Favorite Album of All Time

Andy Laudano said:
Without a doubt, and I've said this before ...

Queensryche - Operation:Mindcrime

Same here with honorable mentions

Rage for Order
UFO - Strangers in the Night
Dream Theater - Images and Words
Dokken - Tooth & Nail
Saxon - Power & The Glory
Judas Preist - British Steel
DIO - Holy Diver
Tesla - Mechanical Resonance

I have so many more

Bear

NP: Carnivora - Instrabrutal

Don't think anyone mentioned my #1 of all time -
Savatage Streets

Following up is Operation Mindcrime. After that, things get jumbled, but usually it is Eternity X's The Edge or Symp X's V. For some reason, concept albums get high billing for me :)

Steve in Philly

wayland smithers said:
Hey dude, no I didnt get in, someone dropped the ball. Next I'm goin to see Bronx Casket Saturday at Dingbats. Then I think next is Hypocrisy at BB Kings. what about you?

I think nothing until Nile/Hypocrisy on Feb. 6, though I'm not certain. There's so many shows coming up, I gotta pick & choose.

That sucks you didn't get in man. We'll chat soon.

BenMech said:
B000053ZY4.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

+1

Fates Warning No Exit was the first cd to hit me really hard,and it still gets airplay all of the time. I've gone through two cassettes and two discs of this all time classic.

Savatage Streets has been in heavy rotation since the day it came out so many moons ago.I learned this disc note for note on guitar way back in the day and I still pick up my Ibanez and jam along when this comes on.

Helstar Nosferatu would come in third on my list.James Rivera is a god,Barragan and Corbin are monsters on the guitar,and this entire disc just came together .Perfect in every way

Alice Cooper--Raise Your Fist And Yell
Virgin Steele--The Book Of Burning
Masterplan--s/t
Dio--Dream Evil
Savatage--Streets
Pro-Pain--Foul Taste Of Freedom
Motorhead--Overkill
etc.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Now I understand that this could be very hard for some people to decide, but try. The reason I bring up is because I dug out my Iced Earth "Alive In Athens" album and I realized there is no better album IMO. Some of the tracks sound better live than on the studio version. Barlowe has never sounded better. It contains all your favorite Iced Earth songs. Maybe it is just me and the fact that Iced Earth is my favorite band, but what the fuck were their thinking not making this concert into a DVD??!?!

Anyway what do you guys think about my choice and what is your favorite album?

Alive in Athens is definately the best live album I have ever heard. I wasn't much of an Iced Earth fan at all before I heard it, but I can say all the performances on it were flawless and vast improvements over the studio versions...A Question of Heaven :worship:

I don't really consider live albums when I talk about my favorites though, so here are all the albums I can think of that totally blew me away:

Angra - Angels Cry
Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the Other Side
Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth
Iron Maiden - NotB all the way through to Seventh Son
Stratovarius - Episode
Stratovarius - Visions
Symphony X - The Divine Wings of Tragedy

and the two big ones for me...

Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Pts. 1 & 2

Have to do a top 5..

1. savatage streets.......best ever
2. mindcrime
3 rage for order
4. overkill horrorscope
5. Evergrey In search of truth

honorable mentions..nevermore st, nightwish once, the gathering..how to measure a planet....hell now that i think of that one..its in the top 5 and boot horrorscope.

Hmm....

FUCK I hate these kind of polls.... my picks could change monthly!

But the guaranteed, never gonna change picks:

MetallicA - Master Of Puppets
Dream Theater - Scenes From A Memory
Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast
Dream Theater - Images And Words
Iced Earth - Alive In Athens
Symphony X - The Odyssey

Lord Of The Rings - The Fellowship Of The Ring and I will SLAY you if you mock me for saying so.

:headbang:

My five:

Savatage - Edge of Thorns
Morgana Lefay - Maleficium
Tad Morose - Sender of Thoughts
Pentagram - Anatolia
Eternity X - The Edge