Recommend me some good finnish Power metal.....

Good one, but this guy is looking for the "Finnish sound". You know, the speed metal with lots of keyboards.

Tacere is one of those male/female goth/power bands.

It's from Finland. It's got GINORMOUS Power. and it's Metal.

Therefore, it's Finnish Power Metal that's good.

They are from Finland yes but Power metal give me a break, they are Folk/Viking metal no where near Power metal.

Besides Ari Koivunen who got boost from the Finnish Idols competition, these kids; "Sturm Und Drang" have been the one of the biggest surprises on the metal scene this year in Finland. Their first single "Rising Son" landed #4 on the official charts in Finland in March and climbed to #3 staying 6 weeks on the chart. Their debut album "Learning To Rock" entered #3 on the album chart four weeks ago and currently holds the 7th slot.

I call them kids, since they are all only 15-16 years of age, but not for their amazing talent. Their style is power metal leaning to old school hard rock or vice versa, all in the veins of the good old 80's.

Here's their MySpace with the hit song and video "Rising Son" and another guitar driven track "Forever".

I'll be seeing them live next Sunday afternoon at Tuska Festival, after that I'll be able to judge better if they are as good and promising as they sound on the CD. Until then... "we're learning to rock!" :headbang:

Besides Ari Koivunen who got boost from the Finnish Idols competition, these kids; "Sturm Und Drang" have been the one of the biggest surprises on the metal scene this year in Finland. Their first single "Rising Son" landed #4 on the official charts in Finland in March and climbed to #3 staying 6 weeks on the chart. Their debut album "Learning To Rock" entered #3 on the album chart four weeks ago and currently holds the 7th slot.

I call them kids, since they are all only 15-16 years of age, but not for their amazing talent. Their style is power metal leaning to old school hard rock or vice versa, all in the veins of the good old 80's.

Here's their MySpace with the hit song and video "Rising Son" and another guitar driven track "Forever".

I'll be seeing them live next Sunday afternoon at Tuska Festival, after that I'll be able to judge better if they are as good and promising as they sound on the CD. Until then... "we're learning to rock!" :headbang:

Sturm Und Drang is an group and I really like their cd! This one came "out of left field" for me but I was pleasantly surprised! :kickass:

WARR-I-YAR SOUL!!! :headbang:
Winds sweep the snooooooow, resurrecting songs of darkness......

I love that song. Kiuas rules! I can't think of any other Finnish bands that fit your power metal taste right now, but I'll add my opinion that Kiuas, Tarot, Machine Men, Thunderstone and Kotipelto are a great way to start. I just saw Brother Firetribe at Tuska and they were great live.
One of my favorite Finnish bands is Amorphis but they're more progressive/melodic/death-something-or-other.