Any good power metal releases for 2009 I should look into?

JosephAcevedo

Jul 31, 2005
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
I know it's been quite sometime since I last posted and I been going through alot of changes in life right now. However my love for metal hasn't died! Just been busy with other things on the side and I been out of practice in keeping up with my power metal collection so I like to know what suggestions any of you have for great power metal from 2009? I have new Sonata, Stratovarius, Ravage, Rage, Primal fear, and a few others (I can't remember at the moment).

Also if anybody can recommend some good (2009 ) tech death metal in the vein of death, decapitated, necrophagist, decrepit birth, ect..

Thank you everyone!

I think he wants power metal.

Cain's Offering is a must have. If you like power metal with some instrumental, Warmen has a new one and it's their best yet. Winterborn's Farewell to Saints is outstanding. Saint Deamon had a new album this year which I haven't gotten around to getting yet, but it's gotten great reviews. Saidian' Evercircle has some pretty awesome stuff.

And here's two more obscure, but excellent choices: Keldian and Reinxeed. Keldian is very melodic power metal. I don't understand why these guys aren't near the top, because their albums are well produced and the songwriting and talent is there. Reinxeed is pretty generic power metal, but they make cool use of symphonic sounds. But a little lower budget.

It really seems like the ONLY good metal albums being released these days are tech death. I'll chime back in later with a list of stuff you should check out.

It really seems like the ONLY good metal albums being released these days are tech death. I'll chime back in later with a list of stuff you should check out.

Nah dude, the OSDM worship stuff that has come out over the past 2 or 3 years is awesome! Lots of great albums from this year.

Once I'm at my computer I'll post a list of some stuff.

The new Sonata Arctica is alright. New Lion's Share is great. Fool's Game is great. New Iron Fire is good.

I highly recommend Seven Kingdoms - available through the band (click on "Fans" to order them), through iTunes, CDBaby and several other sources.

Combining high octane Iced Earth style riffing with flowing Nightwish-style melodies and soaring choruses (with a touch of beauty & the beast vocals), Seven Kingdoms is sure to please many true metal fans.

I know it's been quite sometime since I last posted and I been going through alot of changes in life right now. However my love for metal hasn't died! Just been busy with other things on the side and I been out of practice in keeping up with my power metal collection so I like to know what suggestions any of you have for great power metal from 2009? I have new Sonata, Stratovarius, Ravage, Rage, Primal fear, and a few others (I can't remember at the moment).

Also if anybody can recommend some good (2009 ) tech death metal in the vein of death, decapitated, necrophagist, decrepit birth, ect..

Thank you everyone!
well, we released an CDEP by Denver band, VALE OF PNATH which is just like Necrophagist.

you can download a free digital sampler from our estore which includes a track from their EP.

also check out new albums by AUGURY, THE RED CHORD, REVOCATION (not too tech, but brutal!), FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE and OBSCURA (features NECRO member)

What Zod said. As far as 2009 discs, I've pretty much only been listening to the Animals as Leaders album, the new Obscura and Devin Townsend Project - Ki.

Haven't really had anything else at all this year really grab me.

Depending on your concept of power metal:

Wolf - "Ravenous"
Lion's Share - "Dark Hours"
Primal Fear - "16.6. Before The Devil Knows You're Dead"
Bone Shaker - " Union"
Bloodbound - "Tabula Rasa"
Cage - "Science Of Annihilation"
Hammerfall - "No Sacrifice, No Victory" (actually you can skip this one)
White Wizzard - "High Speed GTO" (EP)
Ossian - "Egyszer Az Életben" (not strictly power metal and is not in English but...)
Turbo - "Strażnik Światła" (again not strictly power metal and is not in English but...)
Metalforce - "Metalforce" (cheesy but alright)

I can't recall others right now, maybe later at home