Crimson Glory and Guests

Thank you, Lifeline. ;)

For those interested: http://www.myspace.com/mindcage_x

For the record, Danae didn't sing on any of the stuff that's currently on their MySpace page. She was working on new material with them, and I'm assuming (I don't really talk to the band, these days) it's never going to be released.

Just wanted to mention that, in case any Danae Saree fanboys/fangirls (guilty. lol) were to visit their page and become disappointed.

I have heard her do a wicked Dio-era Sabbath cover, though... :)

On a final note, I was extremely happy to see some Astronomica material performed by the band. Wade and Dave tore it up! In fact, I think Wade's performance that night went leaps and bounds over his performance with Leatherwolf from a few years back.

I'm staying out of the rest of the war, but I completely agree with this. Wade's hardly my favorite singer, but he was excellent on the Astronomica stuff, and didn't do a bad job with "Eternal World", either.

On the subject of Mindcage, that is correct; none of the posted material is mine.
We were working on a concept album shortly before I parted ways with the band; I am not clear on what the status of that endeavor is but it is safe to say that any material I recorded will not be released. I do wish them all the best. :saint:

The Neon Knights cover will be posted again at some point; I'm currently working on some super top secret Stuff and Things of Great Importance :kickass: so stay tuned.

Back to the Crimson Glory album debate, I can't really pick a favorite...personally I think that Strange and Beautiful has some of the most interesting songs on it, actually. It's got a sort of dark sexiness to it at times that just makes me want to move...and that's rare for prog/power metal. :heh:

Back to topic, I thought I read that the drums on Transcendence were mixed with the synclavier, not actually "replaced" by them.

The synclavier is a sequencer/sampler, not a mixer.

The way it was explained to me by Jim M. was that the drum beats were programmed into the synclavier by hand, and that is what was used for drums on the album. The sounds themselves were recordings of the individual drums, but the performance was programmed, and not performed on the drum set.

The way it was explained to me by Jim M. was that the drum beats were programmed into the synclavier by hand, and that is what was used for drums on the album. The sounds themselves were recordings of the individual drums, but the performance was programmed, and not performed on the drum set.

That's pretty darn high-tech for that time...

Right, I'm aware what the synclavier is. What I meant is I thought I read somewhere that the real drums were played in real time as per usual and then mixed together with the sounds the synclavier produced... a "blending of man and machine" I believe the story stated.

Speaking of recording injured... I think we've all heard the story about Boston's Tom Scholz breaking his back and recording all his guitar parts for that album laying flat on his back in the studio.

Transcendence is one of my all time favorite albums, so when I got the chance to talk to Jim Morris I asked him a lot about that album. He said that some of the hi-hat was played, and the rest of the drum performance was programmed by hand into the synclavier. It doesn't really matter to me, as I love that album dearly.

That's because the producer of I&W used the exact same samples for that album as he did for the first Firehouse CD! :lol:

haha, i was just telling someone the other day that the FIREHOUSE albums are some of the BEST sounding records ever. the tones are so thick and despite never having been remastered they really do stand up against new 2009 recordings with just a tiny bit of volume adjustment.

haha, i was just telling someone the other day that the FIREHOUSE albums are some of the BEST sounding records ever. the tones are so thick and despite never having been remastered they really do stand up against new 2009 recordings with just a tiny bit of volume adjustment.

Yeah, but those drums on the first one are triggered all to hell...:lol: I know it's a standard these days to run triggers, but they sound so much better now than they did back then...