Final Bands Confirmed:

Well.....I only have albums by one band in the lineup.....but looking back at the history, it's about the same way for all of the lineups, just that this doesn't really have a big hitter for me, although several of the bands I'm sure I'll like once I get their albums. But since their are many bands I need albums from.....I won't be getting any Pink Cream 69 albums, as they don't really appeal to me. But I'm sure their live show will be entertaining.

DementiaGuitar said:
You're right. Come on everyone under 21. Let's be good little boys and girls and reconvene at the Good Charlotte forum, and help kill metal instead of learning about this band we've never heard before.

I am 25. The lineup is pretty good, most bands are quality bands, but none that I am a big fan of (yet), except for Therion, but they will tour U.S. I'll probably get the tickets and then later decide whether to go or not.

Hopefully next year's PP will feature some bands that I really wish to see: Demons & Wizards, Astral Doors, Falconer, Running Wild, Mercyful Fate, Morgana Lefay, Grave Digger, Human Fortress, Jacob's Dream, White Skull, Tarot, etc.

I was hoping for Rhapsody too, but I really can't complain...it's still a killer lineup.

By the way, I just downloaded the Conception video and really like what I'm hearing.

lucretia96 said:
I am 25. The lineup is pretty good, most bands are quality bands, but none that I am a big fan of (yet), except for Therion, but they will tour U.S. I'll probably get the tickets and then later decide whether to go or not.

Hopefully next year's PP will feature some bands that I really wish to see: Demons & Wizards, Astral Doors, Falconer, Running Wild, Mercyful Fate, Morgana Lefay, Grave Digger, Human Fortress, Jacob's Dream, White Skull, Tarot, etc.

oh man...a lineup like that would rock so hard :headbang:

Im happy with the lineup though...I've got my opener that Im dyin to see (Manticora) and a headliner I really want to see (Angra) so Im set right now...give me some time to check out the other bands and I'm sure I'll find another few that I'll wind up getting more excited over...

Barking Pumpkin said:
Well.....I only have albums by one band in the lineup.....but looking back at the history, it's about the same way for all of the lineups, just that this doesn't really have a big hitter for me, although several of the bands I'm sure I'll like once I get their albums. But since their are many bands I need albums from.....I won't be getting any Pink Cream 69 albums, as they don't really appeal to me. But I'm sure their live show will be entertaining.

I had 7 by Therion; 3 by Manticora; 1 by Angra; 1 by Stratovarius; 2 by Symphorce. Now got 1 by PC69, not too impressed though, but pretty good I guess.

I am not a big fan of Conception but Roy Khan has one of the best voices on the planet IMO. So I could sit and listen to him any day...as far as Angra, wasn't too familiar with them at PPIII and now that I have a couple of CDs I can't wait to see them!

(Meanwhile, back to the attaboys :))

Glenn, the festival was already "made" for me with the announcement of Orphaned Land, but these last two have me totally 'stoked' as well. :Spin:

Angra....for a repeat band in a headlining slot, this was the band I could realistically have most hoped for (since I think you had already ruled out Evergrey).

Conception......wow.

Just.....wow.

We've come full-circle. Years ago Dave Thomas gave Conception's Flow his #1 ranking out of 99 CDs for that decade (the 90's, I think), and got me into them since I went out and bought Flow solely on his recommendation. It's a great CD and their others ain't shabby either. :) ....And now, he's sponsoring them.

Once again, dreams come true in September. :headbang: :worship: :headbang: :worship:

Burke said:
-will they have MERCH?!?!?!!? I have been dying for a Concption shirt for years - if they come with five different ones, I will walk outta there with five shirts....
?....

I got a "Flow" shirt from the Noise Records store for 2 dollars a couple years ago.

DementiaGuitar said:
You're right. Come on everyone under 21. Let's be good little boys and girls and reconvene at the Good Charlotte forum, and help kill metal instead of learning about this band we've never heard before.

You're right, since I'm only seventeen that means I obviously don't know anything about metal. Since Angra has been one of my favorite bands for over five years now and all, I'll give that up and listen to Sum 41 for ya'... oh wait, no... no I won't...

Originally posted by IdesofStormrider
You're right, since I'm only seventeen that means I obviously don't know anything about metal. Since Angra has been one of my favorite bands for over five years now and all, I'll give that up and listen to Sum 41 for ya'... oh wait, no... no I won't...

:lol:

I need to get Angra's old cds, I only know their newer material and a few old songs myself.

DementiaGuitar said:
:lol:

I need to get Angra's old cds, I only know their newer material myself.

You know, I'd be elated if they played their entire Temple of Shadows album, start to finish. It is a concept album after all, isn't it?

They've also been playing Slayer's "Raining Blood" on their recent European dates. I hope they don't burn out on that song, as it would be great to hear that as well!

RULES! I was sitting in front of my pc at work yesterday at 2pm PACIFIC TIME waiting for the site to be updated so that I could leave for my vacation in Northern California. I was smiling the entire way up. I was hoping since Glenn couldn't get the band he wanted for slot 1 that Angra was the backup. Well Done! I'll be looking forward to another kick ass show this year!

PPIII was my first PP and I was sick but id not budge for Blind Guardian, I had to leave before Angra hit the stage. Now I'm glad I get a 2nd chance to see them!! I only have 1 album sof ar, but I really like it and will be ordering a few more albums today, hopefully a Conception one.