Final Bands Confirmed:

:) :) :) :) :) I just want to say that Angra has really made the festival for me. I don't know who the super special #1 band was, but I'm glad they didn't make it this time out!

I opened this thread about 15 minutes before I was supposed to leave work. Just thought I would pop in and see if there had been an annoucement. As soon as I read 'Conception'......I packed it up and left right then. No way could I continue to stay there. I couldn't think of anything else.

I even think I giggled. Awesome. Just amazing. :D

Originally Posted by MetalAges
Good Lord my server couldn't handle all the excitement of CONCEPTION! Haha.

Is that why a couple threads are turning out as blank? Or is that just my computer screwing up?

Holy shit!!! ANGRA RETURNS!!! You don't know what a great feeling it is to see that on the main page!!! F'N AWESOME!! I remember them coming out guns blazing at PP3 with "Nova Era" , I had never heard them before but it got me going!! I think the Temple of Shadows material is great and should be even better live. I've seen their setlist from the Euro tour and it's very cool!!

I've heard a lot about Conception, and I like Kamelot, so it will be a no brainer to check out the Conception stuff...

Standing ovation goes out to Glenn... Stratovarius, Angra, PC69 and now Conception!!!

ProgPowerUSA = Best fest in the US

lucretia96 said:
What is so great about Conception? I never even heard of them before, Kamelot sounds better, not that Conception sound bad, but am I supposed to be really excited about them?

Anyone who would make a statement like that is obviously to young to attend anyhow. :hotjump:

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm there, dude!

Angra and Stratovarius definitely does it for me. And not one band I actively don't like(there were two last year).

Which means I save money because I won't be leaving my seat to go shop for CDs!:)

Meanmistreator said:
Anyone who would make a statement like that is obviously to young to attend anyhow. :hotjump:

Here's the nail and this is you hittting it right on the head... nice one! :headbang:

Meanmistreator said:

I think people should calm down, what is such a big deal. I am not very young and I own about a 1000 metal cds, but I just never heard of this band till now. I would think if they are that good I would have heard of them by now somewhere.

I would have made the trip down JUST to see Conception play a 60 minute set. Now we all know the band Glenn was so stoked about.

I think everyone in my apartment complex jumped three feet out of their chairs after I gave a BIG "WOO-HOO!" when I seen the Conception logo on the homepage.

Angra put on a great show at PPIII and the crowd just loved them. They played the last set at PPIII and left everyone rocking with their Maiden tribute.

SoNofBitcH said:
wow wow wow. now that the board overload is over, i didn't think anyone even considered conception a possibility anymore. i'm now more excited about night one more than i am about night 2. amazing!

Actually, I think they were one of the very first bands on the bill. I remember saying that Glenn was really stoked about one of the pre-headliner bands way back in January. He continued to mention his "stokedness" since that time for this one band and now I'm 99% sure that Conception is it.

Meanmistreator said:

Too young? I'm 32 and I could really care less about Conception. To me, I find it hugely funny that people bitched and complained about Stratovarius, Therion and PC69 but shit their pants over Conception. To me, the songs have been nothing but forgettable but then I lean toward the power side by A LOT!

It'll be cool to see Angra because I had to leave early last time they played. This is certainly one of the top 2 PP shows. Great job glenn and I'm really happy for everyone who is psyched for Conception. Now that your dreams will be fulfilled can you all help me get Pretty Maids or Running Wild in one of the slots SOMEWHERE (PP or BWBK)?

DementiaGuitar said:
Yeah I noticed that Conception's cds are hugely expensive! That's kind of discouraging. Oh well, plenty of time to search around for a deal.

If you would have been paying attention and listening to them 10 years ago, you could of had any of their discs for $12. :tickled:

I bought my first Conception disc in 1995 (In Your Multitude) and have the moment burned into my memory when I first played that disc. This disc and band got me through some really tortureous/stressful times in college during my fine art degree.

I got the disc on a Friday night just before I left for the 5 hour drive home for Thanksgiving vacation. For five hours straight in the cold and dark, I only listened to "In Your Multitude". Since then, nobody I've heard sings with more emotion than Roy Kahn. The last four tracks on that disc are beyond this world. Once you get to song 7, it's next to impossible not to listen to the next three.

lucretia96 said:
I think people should calm down, what is such a big deal. I am not very young and I own about a 1000 metal cds, but I just never heard of this band till now. I would think if they are that good I would have heard of them by now somewhere.

Some of my favorite bands I never heard until I was into my 20s and a couple of them didn't start liking or really digging until even later. E.g., Marillion, Pain of Salvation, and yes, even Conception.

They're not a super heavy band by any means and they definitely ain't Kamelot (who I love as well), but if you like stellar songwriting with great guitar playing and chills-down-the-spine vocals and lyrics, check 'em out. Flow is the best, IMNSHO, and probably the easiest to find. Hell, I'll burn you a copy if you really need me to. :)

Shaye

The Fiddler said:
I got the disc on a Friday night just before I left for the 5 hour drive home for Thanksgiving vacation. For five hours straight in the cold and dark, I only listened to "In Your Multitude". Since then, nobody I've heard sings with more emotion than Roy Kahn. The last four tracks on that disc are beyond this world. Once you get to song 7, it's next to impossible not to listen to the next three.

Well, hell, if we're reminiscing... although Conception didn't really grab me until a few years ago, I do still remember the first time I heard them. I was going out to dinner with Bryant and popped in a tape my friend Johan had made for me with some of the tracks from Flow (ring any bells, Brybutt?? :)). I thought they were good but for some reason got sidetracked and didn't listen to them again until a year or two but then that was all she wrote. :D

Shaye

Originally posted by meanmistreator
Anyone who would make a statement like that is obviously to young to attend anyhow.

You're right. Come on everyone under 21. Let's be good little boys and girls and reconvene at the Good Charlotte forum, and help kill metal instead of learning about this band we've never heard before.