BKBK fest for 06

Nov 12, 2002
www.metalasylum.net
The BW&BK Family, in association with Brave Concerts International (BCI - www.braveconcerts.com), is proud to announce that the anxiously-anticipated BW&BK 6-Pack Weekend IV - Back For More is being held in the metal mecca of North America - Montreal, Quebec on October 13th and 14th, 2006 at Le Medley (www.medley.ca). That very weekend, BW&BK is celebrating the release of their 100th issue. Yes, BW&BK has joined the Metal publishing Century Club!

"I can't think of a better way to celebrate the landmark 100th issue of BW&BK Magazine than coinciding it with the famous BW&BK 6- Pack Weekend. And to be having in one of the top metal cities in the world will make for a massive metal bash," says BW&BK Family President/CEO,"Metal" Tim Henderson. "The lineup that Stephan Mellul (BCI President) and myself have put together will live up to the 6-Pack Weekend reputation. We kick things off on "lucky" Friday, October 13th with German thrash icons HELLOWEEN headlining the Night Of Power. On Saturday, October 14th, San Francisco Bay Area legends TESTAMENT will headline our Night Of Extreme Metal. And that is just the beginning! We
have plenty of surprises lined up this year for our first Canadian Assault!"

More acts will be confirmed soon. Tickets are are on sale now at TicketPro.ca for $34.99 CDN (plus applicable taxes). The BW&BK 6-Pack Weekend IV website will be launched soon! Stay tuned...

Ok so a Night of Power.....who are the possibilities for that one? You think we may get lucky with something close to what Gods of Metal looked like this year????
WHITESNAKE
DEF LEPPARD, we can remove these guys since they are clearly Metal no more, thats unless they just play songs off their first three albums. I bet no one would complain about that, I would not.
MOTÖRHEAD
HELLOWEEN
STRATOVARIUS
GAMMA RAY
ANGRA
EDGUY
SONATA ARCTICA

damn... Montreal... that's a long way to drive. I'd have to fly, and I don't know if I want to drop that much cash so soon after ProgPower.

Then again... HELLOWEEN...

DUDE!!!!!!! HHHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWEEEEENNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like the Biffle's schedule maybe busy this year with PP USA, and possibly PP UK and BW BK.

I can't believe they put the tickets on sale before all of the bands are announced. But.. maybe I'll make my first travel for metal.

testofwills said:
Tim told me they had to change as they lost money in Cleveland......He luvd the venue and the crews were great but the Medley can hold around 1700 people and i think he will double his attendee;s in Montreal..:headbang:

It was very wise moving it to Montreal. Several have asked me how I feel about the competion during the same time period. I honestly don't think it's a big deal because of two reasons:

1. It's in Canada.
2. They adhere more to the New England Fest guidline of booking tours.

Glenn H.

booB said:
damn... Montreal... that's a long way to drive. I'd have to fly, and I don't know if I want to drop that much cash so soon after ProgPower.

Then again... HELLOWEEN...

There's a good chance Helloween will play a tour date nearer to you as well...

I believe Helloween said they are doing a full tour.
Does this mean that Kingdom Come are playing the fest too I wonder?

Does a BWBK fest guarantee appearances by Jag Panzer and Seven Witches? :lol:

Harvester said:
It was very wise moving it to Montreal. Several have asked me how I feel about the competion during the same time period. I honestly don't think it's a big deal because of two reasons:

1. It's in Canada.
2. They adhere more to the New England Fest guidline of booking tours.

Glenn H.

Agree with the first one...but they have only booked one tour package in 3 years - the Soilwork tour - but they also got longer sets than normal.
The NEMHF books every tour package an only lets them play 30 minutes ( for the most part ).

Jasonic said:
I believe Helloween said they are doing a full tour.
Does this mean that Kingdom Come are playing the fest too I wonder?

Does a BWBK fest guarantee appearances by Jag Panzer and Seven Witches? :lol:

No more than Progpower guarantees performances by Symphony X and Evergrey.