Dio exploited?

Support Niji by buying the new David Feinstein cd....it rocks hard and also contains what may be Dio's last vocal performance.

It indeed rocks, but if only David would have hired John West once again to do the vocals (like on the previous "Third Wish" disc), the album would have been a lot better. The vocals sound weird, almost too "loud" and distorted, even on the Dio track...And David's voice lost a lot since his 2000's One Night In The Jungle and the The Rods discs....

It could not be long until we have action figures, lunchboxes, Dio heads on slippers, or Dio condoms.

*COUGH*
%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CKBD100lg.jpg

It indeed rocks, but if only David would have hired John West once again to do the vocals (like on the previous "Third Wish" disc), the album would have been a lot better. The vocals sound weird, almost too "loud" and distorted, even on the Dio track...And David's voice lost a lot since his 2000's One Night In The Jungle and the The Rods discs....

Yeah....Feinstein's vocals sound kinda forced, like he's trying to sound mean. He's sounds fine on a couple of tunes, though. Third Wish was fantastic with John West, but I do like The Rods vibe on "Bitten By The Beast". It's not perfect, but since I'm a huge Rods fan, it's still a treat.

I don't have a problem with this, just so it doesn't get out of control. Zappa did it when he was nearing the end. And I'm sure Dio merch won't come near the level of Kiss merch.

I don't really get how pushing merchandise automatically means taking advantage of death. I would think that pushing more merchandise is a result of much more demand for said merchandise.

I don't have a problem with this, just so it doesn't get out of control. Zappa did it when he was nearing the end. And I'm sure Dio merch won't come near the level of Kiss merch.

As he neared death, Frank Zappa started releasing tons of music recordings from his vaults. I'm not aware of any uptick in other "novelties" of any sort.

If Niji wants to start releasing remastered live recordings from throughout Ronnie's career, I'd be all for it. [Added: like the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dio-At-Donington-UK-Live/dp/B0048Y5N0Q/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1294083528&sr=8-11"]Donnington release[/ame], which is perhaps what all'y'all are talking about in the first place. "Oh...Never mind..."]

As he neared death, Frank Zappa started releasing tons of music recordings from his vaults. I'm not aware of any uptick in other "novelties" of any sort. If Niji wants to start releasing remastered live recordings from throughout Ronnie's career, I'd be all for it.

I didn't mean any particular type of merch in general, just the fact that Zappa too was preparing his family for the inevitable so to speak... but yeah I'd have no problem with some more live Dio CDs coming out... just so it doesn't get out of control.

I was right; it goes toward the cancer charity in Dio's name.

The mission statement provided by the organization is as follows:

The fund is committed to providing free cancer screening programs and testing to all people regardless of their ability to pay. It will support community outreach programs and help provide the necessary equipment and personnel to test and screen people for cancer. It will also provide financial support to those individuals and families afflicted with cancer that cannot access treatment due to the overwhelming financial burden of medical treatments. The fund is committed to the early detection and prevention of cancer through facilitating access to medical screening and medical educational programs. It will support programs designed to integrate medical knowledge into local communities such as cancer screening programs, education on nutrition in cancer prevention, exercise and overall wellness. The goal of the fund is to reduce the risk of developing life threatening cancers by offering access to preventative medical services, furthering the commitment for patients to access to quality medical care related to cancer, the fund seeks to assist families burdened by the cost of caring for loved ones with cancer.

Another way you can donate is by making purchases of Dio merchandise off of the official page.

Link: http://www.itsokimwiththeband.com/2010/10/stand-up-shout-about-cancer-world-of.html

The difference between KISS and Dio? KISS merchandises instead of constantly producing new music.....obviously, Dio can't produce new music. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Support Niji by buying the new David Feinstein cd....it rocks hard and also contains what may be Dio's last vocal performance.

I saw that CD in a local record shop. The music was awesome (though by the numbers sabbath era Dio from the few tracks I heard) but I could not stand the vocals (except when Dio sang on the one track).

Are you serious or just being annoying as usual?

I'm serious. You said either one or the other will happen-- that there either needs to be an official print run of merchandise or no official merchandise run, and if there's no official merchandise, then people will illegally make bootlegs. However, that's not how it works. There doesn't need to be a lack official merchandise for some sleezebags to decide to make bootlegs. Some countries such as Italy sell more bootleg stuff than official stuff, because all of the bootleg stuff is sold by the mafia. That is why CD sales and merch sales in that country are generally so low.

Either way you slice it, bootleggers are going to make money.

Also, to the OP: if you want to get on a soapbox and complain, complain about the idiot fans who would buy this crap just because Dio is dead. Don't complain about the smart business-types who are doing their jobs. If nobody bought the product then the product wouldn't exist.

I'm serious. You said either one or the other will happen-- that there either needs to be an official print run of merchandise or no official merchandise run, and if there's no official merchandise, then people will illegally make bootlegs. However, that's not how it works. There doesn't need to be a lack official merchandise for some sleezebags to decide to make bootlegs. Some countries such as Italy sell more bootleg stuff than official stuff, because all of the bootleg stuff is sold by the mafia. That is why CD sales and merch sales in that country are generally so low.

Either way you slice it, bootleggers are going to make money.

there is NO mafia in Italy.

Maybe the OP is envious that his product won't sell as much as Niji's?

You think maybe there might be a substantial pile of medical bills left behind? Musicians are not generally known for their incredible health benefits...

Also, to the OP: if you want to get on a soapbox and complain, complain about the idiot fans who would buy this crap just because Dio is dead. Don't complain about the smart business-types who are doing their jobs. If nobody bought the product then the product wouldn't exist.