Angra
Masterplan (not big enough??)
HammerFall (too big?)

My dream:
Angra feat. Andre Matos
Skyclad feat. Martin Walkyier
Stormwarrior feat. Kai Hansen
the Kiske-Hansen-Grapow project

Anyways, I hope Iron Savior feature Kai next year.

No way in hell Rhapsody is more expensive than Avantasia or Ayreon. At least, I don't think.

Everyone hoping/thinking Rhapsody.. :(
I HOPE TOO!!!!! :worship:
:cry:

im definitely seeing rhapsody being way higher than avantasia.

check this out, rhapsody has nearly *TRIPLE* the plays on last.fm that avantasia has, idk but thats gotta be some indication of something you know?

but if rhapsody was picked, no lie, id cream

im digging blind guardian, iced earth, maybe a return of stratovarius? those would all make me happy, but i agree with everyone else, rhapsody would definitely be a prime selection.

im in an extreme minority but do NOT want to see these bands headlining: nocturnal rites, any female led band, brainstorm.

symphony x would be raw, they do got a new album out
therion would be raw too

make a thread, rhapsody for PP9, make it empress, ill post

Laugh all you want. Many have suggested it before, even in this thread. It's no different than hoping for Avantasia. And I certainly wouldn't be opposed to seeing this joint-project. *shrugs*

I think it would be an insult to the other bands on the list if Demons and Wizards made it. Blind Guardian I agree with, they loved US on their last tour, just off Wacken, idunno never know.

im definitely seeing rhapsody being way higher than avantasia.

check this out, rhapsody has nearly *TRIPLE* the plays on last.fm that avantasia has, idk but thats gotta be some indication of something you know?

but if rhapsody was picked, no lie, id cream

im digging blind guardian, iced earth, maybe a return of stratovarius? those would all make me happy, but i agree with everyone else, rhapsody would definitely be a prime selection.

im in an extreme minority but do NOT want to see these bands headlining: nocturnal rites, any female led band, brainstorm.

symphony x would be raw, they do got a new album out
therion would be raw too

make a thread, rhapsody for PP9, make it empress, ill post

Rhapsody also has triple the albums that Avantasia has, so you'd expect more plays. I don't know why so many people think Rhaspsody are so big and expensive. They opened for Manowar at the same venues that Sonata Arctica and Nightwish headlined, and the combined tour drew less than the others did.
In order to "Cement the ProgPower name" (as if needs it) it would take one of the biggest names in Power Metal. To cement ProgPower, which clearly has already more than established itself, you'd have to produce a band more impressive than any that has played to date. If it were a repeat band then said cementing would already have been done. If you're looking for non-repeat big Power Metal bands of headline calibur the list is pretty short. I'd be looking for Rhapsody, Iced Earth, Helloween, and Hammerfall.

To be honest, I really don't find Rhapsody all that appealing as of late. I don't think I've felt strongly about their albums since Dawn of Victory. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see any progression in their music between Dawn of Victory and Symphony of Enchanted Lands II, it's all like a big blur of all the same sound interspersed with some narratives.

I'd much rather see Luca Turilli do his solo stuff, especially Kings of the Nordic Twilight.

Anything short of DIO, ICED EARTH, GAMMA RAY, HAMMERFALL or HELLOWEEN will be a letdown for me. Most of the other bands listed here either don't fit the description Glenn laid out or just aren't big enough to be a headliner.

OMG OMG OMG, I just realized something. If Within Temptation plays PPUSA, they'll probably play Final Destination, cause that's the most metal of their new songs, but it's also Sharon's least favorite, so they won't do it for a normal set! It's my favorite off the new album. YES!

W T!
W T!
W T!
W T!
W T!

Don't forget the chance of Bruce Dickinson solo material. Sure he doesn't have a band really put together right now. However, he does have the Chemical Wedding movie being worked on, and he might do another special tour or something to promote it.

And hell.. he'd rock as the headliner.

To be honest, I really don't find Rhapsody all that appealing as of late. I don't think I've felt strongly about their albums since Dawn of Victory. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see any progression in their music between Dawn of Victory and Symphony of Enchanted Lands II, it's all like a big blur of all the same sound interspersed with some narratives.

I'd much rather see Luca Turilli do his solo stuff, especially Kings of the Nordic Twilight.

Rhapsody has declined in awesomeness last few albums, but I still think they would put on the best live preformance I would ever see from a band :kickass:

Rhapsody has declined in awesomeness last few albums, but I still think they would put on the best live preformance I would ever see from a band :kickass:

That's my reasoning as well. They're one of the few bands I think are truly big enough to headline the festival. If Glenn has JoP in a slot below headlining, I'm sure he's not messing around when he says there will be no controversy on the status of the headliners.

I think that Edguy will be the other returning band. I heard from one of the members of Echoes of Eternity that they are coming through here next year with EoE and Into Eternity.