First Progpower

kashford

Jan 27, 2005
Lawrence, KS
Hello all metal fans,
I'm lookin' into going to the upcoming Progpower, for the first time of course.
Any suggestions about getting tickets and/or hotels?

Pz out metalheads.
:headbang:

WHat's wrong with the SUper 8? I've been to three progpowers before, always staying there. It's a very clean place, decent sized room, very well organized and very inexpensive. There's absolutely NO WAY I'm going to be in a different hotel this year. What better deal could you get in a room of 3-4 people without having to sleep in the bath tub paying only about 50 bucks for the entire weekend? I'd rather stay there and save money for cd's or whatever...

AngraRULES said:
WHat's wrong with the SUper 8? I've been to three progpowers before, always staying there. It's a very clean place, decent sized room, very well organized and very inexpensive. There's absolutely NO WAY I'm going to be in a different hotel this year. What better deal could you get in a room of 3-4 people without having to sleep in the bath tub paying only about 50 bucks for the entire weekend? I'd rather stay there and save money for cd's or whatever...

my dad talked to them and he said they were idiots , could of just been the lady at the front dask who was an idiot :erk:

kashford said:
Hello all metal fans,
I'm lookin' into going to the upcoming Progpower, for the first time of course.
Any suggestions about getting tickets and/or hotels?

Pz out metalheads.
:headbang:

Can't tell you about hotels, but if I were you, prepare yourself to buy the concert tickets within the first week of them going on sale...they sold out in 6 days last year, and if this years lineup is as hot as Glenn is saying its going to be, I'd expect similar.

Yeah, judging from the fact that we're still looking at six US debuts, this could be a watershed year for ProgPower. I'd suggest getting tickets as soon as they go on sale.
I'm assuming it's way too late for the Gold Badge waiting list. (I guess I have a...Platinum Badge? Plutonium Badge? :))

As for hotels, assuming the Fairfield and Granada are both sold out, the other options are the Hampton Inn, the Marriott Residence Inn, the Super 8 (as someone observed), and then a few other oddball choices (Sheraton Century Center is at Peachtree and 14th, and I think there's an InterContinental, Occidental Grand or a Four Seasons on 14th, for those who reallllly don't care about spending money :)).

Awesome, thanks guys.

I was planning on getting tickets the day they went on sale. So now its just a matter of roadtrip and hotel plans.