Final 2 Headliners

Is there only about 10 bands that fill the bill for a headliner spot?
I keep hearing about the same people when I read threads concerning band wishlists.

It would be great if someone stepped outside the box and threw out a name that would make sense, yet has not been discussed a million times.

Earlier in the thread, one person mentioned Brainstorm. Considering the history of the band at PP, it makes sense for them to headline.

To me, none of the other mentions in this thread would get me to stay for the last set--exception, Symphony X. Problem is, it seems that there IS controversy about SymphX, at least among some of the complainers.

I would love to hear a new name tossed out there that makes sense as a headliner.

I doubt we'll see them but I'd certainly love to again. Especially if Glenn demands some material from The Dance & Enter as those songs are sorely missing from their setlist. And Jillian is a must from The Silent Force.

Yeah I'm guessing because it was a "Heart of Everything" tour plus the fact that they probably didn't know so many Americans would know the words to their songs, they left out the older material. They played a bunch from "Mother Earth" though. I was not expecting their show to be so heavy, but it amazed me.

I honestly have no clue. The only band I wanted to see this year I don't think Glenn would consider headline caliber (Nocturnal Rites) so I don't think it'll be them.

Symphony X, I would shit my pants if they ever played PP again.
Iced Earth, no thanks, not without Barlow.
Rhapsody would be cool to be able to see them at least once, but i'm not a big fan.
Hammerfall, blah, like em but not enough to want them to headline PP.
Helloween would be cool.
WT, please god no.
Edguy, tour here too much now.
Manowar, see WT.
Freedom Call, don't think Glenn would put them any higher than a 3 slot, ever.
CM, please... great band, but no where near headline status.
Angra, supposedly they're no more anyways.

WTH, i'll go with Brainstorm and Helloween.

Symphony X, I would shit my pants if they ever played PP again.
I can do without SX. They're great and Russ is one of the greatest vocalists ever, but they'll be touring a lot more now.
Iced Earth, no thanks, not without Barlow.
That's a hell yeah for me. I'd love to see them again, be it with Ripper or Barlow.
Rhapsody would be cool to be able to see them at least once, but i'm not a big fan.
One of the coolest shows I've ever seen. I'd love to see Rhapsody.
Hammerfall, blah, like em but not enough to want them to headline PP.
It'd get kinda boring after 3 songs. Big enough to headline, but I'd say no.
Helloween would be cool.
FUCK YEAH IT WOULD!!!
WT, please god no.
Thank you.
Edguy, tour here too much now.
Agreed.
Manowar, see WT.
I don't ever wanna see them at ProgPower.
Freedom Call, don't think Glenn would put them any higher than a 3 slot, ever.
It's not like they deserve anyways.
CM, please... great band, but no where near headline status.
That's a band that I could watch 10 sets one after another and not get bored.
Angra, supposedly they're no more anyways.
Let's hope for them still being around and being one of the headliners next year. =)

(re: Circus Maximus) That's a band that I could watch 10 sets one after another and not get bored.

Agreed, not saying I wouldn't love to see them headline, I just can't see them or a lot of other bands mentioned here playing in a HIGHER slot than JoP... JoP just headlined PPEurope, and headlined Barfest... if he's not headlining this one, then there SHOULD be some pretty big names above him.

(re: Angra) Let's hope for them still being around and being one of the headliners next year. =)

I hope to god you are right. One of my all time favorite bands.

Don't forget the chance of Bruce Dickinson solo material. Sure he doesn't have a band really put together right now. However, he does have the Chemical Wedding movie being worked on, and he might do another special tour or something to promote it.

And hell.. he'd rock as the headliner.

+1 but I suppose that would be pretty expensive, no? It would be the ultimate addition, imo.

Hold on a second...

If Angra is staying together and changing management, then HOLY FUCKING SHIT we have to get them for ProgPower IX. I can't think of any band I would want to see headline this fest more next year.

Hold on a second...

If Angra is staying together and changing management, then HOLY FUCKING SHIT we have to get them for ProgPower IX. I can't think of any band I would want to see headline this fest more next year.

o_rly.jpg

Except that they just headlined 2 years ago. But ... I Wouldn't mind them headlining again since I walked out on them two years ago being unfamiliar with their music and going 'do they do anything but do a triple axe attack?'... only to find out later that they do a lot of slower stuff too...

Don't forget the chance of Bruce Dickinson solo material. Sure he doesn't have a band really put together right now. However, he does have the Chemical Wedding movie being worked on, and he might do another special tour or something to promote it.

And hell.. he'd rock as the headliner.

I'd move heaven and earth to see that. We played with him on "Accident", and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen...

The problem with some of these headliners is that they're just too darn expensive for Glenn. Sure, I'd like to see Iced Earth, Helloween, Dream Theater, and others on the same event, but I don't think that will happen. Maybe ONE of them, if you're lucky, but not ALL of them.