Favorite Power Metal releases of 2016...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I've recently found myself in a headspace where Power Metal is dominating my player. Through 2016 my listening has been monopolized by InnerWish and Brainstorm and I'm looking for some more, new Power Metal releases to add to my queue. Any suggestions?

Reactions: NorseBlood
Definitely:

Eternity's End and Mystic Prophecy and Dynazty (amazing vocals) and Lords of Black and Helion Prime and the Starborn EP (which fucking rips) and Ravensire (which is less power and much more traditional metal but still fucking awesome)

But this is easily my power metal album of the year (yes it came out in 2015 but I just discovered it THIS year) and it's unbelievably awesome:

blackweldersurvivalcd.jpg

Was in Japan last week and got the Eternity's End. It is indded phenomenal. Glad to hear Mr. Parry sing again. Galneryus's "Under the Flag of Courage" was released late last year and is my favorite album I've purchased in 2016.

From 2016:
Sunburst - Fragments of My Creation
Innerwish - Innerwish

I like the Sunburst release even better than the one from Innerwish.

I liked Votum's new 2016 release ktonik, but its prog not power..
Circus Maximus' Havoc was a major disappointment, although the deluxe edition had some live (and older) material from Tokyo that was pretty good.

While this is a 2016 thread, I'll mention these two late 2015 releases because they're so awesome:
Manimal - Trapped in the Shadows
Diviner - Fallen Empires

Really looking forward to PPXVII Wed and Thurs shows. Skipping Fri & Sat.
Power Metal FOREVER !!!

Last edited:
I have honestly heard very little to any power metal releases so far this year that have gotten me excited and Power metal is one of my favorite genres.