Favorite Album of All Time

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
Now I understand that this could be very hard for some people to decide, but try. The reason I bring up is because I dug out my Iced Earth "Alive In Athens" album and I realized there is no better album IMO. Some of the tracks sound better live than on the studio version. Barlowe has never sounded better. It contains all your favorite Iced Earth songs. Maybe it is just me and the fact that Iced Earth is my favorite band, but what the fuck were their thinking not making this concert into a DVD??!?!

Anyway what do you guys think about my choice and what is your favorite album?

Although there are some amazing Live albums out there ("Live After Death" is probably THE monster of all time), I'd never pick one as my favorite album in general of all time. I leave that to something that was created in a studio setting, unleashing the power of the music for the first time.

Mine: Opeth - Morningrise (never knew the true power of creativity in music until I heard this classic of a monster)

Mindcrime's definitely right up there though Mark.

I can't speak to Iced Earth much since I haven't heard most of their material.

But in the world of Progressive Rock/Metal I'd go with one of these:

Dream Theater - Awake
Zero Hour - Towers of Avarice (or) Zero Hour (Metamorphosis)
Opeth - Deliverance + Damnation
Pain of Salvation - One Hour by the Concrete Lake
Royal Hunt - Paradox

All right we are only like 4 posts in and guys are listing more than one album. Try to pick one album not three unless you say in this order.

That's because it is impossible to pick just one. Hell, I'm amazed I was able to stop at three. As you can see, by my listing two QR albums, I can't even name a fave QR album. I'm an indecisive prick.

B000053ZY4.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

or

a_BT.jpg

1.Rush 2112
2.Rainbow Rising
3.Van Halen 1
4.UFO Strangers in the Night
5.Helloween Keepers of the Seven Keys II

Fates Warning -- Awaken The Guardian

I still spin it on a regular basis...and it still astounds me every time...

Rock on!

Man what a miserably difficult topic, its like picking your favorite child. I have a few for different reasons so I cant pick one. Call em all a tie.

Iron maiden - Beast and Powerslave
Stratovarius - Episode
Wasp - Crimson Idol and self titled
Savatage - Mountain King
Grave Digger - Heart of Darkness
King Diamond - Conspiracy
Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far
Overkill - Horrorscope
Testament - New Order
Whitesnake - Slide it In
Scorpions - Blackout
Helloween - Keeper II

just to name a few favs

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
All right we are only like 4 posts in and guys are listing more than one album. Try to pick one album not three unless you say in this order.

Dude...it doesn't matter what you try to do...the masses will expound mightily on even given topic...and damn the rules...

Personally, I was already thinking about creating a diversion by starting a "Guess the Roster for PPUSA8" thread."

Great post, though...keep it up!

Rock on!

wayland smithers said:
Man what a miserably difficult topic, its like picking your favorite child. I have a few for different reasons so I cant pick one. Call em all a tie.

Iron maiden - Beast and Powerslave
Stratovarius - Episode
Wasp - Crimson Idol and self titled
Savatage - Mountain King
Grave Digger - Heart of Darkness
King Diamond - Conspiracy
Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far
Overkill - Horrorscope
Testament - New Order
Whitesnake - Slide it In
Scorpions - Blackout
Helloween - Keeper II

just to name a few favs

Yo Rich, did you ever get into that Anthrax show? What else are you hitting up soon?