Final Bands Confirmed:

Meteornotes said:
Conception recorded one of my all time favorite discs with "Flow". I named it the best disc of the '90's on my old website. I NEVER thought I would get to see this band.

That's exactly how I feel! I am totally amazed by the thought of seeing them, almost feel like I have to pinch myself.

As for Angra, I loved them at PP III, and I loved it when they did a cover of Maiden's Number of the Beast. Yay, my boy Edu will be back!!!!!

Conception and Angra are excellent bands, I never had the chance to see them live. I loved Angra's new cd, its not as good as earlier works with Andre Matos at the helm, but man is TOTS good. Too bad I can't make it to Atlanta :(

Mike Maximus said:
Wow!! This is going to be amazing :headbang:

I remember seeing Conceptions last concert here in Oslo many years ago, and I thought I`d never see them live again,BUT thanks to Glenn I WILL :worship:

It`s the final countdown :D

Now I know why you guys sound so good to me. You obviously have very good taste. :D

Very cool that you'll be here not only as a performer, but also as a fan!

I can't wait to hear your whole disc, Mike, as I'm blown away by "Alive". When is it coming out again?

Looking very much forward to meeting you and seeing you perform, AND headbanging to Conception with you! :headbang:

It's a long way to September........

Bryan

Though I was sold before anybody was announced, I have to say that these last two bands had to win over a butt-ton of folks. Angra's the only band I guessed right this year, and it almost didn't happen! I'm always up for seeing them live. As for Conception, Glenn has made a seven-year-long dream of mine true! Thanks, dude! Even if they only play one song off of "Parallel Minds," I will not have purchased my Gold Badge in vain. I was so hoping that Tore and Roy would get together on stage for a little Conception action at the second ProgPower, but this is even better! As for anybody arguing over why Conception should be considered so great, here's my take. Not every band is going to appeal to everybody, let alone appeal to them in the same way. However, just because you've never heard of a band, that doesn't mean they can't be great. You can't know everything about every band that exists (unless, of course, you're me). For some reason, some people aren't happy unless they "discover" bands on their own. This is particularly true with metalheads. Can't we all teach each other a little something?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Well....not that it's not good to get into new bands. But it is nicer when you get into a band on your own, instead of there being nine bands I don't know.....so I have to get albums by some of them, it's kind of a chore. It's not a bad thing, since I'm getting albums by the bands on the lineup I think I'll like.......but it's just more of an excitement if a band is announced that I already know.

So basically it's like, I have to interrupt the line of buying albums of things I'm getting into to get some different things......but it's fine, since I'm not getting anything I don't like, and I'll still have plenty of money to get albums from my wishlist the way it looks like it's working out.

Kez said:
Now I know why you guys sound so good to me. You obviously have very good taste. :D

Very cool that you'll be here not only as a performer, but also as a fan!

I can't wait to hear your whole disc, Mike, as I'm blown away by "Alive". When is it coming out again?

Looking very much forward to meeting you and seeing you perform, AND headbanging to Conception with you! :headbang:

It's a long way to September........

Bryan

Oh yes Bryan we are going to headbang that`s for sure :headbang:
The Circus Maximus album will be out in May :Spin:

See ya soon Bryan :wave:

Arnavut:

The band is currently in the studio recording their album. We have a full slate of releases for 2005 and are opening a slot to have the CD available at Progpower. The official street date will actually be in October.

I understand your enthusiam and I'm extremely grateful for it. Unfortunately it will not be possible (at least as it appears now) that we will have the CD for sale before ProgPower.

Part of the magic of the concert experience is discovering bands for the first time. I remember many years ago going to a club in Manhattan to check out a band I had heard about but never heard. That was my first Dream Theater concert.

I'm sure Stride's performance will blow your mind - whether you've heard the CD in advance or not. The great thing about ProgPower is not any one specific band - it's the total experience. Be open-minded and enjoy yourself.

Cordially,
Ken Golden
The Laser's Edge/Sensory

lasercd said:
Arnavut:

The band is currently in the studio recording their album. We have a full slate of releases for 2005 and are opening a slot to have the CD available at Progpower. The official street date will actually be in October.

I understand your enthusiam and I'm extremely grateful for it. Unfortunately it will not be possible (at least as it appears now) that we will have the CD for sale before ProgPower.

Part of the magic of the concert experience is discovering bands for the first time. I remember many years ago going to a club in Manhattan to check out a band I had heard about but never heard. That was my first Dream Theater concert.

I'm sure Stride's performance will blow your mind - whether you've heard the CD in advance or not. The great thing about ProgPower is not any one specific band - it's the total experience. Be open-minded and enjoy yourself.

Cordially,
Ken Golden
The Laser's Edge/Sensory

Thanks, Ken.
I guess I just have wait and get the cd at your booth that day. :D