BKBK fest for 06

testofwills said:
Tim told me they had to change as they lost money in Cleveland......He luvd the venue and the crews were great but the Medley can hold around 1700 people and i think he will double his attendee;s in Montreal..:headbang:

Sure they may be able to double their attendence but Montreal is expensive too. There was a lot of factors as to why they lost money - not just attendance. In fact I don't think they lost money in 2005.

I am sure Glenn can testify that it takes a couple years to establish a festival - ask Glenn how much money he lost in his first couple of years...

General Zod said:
The first BW & BK was awesome. The last two lineup have left me uninterested. As neither Helloween nor Testament interest me, it looks like they're about to be 1 for 4.

Zod

Helloween only interest me if they re-unite with Kiske and Kai Hansen (not likely to happen anytime soon). Testament, on the other hand, are total asskickers in a live setting. One of those bands that work better in front of a rocking crowd than in the studio (at least, their overall studio output).

Dark One said:
Helloween only interest me if they re-unite with Kiske and Kai Hansen (not likely to happen anytime soon). Testament, on the other hand, are total asskickers in a live setting. One of those bands that work better in front of a rocking crowd than in the studio (at least, their overall studio output).
I agree with your Helloween comments. As for Testament, I wouldn't mind seeing them. However, they hardly inspire me to travel, burn vacation days, and spend the cash for tix, hotel, etc.

Zod

General Zod said:
I agree with your Helloween comments. As for Testament, I wouldn't mind seeing them. However, they hardly inspire me to travel, burn vacation days, and spend the cash for tix, hotel, etc.

Zod

I'm tempted. Just as a small vacation, since I haven't had one in years. But... I'm going to wait to see what tours, if any, if they'll hit atalanta, and who else goes.

The shame of it is, I had so much fun at the first one, the wife and I decided that BW & BK would become a regular thing for us. But the line-ups have sucked (obviously, this is only my opinion). Which isn't to say there haven't been some good bands here and there, just that as a whole, the line-ups have been underwhelming. All of that said, given that this in Montreal, I'm more likely to go than if it was in Cleveland. Montreal has some of the best food on the planet, and of course, they also have a :worship: La Casa de Habana:worship: .

Zod

Testament blew last time I saw them (Gods of Metal tour).
Though this was one of Chuck's first outings back touring with the band, so I assume they have tightened up since then.

Should be interesting to see the final roster.