Edguy - Potential Headliners?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
I ask this with all humble respect, so please do not take this post as a demand - but rather a statement of opinion...

Since PPUSA3 will be the first time Edguy gets to play in the USA, does it not seem appropriate for them to go on after Blind Guardian?

It's just that PoS have been here before, and by throwing them on before Blind Guardian may even out the power-prog roster a little more (as opposed to SF-Edguy-BG going on back to back).

I for one would love to see Edguy play for more than an hour - as I'm sure most Edguy fans would since we've all waited for them to come to the USA for so many years now! And their music would fit perfectly to follow BG!! They'll keep the place buzzing and vibrant through to dawn!!

And Avantasia II is coming out in August - potentially new material for them to add to their playlist....?

In my opinion, they certainly could headline the night. They're the only band that night (of the bands I know) that have enough power/energy to follow Blind Guardian in my opinion (obviously BG should've done it, but they have to leave early).
PoS has a lot of emotion in their music, but it's more 'mellow' if that's the right word. It definately would break up the night better putting PoS in the middle.

I'm not complaining at all, and I appreciate all of the hard work that Glenn has done just to make this calibur show happen in the US. I just know we'll be seeing PoS in the states again a lot sooner than Edguy (especially once Dream Theater FINALLY decides to bring PoS on tour with them...what are they waiting for??).
In all honesty, I'd love to see all these bands for 90 minutes...but that's just impossible.
I'm just imagining all the special things that can happen at this show. Hansi singing with Edguy, Kai playing with BG, John Schaeffer from Iced Earth showing up and playing Demons and Wizards with BG. lol...the list is endless.

I can't wait for PP3.0!

I will never, ever be able to please everyone. I will say that the show is ProgPower. Thus, I must balance the roster/headliners between prog and power. Yes, we are top heavy on power this year, but that was a fluke as I did not expect everyone to accept my offers. The prog fans deserve a headliner like Pain of Salvation. Besides, anyone that saw their 2 1/2 hr performance at PP I would agree they deserve a return headline spot.

Otherwise, I'd have to call the show PowerPower.

Glenn H

Man, Pain of Salvation played for 2.5 hours at Progpower 1? They must've practically played their entire catalogue (not quite). I'm looking forward to seeing them. I only heard one clip of them live, but the music and all 4 vocal lines during the chorus sounded great.

Actually there is a show called PowerPower - no, I'm wrong - in reality it should be called PowerProgDeathBlackDoomThrashRock. That's German for Wacken. :lol:

Actually, you never know - Edguy could be doing their own US tour soon, and so the whole night could be dedicated to them on their own concert. They are currently on tour in Australia being supported by Vanishing Point and Dungeon (newly signed Aussie power band) and the reviews coming out of that tour are phenomenal.

It's like the second coming of Iron Maiden or something...or at least as something as majestic as that.

Originally posted by Change of a Mem
Man, Pain of Salvation played for 2.5 hours at Progpower 1? They must've practically played their entire catalogue (not quite). I'm looking forward to seeing them. I only heard one clip of them live, but the music and all 4 vocal lines during the chorus sounded great.

I recall seeing a setlist somewhere, and they did about 18 songs from all three (at the time) albums.

Personally I'd rather see Silent Force Headline over PoS or Edguy, especially if DC did any of his solo material. However if I had to choose between the latter two I'd pick Edguy in a heartbeat.

I just don't find PoS appealling at all.

JOhn

I have to say, when I first heard PoS was going to play PP 3; I was like, wow, thats kinda cool. But after listening to Entropia a few more times, thay really have me thinking? I haven't heard any of other their other albums, YET!! But, they could possibly become one of my favorite bands, Entropia is awesome, I have never heard anything like it. Yet another CHESSY POST!!!! I ROCK

After having the privilage of seeing Edguy here in Sydney Australia and I was literely leaning on the stage!
They played for 2hrs and never lost energy etc...one of the greatest acts I have ever seen!
So those of you going to PPUSA3 will not be disapointed in them at all!

Edvantasia, Entropia was the first album I heard by them, and now they are my favorite band!!! You have to get Remedy Lane, it is jammed packed with emotion. You will not be dissappointed. Remedy Lane must be on your next CD order!

I hear ya brother, I personally like Edguy the most out of the whole lineup. However, we must bow and give respect to the veterans. Just give Edguy a couple more years, they'll be there bro!

Absolutely :) I bet Gamma Ray etc will be supporting Edguy one day very soon. I can't see the same potential in any other power metal band - everyone else is becoming a little stagnant (except Angra).

You can almost guarantee that each new Edguy CD will just keep getting better and better. Hope they make a live CD from this tour too.