Disperse- Living Mirrors (essential prog metal)

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Don't be misled thinking this is modern/djenty stuff based on the intro or the young look of the band. This is great prog metal with tons of chops, smooth melodies, & sweet grooves. There is quite a bit of Riverside influence on a few of the tunes.

In fact, it's one of my favorite releases this year so far.

The guitarist is one of the best new shredders out there. Check out the "feel" on the solo starting at the 2:55 mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, this is in the queue for me. I look forward to hearing it, as I like their debut. My blurb from 2010:

Disperse - Journey through the Hidden Gardens / prog metal

Traditional prog metal from Poland. I rarely like releases in this genre, but Disperse executes all of the necessary elements so well, I could not help but be won over. Along with all the usual influences, I also hear a bit of Newbreed in their sound at times, though Disperse is mellower than their fellow countrymen.

I was going to make a thread for these guys tonight. So much amazing writing on both albums. I jut got my copy in today and it's almost a perfect match for what I wanted. Heavy, great vocals, very prog, and masterfully written. Jakub is definitely a rising star to watch.

stoked to read they are from the homeland!

POLA0001.GIF

Listened to this album the last couple of days in the car. Reminds me of TERMINAL only the djent version. Excellent jazzy shit all through it.

I might need to look further into these guys. I was a little turned off by their clip from the announcement video...but I could tell they were all very good musicians (esp that guitarist).