Why is Stride so awesome???

Wkdchylde said:
Good example: To me this is the proper and cool way to say something about a band you dont care for rather than bashing into them, thats not cool. I am sure they read the boards and no one likes reading something awful about things they work hard at.
WKD

Hey guys this is Gary Belin from Stride. Just wanted to say that we understand the fact that our stuff is not for everyone in this genre. We knew that before we started writing the album. That being said, we also appreciate those that can negatively critique our music in a mature and constructive way. In other words the "gay" thing is a little played out and shows a lack of maturity and a lack of understanding of the craft.

As has been displayed by a few on this thread, you can dislike a perticular band's style and still appreciate what they've accomplished musically.

Throat For Stride said:
Hey guys this is Gary Belin from Stride. Just wanted to say that we understand the fact that our stuff is not for everyone in this genre. We knew that before we started writing the album. That being said, we also appreciate those that can negatively critique our music in a mature and constructive way. In other words the "gay" thing is a little played out and shows a lack of maturity and a lack of understanding of the craft.

As has been displayed by a few on this thread, you can dislike a perticular band's style and still appreciate what they've accomplished musically.

Hello Gary! You might not remember me, I met you guys at ProgPower -- I was the big tall babbling lunatic in all black leather that kept going on and on about how cool the song "Imagine" is. :headbang:

At any rate, great comments and I just wanted to once again reiterate how much I enjoyed your performance at ProgPower. I think STRIDE has a very bright future! I'll be proud to say, "I knew them when..."

In Metal,
The SwordLord

I really enjoyed the set at PP6 and went and bought "Imagine" right after the set... Great disc, its in my CD player all the time...

Just for the sake of chiming in for my boys, I have seen first hand the effort, passion, and talent involved in this project. Playing bass in the band for a short while, it was an eye opening experience, and made me an absolute better musician, and inclined to theory. I have been a fan/friend of these guys since the early 90's, and they have always, and I mean always been at the top of the game. It's about time that they are getting the props that they deserve. And I am proud to be a part of making it happen for them.

So to my boyz in Stride......RACK 'EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a special note to Crash Kanzler. We are so happy that things are better for you know what. You have been so cool to me bro, and I will never forget it man.....

Shane

Beholder said:
Just for the sake of chiming in for my boys, I have seen first hand the effort, passion, and talent involved in this project. Playing bass in the band for a short while, it was an eye opening experience, and made me an absolute better musician, and inclined to theory. I have been a fan/friend of these guys since the early 90's, and they have always, and I mean always been at the top of the game. It's about time that they are getting the props that they deserve. And I am proud to be a part of making it happen for them.

So to my boyz in Stride......RACK 'EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a special note to Crash Kanzler. We are so happy that things are better for you know what. You have been so cool to me bro, and I will never forget it man.....

Shane

Hey Shane,
thanks for the props. Also I can tell you that the band has a deep repsect for you as well. You have been a big reason why were now getting the stuff out like we have. See ya hopefully on the 17th at FGB.

Gary

SwordLord said:
Hello Gary! You might not remember me, I met you guys at ProgPower -- I was the big tall babbling lunatic in all black leather that kept going on and on about how cool the song "Imagine" is. :headbang:

At any rate, great comments and I just wanted to once again reiterate how much I enjoyed your performance at ProgPower. I think STRIDE has a very bright future! I'll be proud to say, "I knew them when..."

In Metal,
The SwordLord

Yeah I remember you, how could I forget LOL. Seriously, thanks for your comments and stay in touch.

Gary

SwordLord said:
I'm a dork ... and I'm proud! :loco:

Stay METAL. I will always be in your corner. :headbang:

Nathan "The SwordLord" Block
Minnesota's Tallest and Dorkiest STRIDE Fan

LOL!:tickled: That's not quite what I meant but hey, at least your confident. Actually I remember you from your height, it was hard to forget. You may have missed your call as BB player.

Thanks again man, we need guys like you in our corner.

Gary