Recommend me some good finnish Power metal.....

JosephAcevedo

Jul 31, 2005
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
I lately been lacking on releases and have followed much on whats been going on with the Finnish power metal scene.

I'm looking for something as a cross/blend or similair in the vein of Wintersun, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, (early) Norther, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Kotipelto, Warmen, ect.... Well you get the idea.

Something melodic, heavy, and with great Leads.

They're not power metal but here are some finnish bands I've been into lately and I've included web links to help you check them out more easily even if it's not quite what you're after. You never know, you may find something even better than what you're expecting! :

Private Line ( www.myspace.com/privateline ) HIGHLY RECOMMEND and Brother Firetribe ( www.brotherfiretribe.com )
Soul Relic www.soulrelicband.com/site/?section=discography
Lovex www.lovex.fi/

Embraze (not sure if I like this band, love this band, or hate this band. They're something in the writing that's working on me but I'm not sure in what way. Yep, that's weird, I know) www.embraze.net/media.htm

To/Die/For www.myspace.com/tdfrocks and Charon www.charon.fi/ do that kindof pop gothy thing but in a nice metal way.

Sethian www.sethianmusic.com/html/downloads.htm and For My Pain www.formypain.com (each has some ex-Nightwish members) may hit your Nightwish nerve if you like that.

Poisonblack are always a favorite of mine too. http://www.myspace.com/officialpoisonblack

Joe - Listening to the latest Kotipelto offering "Serentity" as I type. Solid stuff, indeed. Grab this one if you haven't already done so.

Drew ~