Post your Prog Power 6 line up.

Has everyone forgotten about Andromeda?! Their new album will probably be out in early Spring. PPVI would be a perfect chance to tour it.:headbang:

I like the Magnitude 9, Sonata Artica and the Pyramaze. However, I'll have to chime in a vote for Opeth as well. My GF will NOT miss PP if they play! I'm not sure if they 'qualify' so to speak... They'd make a nice Headliner.;)

Burke said:
Funny I just drew up my wish-list yesterday here at work.....

My biased WISH list (and if somehow FOUR of these actually come true, I'd be one happy ProgPower attendee....):

(....)

Superior (Germany represent - these guys kick ass and put on a great set at PP2 - new double live CD due out before end of year and work started on a new studio CD - which would be out by the festival probably)

(...)
Yep, new studio CD now due Summer of 2005, and they're now taking preorders on the double-live.
They'd be a great choice, especially since they could do songs from Ultima Ratio this time around and the audience would actually know them. :tickled:

I'll have fun regardless who is playing, but bands I wouldn't mind seeing at ProgPower are...

Accept
Orphaned Land
Entwine
Flowing Tears
Blind Guardian (I missed the year they played)
Superior
Sentenced
Vintersorg
and of course...Evergrey

Ok, here's my list:

The Gathering
Dead Soul Tribe
Planet X or Derek Sherinian
Redemption
Evergrey (a PP staple)
Engine
Opeth
Symphony X (another staple to our PP dietary requirements)
Superior
Any form of a Dream Theater side project (OSI, Liquid Tension Experiment, Platypus)

What can I say - I like to dream BIG!

Here's my band list. Regardless of their indisputable mark on prog and the over-all pioneering of the prog genre. They could never be booked because Prog Power attendees would hate them and leave the venue. Double bass is to Prog Power, as hand claps are to 80's techno dance music.

Steve Howe (Unplugged set AND NO VOCALS)
California Guitar Trio
Trey Gunn
Marillion
King Crimson

Steve Adelson (Chapman Stick Player)
Bogus Pomp
Steve Hackett
Pain Of Salvation
The Flower Kings

Actually, I would like to see an "oddball" band be on the softer side this time rather than the brutal side. We get a death metallish oddball band every year. How about a more prog rock-oriented oddball, like Spock's Beard, or Marillion, or Arena?

k i'm just listening to the new Manticora "8 Deadly Sins" and OMG these guys would be the #3 spot killer in 2k5... holy hell this is a great disc!!!

adaher said:
Actually, I would like to see an "oddball" band be on the softer side this time rather than the brutal side. We get a death metallish oddball band every year. How about a more prog rock-oriented oddball, like Spock's Beard, or Marillion, or Arena?
Ozric Tentacles!
Ozric Tentacles!
Ozric Tentacles!

:wave: :Spin: :tickled: