Favorite Album of All Time

Well my favorite band ever is Judas Priest...always has been. My favorite album by Priest is Unleashed in the East. I guess I'd have to say Unleashed in the East then...for live albums that is.

For studio albums it would have to be Queensryche - Rage for Order...

Queensryche: Operation Mindcrime
In Flames: Colony
Steve Vai The Elusive Light and Sound Vol. 1
Queen: A Night at the Opera
Yngwie Malmsteen: Unleash the Fury

lucretia96 said:
Alice Cooper--Raise Your Fist And Yell
QUOTE]

I have many A.C. favs... with this one being in my list... but I'd have to say that my top A.C. album would be Welcome to My Nightmare or Billion Dollar Babies... but perhaps you like his 80's stuff better? I like all A.C. periods :D

As much as I dislike them now nothing hit me like when I heard Master of Puppets for the first time. I bought it on vinyl the 3rd day it came out and to this day I feel IMO the best Metal album of all time.

Pabla said:
lucretia96 said:
Alice Cooper--Raise Your Fist And Yell
QUOTE]

I have many A.C. favs... with this one being in my list... but I'd have to say that my top A.C. album would be Welcome to My Nightmare or Billion Dollar Babies... but perhaps you like his 80's stuff better? I like all A.C. periods :D

Raise Your Fist And Yell is absolutely brilliant and none of his other albums come even close.

Looks something like-
1. Dream Theater- Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
2. Spock's Beard- Snow
3. Queensryche- Operation Mindcrime
4. Pain of Salvation- One Hour by the Concrete Lake
5. Rush- A Farewell to Kings

TheWhisper said:
Rainbow - Rising
Queensryche - Rage for Order & Operation:Mindcrime

...these would certainly be at the top of my list.
I finally got around to replacing my Rainbow dubbed cassettes from the 80's onto CD and was reminded just how great the first four albums were. The studio version of Man on the Silver Mountain is too slow but it is one of the best live songs ever.
I love Dio's Sabbath and solo stuff but he has never been better than he was in Rainbow.

Did I mention that this is my first post and will be attending my first ProgPower this year?

TXHOSER said:
Did I mention that this is my first post and will be attending my first ProgPower this year?

Last year was mine and my fiancees first PP...we had such a great time! Not only did we get a chance to see some bands that we already loved, but we were introduced to some bands that we weren't familiar with and that we are now into.
You WILL have a great time at PP...not only for the bands but the whole atmosphere of the show is fantastic! This looks like it'll be a yearly affair for us from here on out....

Between the themed albums Savatage: streets and Queensryche: mindcrime....

It comes down to the old cliche - if I could have only 1 on a fictional island (with power and a cd player) which would i choose.

And there, as great and incrediable as Mindcrime is, the fact is I can listen to it about 1x/6months before I just get tired of it.

I could darn near listen to Streets: A Rock Opera daily.

the winner!!!:::::

Savatage: Streets

My five :

Dream Theater - Scenes for a Memory
Orphaned Land - Mabool
ARK - Burn The Sun
Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane
Angra - Rebirth

Between the themed albums Savatage: streets and Queensryche: mindcrime....

It comes down to the old cliche - if I could have only 1 on a fictional island (with power and a cd player) which would i choose.

And there, as great and incrediable as Mindcrime is, the fact is I can listen to it about 1x/6months before I just get tired of it.

I could darn near listen to Streets: A Rock Opera daily.

the winner!!!:::::

Savatage: Streets

soundscape.jpg

Kyle