved the stuff we were doing, and am a little sad that the public didn't get to hear some of the heavy stuff we had been working on. We really had the mindset of delivering a heavier album this time. However, I by no means am stating that we won't at least come back with an album in the future.

Again, thanks for the kind words.

I'll look forward to this happening, if and when you do...:headbang: